Options

Completed Cheers & Frasier sets, Should I watch Wings now?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
In recent months, I've completed (for the first time) the Cheers & Frasier boxsets respectively. I still have withdrawal symptoms now! I thoroughly loved both.

I was just enquiring whether to give Wings a shot?

I have two seasons of Seinfeld to complete - Pure genius!! Jerry replied to me on Twitter last week :)

Comments

• Options
    BowdonBowdon Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are all great series!

I tried to find Wings to buy. But so far been unsuccessful.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on, or was, on Netflix
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wings is on US netflix
    It's an ok show. But very predictable.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Wings is on US netflix
    It's an ok show. But very predictable.

Almost every comedy series from that era now looks kind of old fashioned. At the time Wings was on I actually liked it better than Cheers. So I do recommend Wings to the OP.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you haven't already watched it, try Curb Your Enthusiasm. Different style of comedy but in the same league as Seinfeld and Frasier.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Almost every comedy series from that era now looks kind of old fashioned. At the time Wings was on I actually liked it better than Cheers. So I do recommend Wings to the OP.

The old fashioned part of it doesn't bother me as i am watching sitcoms that are even older than Wings. It's an enjoyable watchable show but found it's too average and as if the actors didn't try hard enough to deliver the comedic lines. The episode where it dealt with one of the characters finding out their son was gay was one of the poorest attempts at a sitcom dealing with homosexuality. I found it offensive, ignorant and just poorly written.

However that is my opinion but wanted to share it. By all means OP, check it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    If you haven't already watched it, try Curb Your Enthusiasm. Different style of comedy but in the same league as Seinfeld and Frasier.

Thanks but I already have the Curb set. Love it!

Was watching the Seinfeld Reunion again today aha.
  • Options
    Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you do go down the Netflix US route,for some reason there missing a couple episodes so have to trawl through an episode list to see which ones ain't on there
  • Options
    albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely give Wings a go. As an earlier poster said some of the season one and season two episodes are a little ropey as like most sitcoms it took time for the writers and actors to develop the characters. I thought the series hit its stride from season three and until the end of season six produced some great comedy up there with Frasier and Cheers. Unfortunately the series fell apart in seasons seven and eight thanks to the departure of one of the original cast and the best writers. The final two seasons had a few okay episodes but most were not that funny at all.