Options

Any NEW Hotel Inspectors??

Soap DodgerSoap Dodger Posts: 226
Forum Member
Watching repeats of the last series of Hotel Inspector on 5, basically because its on just after The Wright Show with Richard Madeley which I am really enjoying - but that's a different thread!!
Although the format is very similar every week it is the people who make the show - grumpy hoteliers, family feuds, etc etc.
Any new episodes coming on 5?? Mind you I thought I saw a trailer on another channel with Alex Polizzi doing another show??
Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia, the series is back next year for a full series with Alex Polizzi
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I quite liked the Restaurant Inspector spin-off with bloke whose name escapes me. Any more of those?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed them all but, as mentioned, they were all getting a bit too samey. Struggling business, Inspector has battle of wills but wins doubting owner round to his/her way of thinking, quick partial tart up, hold reception for locals/journalists/events organisers/travel writers which is a roaring success and everyone's happy. I'd like to see more if they tweaked the formula a bit without ruining it all.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed them all but, as mentioned, they were all getting a bit too samey. Struggling business, Inspector has battle of wills but wins doubting owner round to his/her way of thinking, quick partial tart up, hold reception for locals/journalists/events organisers/travel writers which is a roaring success and everyone's happy. I'd like to see more if they tweaked the formula a bit without ruining it all.

Spot on. A little fresh ait in the format would be good.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a straight man alive that wouldn`t enjoy being bossed around by Alex? One of the recent repeats had some old boy lusting after her impressive rack and after telling her this she kindly leaned forward and gave him the thrill of his life!
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching repeats of the last series of Hotel Inspector on 5, basically because its on just after The Wright Show with Richard Madeley which I am really enjoying - but that's a different thread!!
    Although the format is very similar every week it is the people who make the show - grumpy hoteliers, family feuds, etc etc.
    Any new episodes coming on 5?? Mind you I thought I saw a trailer on another channel with Alex Polizzi doing another show??
    Many thanks.
    Not sure when it was filmed, but Hill House is still going, though I notice the striped drapes that Alex introduced have been replaced. Amusing read of Duncan's website, where the Wildebeest roam the plains! :)

http://www.thehowlinghillhouse.com/

The family today were so unsuited to the hospitality industry, yes some of it can be taught, but there has to be some basic charm from those front of house to start with. Don't know about you, but I also expect more these days than Lasagne and Chips.
    That's something I'd dig out from the back of the freezer on a bad day, not pay someone to serve to me. Hill House food looked really good. Reminded me of the food I had in Scotland many years ago, all fantastic flavour as picked and served the same day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks.
    Not sure when it was filmed, but Hill House is still going, though I notice the striped drapes that Alex introduced have been replaced. Amusing read of Duncan's website, where the Wildebeest roam the plains! :)

The family today were so unsuited to the hospitality industry, yes some of it can be taught, but there has to be some basic charm from those front of house to start with. Don't know about you, but I also expect more these days than Lasagne and Chips. Chips, chips and more chips.
    That's something I'd dig out from the back of the freezer on a bad day, not pay someone to serve to me. Hill House food looked really good. Reminded me of the food I had in Scotland many years ago, all fantastic flavour as picked and served the same day.
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »

The family today were so unsuited to the hospitality industry, yes some of it can be taught, but there has to be some basic charm from those front of house to start with. Don't know about you, but I also expect more these days than Lasagne and Chips.

That place looks really nice and £35 is amazing for B&B even if it's per person and not per room. You'd certainly have to go a long way to get supper for 15 quid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That place looks really nice and £35 is amazing for B&B even if it's per person and not per room. You'd certainly have to go a long way to get supper for 15 quid.
    Note how laid back it is BB. No fixed breakfast time for instance. The only no, no is not to eat chocolate bars in the hot tub. :)

Seems a lovely place to me. If you haven't watched that episode, I highly recommend it. Duncan is a delight, even Alex was bowled over by him. She didn't want to be, but it was obvious.

Surprised at the end there were children. Where did they spring from?
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Is there a straight man alive that wouldn`t enjoy being bossed around by Alex? One of the recent repeats had some old boy lusting after her impressive rack and after telling her this she kindly leaned forward and gave him the thrill of his life!
    Nice rack.......shame about that hair! :eek:
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »

I don't think she's particularly good looking but there is something about her that makes her extremely sexy. The comment she made on an episode of Richard E Grants Hotel Secrets made me go a bit funny as well.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alex and the premise of the Hotel Inspector, but having seen lots of them I'm beginning to think it's misguided. What she/the programme does is temporarily 'normalise' people who shouldn't be left in charge of a toothbrush, let alone a business that's supposed to accommodate and feed people in relative comfort and cleanliness. The show always ends with a smiley Alex expressing her confidence that she's set the business on the right path.

Googling the place afterwards is always illuminating. 'Loveably eccentric' owners often turn out to be unemployable misanthropes, or children who never grew up, with egos as big as the Ritz. The 'Alex factor' probably lasts a matter of weeks, as so many businesses get sold, repo'ed, fined for flouting hygiene regs, and so on.

If I was a hotelier I'd be furious that one of my own was propping up people with no hope of success in, or respect for, the hospitality industry. Not only does this give the industry a bad name, I imagine it takes business from owners who are hardworking and switched on.

As I'm not a hotelier, I shall continue to be amused at the folly of humankind, especially the ones who don't read tripadvisor before booking a hotel.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this to come back, I absolutely adore Alex.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alex returns on Thursday 6th February with a new series.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvelous! Really like this show even if it is a bit samey week in week out. Alex really knows what she's talking about, I don't get why some of the hoteliers seem to go against her ideas. Surely they would be open to anything to uplift their failing business and who better to gain experience off than an established successful hotelier?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Who prefers Ramseys Hotel Hell to this? The Hotel Inspector would never swear at people surely? :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who prefers Ramseys Hotel Hell to this? The Hotel Inspector would never swear at people surely? :-)

She has and does, regularly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She bloody does darling. :D Ruth Watson used to swear like a fishwife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She bloody does darling. :D Ruth Watson used to swear like a fishwife.

I didn't like Ruth Watson, I had an overwhelming urge to slap her and I don't even own a hotel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I didn't like Ruth Watson, I had an overwhelming urge to slap her and I don't even own a hotel.

lol :D You missed her new show on Channel 4 then where she visits B&B's and restaurants who have received bad reviews online and brings back some of the people who left the reviews? She was so condescending to both the business owners and the reviewers.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the LOVELY Alex being back on our screens.

Didn't care for Ruth Watson, she reminds me of my sister in law who also bears a striking resemblence to Jack Duckworth in a wig.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I have only watched one episode of this as it was a hotel near where I lived.

But in the trailer for the new series, at the end is a man who I recognize but cannot think where from? I think it maybe Four In A Bed. So I will be watching that episode as it is driving me mad :D
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member

Hotel Hell is extremely staged, just like Kitchen Nightmares.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great that Alex is back on this coming Thursday 9pm C5.....and on home ground for me too !
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Blueju wrote: »
    Great that Alex is back on this coming Thursday 9pm C5.....and on home ground for me too !

However I expect there will still be that awful accompanying, irritating jingly jangly music throughout?:(