Options

Sniper Elite III

MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't find a thread on this. Is it just me that is looking forward to this? Really liked the others.

Comments

• Options
    DreamHavenDreamHaven Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i heard it was game of the year.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Couldn't find a thread on this. Is it just me that is looking forward to this? Really liked the others.

only played the second one, thought it was ok will wait for it to drop in price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    only played the second one, thought it was ok will wait for it to drop in price.

dat is fantastic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreamHaven wrote: »
    dat is fantastic

whats fantastic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    whats fantastic?

i dont no :blush:
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16Gb day one update :o is this true?
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 360 copy is coming from Amazon tomorrow at somepoint, I really enjoyed the last one and although this one seems to be flying relatively under the radar, I'm hoping for good things.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparantly so, I'm getting the PS4 version
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

That's a fukin crazy update. The full ps4 Watchdogs game was only 1 or 2 gigs more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly so, I'm getting the PS4 version

lolz.:D

Yeah the Dead Rising update was 13Gb but that added the DLC packs at least.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Eurogamer review 7/10
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Story-wise, there's nothing much to get excited about. You're on the trail of a fiendish Nazi so brutal that even his fellow Nazis think he's a bit much. The game isn't overly burdened with cut-scenes, which is just as well since the lead character is yet another formulaic American with a buzzcut, five o'clock shadow and a voice like chewing gravel. The African setting at least gives certain missions a distinct Indiana Jones flavour, and the overall tone of the game harks back to venerable British comics like Commando or Action.

CVG Review 7/10
    CVG wrote:
    Sniper Elite III is not without its flaws, but these are outnumbered by the sheer satisfaction it provides when everything works as it should. The sniping feels right, the slow-mo kills are disgustingly moreish and each combat area is large and diverse enough to encourage multiple playthroughs with different methods of approach.

The Sniper Elite series has never threatened to topple the Battlefields or Call Of Duties of this world, and this third entry never really comes close to changing that. But for those looking for a less gung-ho, more methodical approach to a war game, then ropey AI aside you could do a lot worse than this.

Total Xbox review 6/10
    totalxbox wrote:
    Glitchy level geometry and the gung-ho tone render it a touch too charmless to rank as one of the great B-games, but it competently delivers on its premise. With each level supporting multiple different approaches past its idiotic guards, and stuffed with collectibles you'll easily overlook amid the drab design, it could easily soak up those long days waiting for the next Xbox One release. You'll know that you could be doing better things with your time, but you probably won't mind.

The Sixth Axis review 7/10
    TSA wrote:
    There’s a good amount of enjoyment and a fair old challenge to be found with Sniper Elite 3. Those who are after more than just another run-and-gun game will do well here, and the inclusion of two player co-op is the icing on the cake. Unfortunately the game is dragged down slightly by the number of glitches, which somewhat ruin the immersion. Still, if you’re after something both tactical and brutal, this is well worth a look.

Digitalspy review 4/5
    Digitalspy wrote:
    The replay value is still high regardless, as Sniper Elite 3 is just downright enjoyable. Taking out unsuspecting Nazis from afar and watching their bones and organs buckle under the impact of a bullet simply doesn't get old.

With a solo campaign lasting around 12 hours and the option to tackle the core missions in co-op mode, there's plenty to sink your teeth into even before you get to the five varieties of competitive multiplayer, with medals to earn and experience points to harvest.

Sniper Elite 3 treads that fine line between realism and fun, but it comes together well, providing cheap kicks for those who enjoy over-the-top sniper kills, and a modicum of tactical depth for players looking for something more substantial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather uninspiring reviews. Think I'll wait and get it on the cheap.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one was underwhelming and felt a bit cheap to me. Not seeing anything worthy of coming back for.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

16GB on Xbox One, 400MB on PS4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I'm going to pick up the digital copy tommorow if the price is below £50. The co-op game alone will give me and my friends loads of fun alone and i enjoyed the the last one.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Think I'm going to pick up the digital copy tommorow if the price is below £50. The co-op game alone will give me and my friends loads of fun alone and i enjoyed the the last one.

45 quid on ps store for ps4. Mine has downloaded and ready to go at 11pm tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweet.

Iv'e been sort of cheating.

I have my 'home console' set as my brothers console and his is set as mine so we only need to buy one copy and we both get to play it in co-op.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16GB on Xbox One, 400MB on PS4.

Haha....noooooooo
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've preordered the PS3 edition, should arrive tomorrow.

I liked SE2 so hopefully this will be even better.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha....noooooooo

Yeah. They did further work optimising the Xbox One version after it went to press, so once you've installed it, the disc version on your HDD is then more-or-less replaced by the digital download version.

If you go digital to start with, you should avoid the huge update.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get it on PC tomorrow. I like Sniper Elite, it's kind of like a videogame version of a good exploitation film. Is it critically notable, does it push technical boundaries? No...but it's a laugh and a lot of fun to play.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I am not keen on in SE games, is that some enemy only spawn if you cross over into a certain area, so looking out for them isn't as fair as it should be.

It is OK once you know the spawn point, but if you look at an area and think it is clear, and then move a millimeter forward and they all suddenly appear, that is not very realistic.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shooter is on FILM4 if you want to get in the mood :)