Options

The Following - Season 2

Comments

• Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please god someone kill the annoying cow Emma . She's as interesting as piles
  • Options
    jwarjwar Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    and just as painfull
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwar wrote: »
    and just as painfull

I hear you there
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read lots of articles about this week's episode - they are really hyping it up!
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it always amazes me why they don't just shoot everyone. They had already stabbed the innocent bloke so why not shoot them anyway and hope he gets away.

And giving up their guns was definitely a no no.

It all makes no sense. I'm only watching it to see how ridiculous it all gets.

That should be the strapline for this show!! I just laugh my head off at it. Last weeks' took the biscuit as now the biggest psycho seems to be the FBI bloke. Ryan is such a terrible 'hero' hope he gets killed soon.
  • Options
    FlannerzFlannerz Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I do quite fancy Ryan's niece!

I wonder what Lily will do now after that phone call with Joe. Will she try and kill him?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I think the producers are trying to see how far they can make things as ridiculous as possible.

The new cult is crazy, almost laughed out loud at the divining rod bit. Will be good to see the battle of wills between Joe and the leader.

The Hunter's son deserved what he got. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please god someone kill the annoying cow Emma . She's as interesting as piles

Almost had your wish granted. :)

It amazes me how killers like her get all frustrated when they are about to be killed. Empathy dear? :)
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike and Joe seem to have developed a good rapport. Poor Mike.

Mika's wife has a look of Kara Tointon about her.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf is going on here ?? Stupid masks and costumes ??? This series is getting bordering on laughable lol :D

Edited to say...oh no that was horrible......poor Mike :(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Mike :( Shawn Ashmore was incredible in that last scene - so believable.

I was reading comments on facebook and I definitely agree with one which said that that's probably the most believable crying scene that's been on TV. It's definitely the best I've ever seen - it's rare that you get that much rawness and actual tears too.

I had read that Shawn was very good in the episode and up until the last 5 mins, I did wonder why they had said that because apart from the small chat with Ryan about how the last year had been, he didn't do anything.
    I thought the Huntsman wasn't as good as it could have been - Lee, who played him, is an amazing actor (Beecher in Oz, anyone?) and so I felt he could have been used more. However, I'm glad Max is OK.
    The new cult....it reminds me of when Sawyer, Kate and Jack were kidnapped by the Others in Lost! However, it makes a change and I agree with some comments I've read that you're kind of liking them now and hating Lily and her group!

A good episode though.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Poor Mike :( Shawn Ashmore was incredible in that last scene - so believable.

I was reading comments on facebook and I definitely agree with one which said that that's probably the most believable crying scene that's been on TV. It's definitely the best I've ever seen - it's rare that you get that much rawness and actual tears too.

He had just realised what show he is in.

The little brat deserved a kicking from Mike & Kev to keep up with their mad rantings, was a bit gutted they didn't also that Emma survived.
    Huntsman, a wanted serial killer, bit of a build up just to be shot down.

Hope that gets Mike back to his serious arse kicking ways next week.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Emma still alive?

Wasn't sure if the cult woman was talking literally or spiritually when she said she was
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Emma still alive?

Wasn't sure if the cult woman was talking literally or spiritually when she said she was

She only bled out for a minutes then passed out. I think she's fine. They just wanted a contribution to the cause.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed Luke still has his teeth:D....but I hope Emma is alive..:o

Another great episode....of this madness.;-)

The new cult was fun, but what of the Lie Detector test, we saw some of it, but did Joe pass.:confused:

And Max had to be caught by someone, {season 1, she would have been died now} but the Boy helping - loved the questioning by Ryan & Mike - tied up at the end.:cool:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I hope that Joe slits all their throats in the night, what a bunch of nutters, make him look sane ;)
  • Options
    GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Ive dropped the series now. I enjoyed series one and thought it should have finsihed there. It should have been a limited run one season series. I came back for season 2 thinking they could perhaps make it work, but for me, it just doesn't work. It gets crazier by the week. This is a perfect example of one show being stretched to the point of absurdity!
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    really another bloody cult........>:(.....OK then :D at this point I seriously expect a major really really high up government group to be behind some of this shiz aswell.

The mike scene at the end should not have worked really but it did thanks to his acting alone he made it a very sad scene :cry:

the FIB (intentional:p) had sniffer dogs and yet still they were absolutely useless again HAHA

its funny when they show them in the FBI HQ place every episode barking out plans yet we know they wont achieve anything just go home guys:D

nice wacky entertainment this show is though im dying to see how wacky it gets after this cult im thinking maybe a whole town next for season 3:D then a country for s4 if it makes it that far ha
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new cult is awful and i hope not too much time is dedicated to this

Still feel my dream of Joe and Ryan uniting to take down another cult could well happen
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Ive dropped the series now. I enjoyed series one and thought it should have finsihed there. It should have been a limited run one season series. I came back for season 2 thinking they could perhaps make it work, but for me, it just doesn't work. It gets crazier by the week. This is a perfect example of one show being stretched to the point of absurdity!
    Which happened every week, in season 1.....for me, it's calmed down a bit from the first, less crazy, but still totally unbelievable, and still - hugely enjoyable.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, so I've just half-struggled through series 1. Enjoyed some of the plotlines (the three psychos in the house, the episode when they were targetting women with Claire's name) but some of the others not so much. (Most of the last episodes actually, it already felt like they were running out of ideas). But I always felt like the show had a lot of potential.

However after watching the first episode of series 2 I'm starting to wonder if there's any point carrying on with it. They've killed off all the interesting characters like Parker, I was genuinely sad that she didn't make it.

Also the "gay" followers Paul and Jacob had a lot of potential as characters, I would've liked their relationship to develop more/ expand their character histories. But no, insipid and annoying Emma kills them. (please tell me she's dead already!)

Now after watching the first ep of series 2 all my emotional investment is gone now Claire's seemingly been killed off. And the rest is same old same old.

So what I'm asking is, honestly, is there any point catching up with series 2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what I'm asking is, honestly, is there any point catching up with series 2?

Just to see how ridiculous it gets.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I hope that Joe slits all their throats in the night, what a bunch of nutters, make him look sane ;)

Yeah but his reactions to the lunacy going on around him are worth watching. I've said it before but I really only watch it for Purefoy.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I only watch The Following to see how much more stupid it can get each week and it never disappoints.Im just suprised that some people on this thread take the show seriously!

Maybe the plan is just heading for an all out war between all the different cults in the show and Ryan caught up in the middle whilst he hunts Joe!
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Emma still alive?

I wondered that as well, and meant he would see her soon as they wold be killing him eventually, but tend to agree that she will be alive literally, lf they wanted to kill her that way they would have slit the wrists the other way(slit going up the arm as apposed to across it), as that way it kills you quicker as the blood loss is a lot more and a lot quicker, plus it is easier to patch up your wrists when you slice across