Options

Shellac Allergy!

Hi

I've been reading up on this and so far ive found no one with an allergy to Shellac.

I do my own shellac at home using CCO products and the past few times i have had a build up under just 1 nail and the nail seems to have come away from the skin due to all the excess build up - i cant even describe what it is but its hard to remove and very painful! Also this time my thumb was throbbing so after sliding another nail under it there was a pop and a pinkish gunk poured out! Like a blister!

Any ideas if this is an allergy or has any one had anything similar?

Thanks!

Amanda

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The product you are using isn't Shellac, which is manufactured and distributed by CND. Genuine Shellac is marketed as professional use only, and you do have to have proof of your manicure qualification to buy from the authorised UK distributor, although lots of people do obviously manage to get hold of it through eBay, Amazon etc.
    CCO products are cheap Chinese imports using all kinds of dodgy ingredients which won't have been tested, and which are more than likely responsible for the problems that you're having. Try using genuine CND Shellac or another reputable professional gel polish like Harmony Gelish and see whether you notice a difference. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ahh will try the CND product! Thank you for the advice!