Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,494
Administrator
I'm-a-pain wrote: »
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but that advert where they say they secretly replaced the (probably very expensive!) products at a beauty spa with a common or garden brand (can't remember exactly what one it is) available from any supermarket, really irritates me.

How DARE they do this to paying customers!!

xx
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1638141

Comments

• chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
      Forum Member
      Ooh,shiny!
    • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think that every time I see that advert I'm-a-pain! :mad:
    • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New thread!
    • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Shiny shiny :D

yay for Forum Support. Literally a minute after someone posted asking where part 8 was, this thread appeared. They're on the ball tonight! :D

Whingefest for me: the stop smoking one which is incredibly badly dubbed. Can't recall the product name.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rednell wrote: »
      Shiny shiny :D

yay for Forum Support. Literally a minute after someone posted asking where part 8 was, this thread appeared. They're on the ball tonight! :D

Whingefest for me: the stop smoking one which is incredibly badly dubbed. Can't recall the product name.

I hate that one as well and I'm sure it must be for Nicorette
    • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Enterprise advert
    • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The cocky little brats in white coats pretending they have spent "millions" on researching what cheese kids like and they came up with "Chedds" made from real Cathedral City Cheddar.
      Get those brats and ALL brats off tv adverts!
      It reminds me of that little Lord Fauntleroy and his: "I get to lick the chocolate of the patula! Oh I love cake!"
      GGGRRRRR....:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
      Forum Member
      Enterprise car rental advert. Mocking American pronunciation, the American says "aluminum", and the English guy says the American should say "aluminium, because it has a 'u,' in it".

Wrong, the pronunciation is different because of an 'i' not because of a 'u'. That really winds me up.
    • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Why are people these days so obsessed with claiming for a injury.

20 years ago you slipped over at work tough luck get off your back side and get over it and carry on with your job.
    • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Sainsburys - Yes, we get it, you sponsor the Paralympics. I don't need a reminder every 5 minutes thank you very much! Also, David Beckham can GO AWAY! :mad:
    • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      steven1977 wrote: »
      Why are people these days so obsessed with claiming for a injury.

20 years ago you slipped over at work tough luck get off your back side and get over it and carry on with your job.
      It's the 'something for nothing' culture thats given us 'zelebs' like BB and reality TV contestants, Cheryl Cole, Kim Kardashiaiaiain et al.

Chav culture is in unfortunately.
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
      Forum Member
      I had no problem with the brave work the soliders do (and seeing the armed forces at the Olympics), that should be applauded, but the advert shouldnt make a pretence theyre going to defend the country. From what?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
      Forum Member
      Hi.. got an account here just to comment on this forum thread! Hello anyway..

Umm the advert that's really annoying me at the moment.. an advert for milkshake.
      'Yop?'
      Don't know if anyone's seen this ad but it's just these people (one's fast asleep) singing a song about yop and asking their mamas to give them some yop?!

The way their mouths move are so creepy.. :s
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
      Forum Member
      I remember a similar ad (way back when) for frozen chips where the kid went "Feed me!" like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors - creepy :eek:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hi twimp and welcome to the forum
    • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hi twimp, have they really resurrected that Yop advert? If so, it's even older than the Galaxy one, and no less irritating than it was years ago. "mama" should pour the stuff over the lazy blighter and tell him to get it himself in future. :-D
    • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hi twimp, have they really resurrected that Yop advert? If so, it's even older than the Galaxy one, and no less irritating than it was years ago. "mama" should pour the stuff over the lazy blighter and tell him to get it himself in future. :-D

I saw that advert being broadcast over the past few days. The Galaxy advert was first broadcast in 2006, I believe the oldest advert still in broadcast circulation is the original 'Windowman' SafeStyle UK advert from 1999 (which I witnessed this year along with the 2003 'sequel').
    • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
      Forum Member
      Vic Reeves in the trains advert.

I'm a fan of Vic & Bob but this ad is awful.
    • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The arnold clark ad (think its mostly shown in scotland and STV)

use sheryl crows "change would do you good" song but basically its someone "karaoking" it

just ruin a good song for me!!

"I'd make a change .... would do you good" - and this for a car??

I would rather make a change and thats pack my bags! :D
    • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The colgate one with the awful actors and their manky blood riddled gums is stirring my hatred pot at the moment.
    • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
      Forum Member
      grimtales1 wrote: »
      I remember a similar ad (way back when) for frozen chips where the kid went "Feed me!" like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors - creepy :eek:

I remember that one- he went
      "Feed me, Feed me, FEED ME NOW!"
      I remember my aunt saying if any of her kids behaved like
      the boy in that ad, she'd yell at him to have manners and
      then send him up to his room with no dinner! ;)
    • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Trainline - As if their adverts couldn't get any more retarded... :rolleyes:
    • SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
      Forum Member
      The Money Shop ad, wrong in so many ways, quite apart from the product on offer:

Are we are meant to feel empathy or sympathy for this woman because she ticks certain boxes ? Nurse (hard working ?) single mum (say aahhh!) and of course, irresponsible cretin ?

"My car fails its MOT every year." So it's not a surprise when it fails again is it ? Yes it is, to her anyway.

"It failed on the tyres, brakes and lights." Tyres and lights can be checked in 2 minutes flat, sorry, minimum.

More importantly, she's got kids and she's driving round in a death trap of an old banger ?

Would you want this woman to nurse you ? Or even be on the same stretch of road as you ?
    • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
      Forum Member
      I'd love to bet let loose on set with a couple of Uzis the next time Vernon Kay and his mum are filming an advert.

Annoying bastards.
    • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The BBC ad for i-player, with that mournful, dirge of a song, it just grates on me.
    This discussion has been closed.