Options

The Purge

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film never really had the budget to be city wide much like the way Judge Dredd was also restricted to a tower block because of it's budget.

The Purge 2 is likely to be more vast, after the success of the first one they are bound to increase it's budget and explore further than just the suburbs.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Just saw Purge 1 and 2. I think I like how they are exploring different places, characters, class backgrounds etc and the impact the purge has on them. We've had quiet middle class suberb in the 1st, poorer lower class areas in the 2nd along with rich buying people to purge and the poor rebelling against it.

Like others have said though, some of the characters aren't compelling enough, and there is still so many avenues to explore in the purge world. Lets hope it gets a couple more sequels and we see a lot more of what can happen.

I'm not sure if they mean all crime is legal that night. if someone robbed a bank they would want the money back surley, if they survived it in the first place.

A lot of the plot and political messages were Hunger Games esq.