Options

Holly Willoughby to present The Voice

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Fearne appeared to be trying to be a tad sophisticated on CIN last night - I wonder if they're going to do a double act. Maybe the Beeb want to create the female version of Ant n Dec . . . .
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marshy54 wrote: »
    Fearne appeared to be trying to be a tad sophisticated on CIN last night - I wonder if they're going to do a double act. Maybe the Beeb want to create the female version of Ant n Dec . . . .

That would be a disaster. Both as annoying as each other and giggling together
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    I think this is a really bad move by the BBC. This is going to be a really big show and was supposed to be different from the X factor. Holly is way too lightweight for this and will become irritating. Dermot is likeable without being irritating. Hollys little girl act will become annoying. Maybe they have a more serious co-host

I disagree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Holly and she is far batter then loads of the other one like her.

I would have LOVED to have been in the room when smuggy-MrITV-Schofield was told!
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MUCH rather have Holly than the utterly talent-free Cotton!
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,084
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    MUCH rather have Holly than the utterly talent-free Cotton!

Yes, but what exactly is Holly's talent?

:)
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but what exactly is Holly's talent?

:)

Big boobs.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,084
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Big boobs.

Ah, say no more;)
  • Options
    OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she hosts on her own- disaster. With a decent cohost- fine.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Who will co-host though? Anything other than John Barrowman and I'm happy.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Holly deserves this job.

She's been fantastic on shows such as This Morning and Dancing On Ice as well as showcasing her great personality on shows like The Xtra Factor and Celebrity Juice.

She's also liked by many regardless of gender and age. Widespread appeal they call it.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strictly is a credible show because the judges are talented and know what they are talking about...and give constructive feedback...as does Brucie...a dancer, a musician, an entertainer etc...

I was expecting The Voice to be in the same mould...have credible judges with a credible host. I don't want to see Kate Thornton, Tess Daly, Holly Willow or the terrible Fearne Cotton anywhere near The Voice. All are talentless, generic and inter-changeable...leave them all at ITV.

The Voice needs to be like Strictly. I don't want it to be The X Factor (which I can't stand) at the BBC. What is the point?
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Big boobs.

...you forgot the penchant for heels. And quite a nice botty too...!:)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Marshy54 wrote: »
    happy tv wrote: »
    That would be a disaster. Both as annoying as each other and giggling together
    After a lot of racking my brains I realised that it's those two who appear in a christmas ad together.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holly willoughby sounds like the noise you make when you fart in the bath
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god she's all over ITV now the BBC as well?!
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I like Holly, and I'm glad it's her and not ... idk, say John Barrowman or Fearne Cotton, but I think I would have preferred someone like Lauren Laverne or Cat Deeley.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting this to be Cat Deeley but Holly is a very good choice in my opinion.
  • Options
    VericaciousVericacious Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the BBC were supposed to spend licence fee money wisely, on distinctive programmes- now we have an apparently extremely expensive, near copycat of an ITV show presented by someone who is synonymous with ITV. What next ? Adverts ?

How far away from its remit can the BBC get ?
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the BBC were supposed to spend licence fee money wisely, on distinctive programmes- now we have an apparently extremely expensive, near copycat of an ITV show presented by someone who is synonymous with ITV. What next ? Adverts ?

How far away from its remit can the BBC get ?

What is the BBC's remit though?

It still includes "entertain" as far as I can remember.

And while everyone has to pay, everyone has to be pleased. So the BBC has to produce everything from Radio 3 to CBBC to Newsnight to BBC3 to Total Wipeout to ...The Voice.

It will be a sad day for Britain when this isnt the case!
  • Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn::yawn::yawn: Yet another vacuous, personality-free sycophant. Oh, but she looks good so that's ok:rolleyes:

Groovesection approves this post! :)
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    :yawn::yawn::yawn: Yet another vacuous, personality-free sycophant. Oh, but she looks good so that's ok:rolleyes:

And she's married to a television producer:rolleyes:

Do you think she would ever have got a job without this influence?

Cannoy abide the airhead, one viewer gone and it's not even started yet
  • Options
    VericaciousVericacious Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »

And while everyone has to pay, everyone has to be pleased. So the BBC has to produce everything from Radio 3 to CBBC to Newsnight to BBC3 to Total Wipeout to ...The Voice.

Good grief! It's not a matter of not providing entertainment and a wide range of programmes- over recent years, I've been arguing for a much greater range of programmes and for more light entertainment, situation comedy and popular returning drama.

Re-read what I put before and get back to me again. The BBC should be providing its own, distinctive entertainment, which doesn't have to be cheap, just cost conscious- value rather than the bottom line.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »

Totally agree!

There's always been a place for entertainment on the BBC, ever since the very beginning - and so there should be, as many license payers want that.

As long as they are not dfavouring entertianment, which they cannot as they have quotas anyway,
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I think Holly deserves this job.

She's been fantastic on shows such as This Morning and Dancing On Ice as well as showcasing her great personality on shows like The Xtra Factor and Celebrity Juice.

She's also liked by many regardless of gender and age. Widespread appeal they call it.

She has always had other people with her on these shows. I don't think she will be able to cut it without a co-host