Options

Didn't like the cheap dig at Alesha

DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
Forum Member
It was very uncomfortable and very NON--STRICTLY. Was shocked that Bruce said such a thing.

Comments

• Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must not have been paying attention at that point. what did he say about Alesha?

I thought his digs at Craig were well timed and quite comical as Craig was being ridiculously harsh for the first night when the contestants were clearly very nervous.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think Bruce was having a dig at the other judges, namely Craig and not aiming it at Alesha per se.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    I must not have been paying attention at that point. what did he say about Alesha?

I thought his digs at Craig were well timed and quite comical as Craig was being ridiculously harsh for the first night when the contestants were clearly very nervous.

"How nice to have a judge who knows what they're talking about" (or words to that effect).

Alesha can't complain, given that she ditched the show for Simon Cowell because she was greedy rather than loyal.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    It was very uncomfortable and very NON--STRICTLY. Was shocked that Bruce said such a thing.

I didn't see it as an Alesha dig, I saw it as a typical Brucie dig towards Craig.... "It's nice to have someone who knows about dancing for once" *glances at Craig*
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see it as an Alesha dig, I saw it as a typical Brucie dig towards Craig.... "It's nice to have someone who knows about dancing for once" *glances at Craig*

I didn't see it as a dig at Alesha, either a dig at Craig or perhaps more likely just a humorous joke about all the other judges which I am sure would not bother them.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I took it as an insult towards Alesha. Bruce is probably still peed off that she ditched the show after it was him who was partly responsible for making her a judge (by fawning over her during her series) - no doubt he put in a good word for her when they were looking to replace Arlene.
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 99% sure it was a typical Brucie gag (for want of a better word) about the rest of the judges. He has said similar things in every series. As far as I am aware, he has a great deal of respect for Alesha and remains on good terms with her, as do the rest of the judges.

She changed jobs, for goodness' sake! Some people still think she should be tried for high treason for abandoning Strictly, but it's worth remembering that she currently presents a programme for CBBC as well as BGT, so it is extremely unlikely that anybody wants to take a pot shot at her - other than members of this forum, that is. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he ment that dig for Alesha but it was in bad taste.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    "It's nice to have someone who knows about dancing for once"

Bruce is in no position to make a dig at Alesha if indeed he did.
    He was her defender-in-chief.
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard it as a dig towards Craig, but I sort of thought it about Alesha too.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Bruce's comment was deliberately ambiguous. So it could be taken either way. Alesha dumped SCD, so they had their little dig.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Alesha dumped SCD, so they had their little dig.

Not nice to be dumped,
    To be dumped not nice.
  • Options
    Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just thought the comment was in defence of Darcey who has been getting quite a lot of stick from people (on forums etc) who think she knows nothing about ballroom/latin dance.

And I find it really tiresome when Bruce has a dig at Craig, whether it's scripted or not. Craig is there to judge and give his critique. His comments are completely valid, even if they are a bit harsh sometimes. I'm sure Craig doesn't actually give a hoot about what Bruce says, and it's all done for effect anyway, but when Bruce says things like "oh don't take any notice of Craig, he's in a bad mood" it's actually very condescending. I wish they'd stop doing all the Craig-as-pantomime-villain stuff, it's got very dull.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think Bruce was having a dig at the other judges, namely Craig and not aiming it at Alesha per se.

Same here
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Not nice to be dumped,
    To be dumped not nice.

Didn't he/she do well? ^^^!

You're my favourite!;)
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    I took it as an insult towards Alesha. Bruce is probably still peed off that she ditched the show after it was him who was partly responsible for making her a judge (by fawning over her during her series) - no doubt he put in a good word for her when they were looking to replace Arlene.

It's not Bruce's show remember? Do you seriously think it is?

The dig was aimed at Craig, who was being OTT.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    It's not Bruce's show remember? Do you seriously think it is?

The dig was aimed at Craig, who was being OTT.

The comment was made before anyone had danced? If was meant to be directed at Craig then it would have been made more obvious - nobody laughed at the comment.
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Know It Was Ment To Be A Joke, But It Was Very Disrespectful Both To The Other Judges There,and Espically To Alesha Who Has Left The Show.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce would be better looking at himself he was shocking last night.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Know It Was Ment To Be A Joke, But It Was Very Disrespectful Both To The Other Judges There,and Espically To Alesha Who Has Left The Show.

It was not disrespectful at all in my opinion. It was just - dare I use the awful word - banter, a jokey dig at Craig and nothing to do with Alesha. She's history as far as Strictly is concerned.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,788
    Forum Member

That is how I saw it too.;)

I never even thought about Aleesha!
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure it was a typical Brucie gag (for want of a better word) about the rest of the judges. He has said similar things in every series. As far as I am aware, he has a great deal of respect for Alesha and remains on good terms with her, as do the rest of the judges.

She changed jobs, for goodness' sake! Some people still think she should be tried for high treason for abandoning Strictly, but it's worth remembering that she currently presents a programme for CBBC as well as BGT, so it is extremely unlikely that anybody wants to take a pot shot at her - other than members of this forum, that is. :rolleyes:

<This.

In particular the BIB.
    Sorry didn't realise that when she signed the contract for Strictly that it was in blood and for life?!

Sure a lot on here have decided to stay in their jobs forever even if another offer was given to them and with more money?!
    Why would she possible want to make plenty of money in order to have a lifestyle she wants?!
    Lord the greedy mare?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a dig at Alesha but might have been Craig, although when Brucie said it the show hadnt even proper started and Craig hadnt started to be mean so maybe it wasnt aimed at him.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a dig at them all, surely?
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not disrespectful.

Just a tired, rubbish joke.