Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    People whingeing about spoilers when the spoilers are hidden in a spoiler tagged text link.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having to have a Google+ profile or page to use YouTube comments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    lol

also I will add TV impressionists. Why do they always have to do their flippin' voices when introducing themselves on quiz etc. shows. (Alistair McGowan on Pointless, I'm looking at you >:()
    Yes! This is one of mine, to the extent that my fiance laughs if there's an impressionist on anything we watch cos he knows it'll annoy me (the incessant impressions that is, not his laughter.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who press the stop button the bus after it's already been pressed. OK if you have headphones on you may not hear the ding but if you raise your eyeline ever so slightly you can see the lit up sign that says "stopping". It's worse on my second bus to work as it's always the same people on the bus so the same people are pressing the button 2-3 times.

Same as people who press the street crossing button after you've already pressed it. As if I've been standing there without pressing it like a numpty.

(we'll forget the fact that I did actually stand there once for ages before realising I hadn't pressed it :blush:)
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the little arrow to go to first unread post is so fecking small it is potluck whether or not you can click it on ipad
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    The expression 'Single Mother' said in such a way that we are supposed to feel sorry for these unloved, often unemployed women.

It's ridiculous how many times, in programmes that this is mentioned. 'Single mum Sarah.......' even when she is a barrister or something - as though I am supposed to pity her just because she hasn't got a bloke. >:(

'Grandmother' is the same - eg. 'Grandmother waits for x number of hours in A & E'
    Fair enough if she's about 90, but nowadays there are loads of grandmothers in their 40's and 50's.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    'Grandmother' is the same - eg. 'Grandmother waits for x number of hours in A & E'
    Fair enough if she's about 90, but nowadays there are loads of grandmothers in their 40's and 50's.

Or when a grandmother starts up a campaign about issues in her neighbourhood and is referred to as "battling granny"
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People like this in queues. This was while i was in a costa queue....

Costa: "Hello what can i get you?"
    Customer: "erm a mango and passion fruit cooler"
    Costa: "small or large?"
    Customer: "no just normal size"
    Costa: "we are out of medium cups im afraid."
    Customer: "whats the difference in size?"
    Costa: holds up a small and large cup.
    Customer: "im not sure.. Whats the price of them both?"
    Costa: tells price which is up i huge numbers on the wall behind them....
    Customer: dithers and umms for a good few minutes before deciding on the large.

This costa in question is a smallish one in a hospital so by the end of the day you half expect them to be out of something. I always have 3 drinks in mind so if one is sold out i just chose the next, same with size.

It is irritating that they dont display whats out of stock but it helps if you can make quick decisions without holding the queue up.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    People like this in queues. This was while i was in a costa queue....

Costa: "Hello what can i get you?"
    Customer: "erm a mango and passion fruit cooler"
    Costa: "small or large?"
    Customer: "no just normal size"
    Costa: "we are out of medium cups im afraid."
    Customer: "whats the difference in size?"
    Costa: holds up a small and large cup.
    Customer: "im not sure.. Whats the price of them both?"
    Costa: tells price which is up i huge numbers on the wall behind them....
    Customer: dithers and umms for a good few minutes before deciding on the large.

This costa in question is a smallish one in a hospital so by the end of the day you half expect them to be out of something. I always have 3 drinks in mind so if one is sold out i just chose the next, same with size.

It is irritating that they dont display whats out of stock but it helps if you can make quick decisions without holding the queue up.

I wouldn't expect them to be out of anything, if managed properly, they should have offered a large for a medium price, not everyone can read the prices on the board, you should take a chill pill with your next caffeine fix..
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is someone who brushes their teeth in the toilets at work, and another couple of people who do their make up. I don't know why but if I go to the loo and there are people stood literally just two foot away in silence it makes me feel really uncomfortable. The toilets are small and the doors have massive gaps above and below so it's not very private. The people doing make up are totally silent, the toothbrushing not so much but both still hang around for ages and it feels like a library.

I don't understand why people don't do this stuff at home before they get to work. I for one would HATE to do my teeth in the work loos. I guess some people are just very tooth conscious and it's probably my problem rather than theirs.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tradesmen who don't seem to want work!
    The outside of our house is beginning to look a bit shabby, so I'm trying to find someone local to do it for us.
    So far I've phoned five painter/decorators. Only two of them have bothered to get back to me and neither of them has turned up to take a look.
    Is it me? Am I on some kind of blacklist?
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Being ill as a freelancer. Not well today so losing out on £400 >:(
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    -When people beep their car horns at me when I'm walking home.
    - Macs as in my experience they are slow (spinning wheel of death!) and it's always a mission just to print something out with the right proportions.
    -When you are in an empty car park or train/bus and someone decides (of all the places) to park themselves right next to you. Maybe I should take it as a compliment :P
    -Why dress designers don't seem to understand that it is possible for a lady with a fairly big pair of hips to have a fairly SMALL chest. The dresses always have this weird empty space at the chest area as they think if we have an ass and some hips we must be FF in bra size.
    - When I nicely ask my flatmate not to use my plates/cutlery as I have food allergies and he ignores it and puts all his gross spicy food over my plates even though there are spare plates in the cupboard.
    -Smug couples on facebook, and smug couples who come out in droves when its sunny. Just couples (yes I'm a tad bitter).
    - And people who let their gardens/bushes grow right into the narrow pavement so you're constantly ducking and having to walk on the road just to walk somewhere.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Tradesmen who don't seem to want work!
    The outside of our house is beginning to look a bit shabby, so I'm trying to find someone local to do it for us.
    So far I've phoned five painter/decorators. Only two of them have bothered to get back to me and neither of them has turned up to take a look.
    Is it me? Am I on some kind of blacklist?
    Maybe they are too busy working to take on new jobs
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to find the end of the roll of sellotape, or even worse, the loo roll.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    There is someone who brushes their teeth in the toilets at work, and another couple of people who do their make up. I don't know why but if I go to the loo and there are people stood literally just two foot away in silence it makes me feel really uncomfortable. The toilets are small and the doors have massive gaps above and below so it's not very private. The people doing make up are totally silent, the toothbrushing not so much but both still hang around for ages and it feels like a library.

I don't understand why people don't do this stuff at home before they get to work. I for one would HATE to do my teeth in the work loos. I guess some people are just very tooth conscious and it's probably my problem rather than theirs.

My complaint is about public toilets - I always seem to go in as the person who has made a bad stench leaves - and the smell lingers - then as I am washing my hands someone else comes in and gives me a look as though the smell belongs to me.
    Also when I just want a couple of seconds quiet to brush my hair perhaps someone washes their hands and watches me through the mirror - just go away.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irritating customers at work who, if we've run out of a certain branded glass (especially if it's busy and I'm on my own, I don't always have time to keep up with glass washing) who watch me pour the correct drink they've ordered, accept my apology about it being in a different branded glass, listen o me assure them it's the right drink, look at it and then tell me I've poured the wrong thing, because it's not in the glass branded with the right drink.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who speak like Australians when they aren't- raising the pitch of their last word of a sentence as if they are always asking a question.
  • littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its been said many times before but self service tills, especially the one in Tesco this morning which refused to accept my last few coins so I had to pay the remaining 30p by card.

The fact that I burn at the slightest hint of sun.

The screaming teenagers, banging doors and barking dog in our street right now. This is generally such a quiet area, sshhh!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way the BBC spells it "Hercegovina" whilst everybody else calls it "Herzegovina".

PS - I know the locals spell it the first way, but if they're going down the "spell it the way the locals do" route, why aren't they calling it "Bosna i Hercegovina"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Maybe they are too busy working to take on new jobs

All they have to do is tell me. Why promise to call me back or make an appointment to come round and then not bother?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who speak like Australians when they aren't- raising the pitch of their last word of a sentence as if they are always asking a question.

'Upspeak'. It seemed to start with teenagers at 'uni', but now everyone is at it.
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    'Upspeak'. It seemed to start with teenagers at 'uni', but now everyone is at it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_rising_terminal

I first knew it as "Australian question intonation" (AQI) and thought that youngesters were getting it from Aussie soaps and also US teen shows as it's also prevelant on the US West coast.
    Forum Member
    When the DS forum search doesn't work and you know that your search should get a result.

**** it i'll use google instead and the first result is the thread I wanted!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My stupidity and a certain DS poster. The one who talked about his addiction to Haribo sweets.

I was curious enough to buy the one called Starmix. Now I'm addicted. Why did I even read that thread? Stupid.
This discussion has been closed.