Rebecca Ferguson - Backtrack

LMLM Posts: 63,318
Forum Member
✭✭
Rumor has it, Rebecca is releasing this as her next single as her Heaven album is seeing a re-release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFz2RLqRq8Y

This song was originally added to the US edition of her album. I think it's a fantastic song and I hope it is released personally.

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Personally I think she has better songs on the standard edition that she could release but her voice is heavenly so it should do well anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I love the Heaven album but haven't been able to get into this one. It might grow on me still though
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do artists re-release their albums. I feel it is cheating the public who have already bought the album. Why can't they put it to bed and release a new one!
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Why do artists re-release their albums. I feel it is cheating the public who have already bought the album. Why can't they put it to bed and release a new one!

Extension Strategy, record labels are businesses. In this case though, it isn't needed, at all. She should sing Shoulder to shoulder. And Teach me...should've been a single in June.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re-releases are a tacky marketing ploy and I cannot abide them.

Cheating at a base level
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded her album last week and loved it! Whens the re-release on sale??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re-releases are a tacky marketing ploy and I cannot abide them.

Cheating at a base level

I think so too. If there is music left over, deliberately or otherwise, they should release a non album single or EP. Unfortunately Amy Winehouse and Leona started this silly 're-release the album in a new cover and add a few songs and the punters will buy the album over again' thing.

Greed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    What happened to Teach Me How To Be Loved? That is so my guilty pleasure song! HUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    just got this album. not listened to it as yet but what i have heard from singles released i cant wait..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Really like Backtrack!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I love this album and this tune. Didn't think i was going to but hey what a surprise.:)
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the new tracks on the deluxe album is a song called "I'll Count The Days" which Rebecca has recorded for the new series of Downton Abbey. The lyrics were written by Don Black.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

Hi twingle, although I agree with you to a certain extent, didn't One Direction release a deluxe version of their album. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it..im still humming the chorus in my head :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Hi twingle, although I agree with you to a certain extent, didn't One Direction release a deluxe version of their album. ;)

But that was at the same time as when the album was originally re-released. You could buy a standard or a deluxe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that was at the same time as when the album was originally re-released. You could buy a standard or a deluxe.

Point taken but I was only teasing twingle.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its the same thing, and i hate it either way. One version is all that's needed. Imagine any of the classic albums of the past with deluxe versions. It's bollocks and i'd say that whoever it is doing it.

release an album, then move on, simple;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its the same thing, and i hate it either way. One version is all that's needed. Imagine any of the classic albums of the past with deluxe versions. It's bollocks and i'd say that whoever it is doing it.

release an album, then move on, simple;)

Can't wait for the release of Sticks And Stones the super deluxe version. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Can't wait for the release of Sticks And Stones the super deluxe version. ;)

it'll never happen:p

:o
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this song and the new tracks on the album are excellent. Worthy of a re-release :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's such a cute song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her voice is okay, but her songs always seem to lack a hook, or tune as it's more commonly called

hmmmm
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe i bought heaven last week and the deluxe one is out already! I knew it was coming soon but it was only £5 so i bought it anyway!
    Mr bright eyes should of been released as a single before backtrack its one of my favorites on the album
  • davidjohn1985davidjohn1985 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Where will this chart?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her voice is okay, but her songs always seem to lack a hook, or tune as it's more commonly called

hmmmm

That's what makes them good - they have substance, artistic depth and don't rely on a catchy jingle to sell.