Fave Kylie Minogue Studio album?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been listening to her a lot since the Commonwealth Games performance. So many great studio albums.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway I think I like all 12 in different ways (Kiss Me Once is my least fave of all 12)

My fave right now is definetly Aphrodite. I think that album just had such a great sound with Stuart price producing it they were a winning formula. All the Lovers could possibly be my all time fave Kylie single. Closer would have been a really interesting single choice for Aphrodite too and shown a different side to its perfection.

I also really love X & Kylie Minogue right now too.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X got my vote
    I find every album she did before Light years embarassing to listen to. They are not well produced, aged rather badly and it sounds like pure cheese and cringe music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X got my vote
    I find every album she did before Light years embarassing to listen to. They are not well produced, aged rather badly and it sounds like pure cheese and cringe music.

I agree with that for the first four albums but KM 1994 & IP are both imo very well produced and not at all cheesey or cringey.

Then again what is wrong with a bit of cheese anyway? I love Kylie's early albums in their own way. :cool:
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fever or Aphrodite are probably my favourites.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I thought Fever but she has done a couple of good albums :cool:
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even count her PWL albums I just cannot abide them save for the singles my top 5.

Light Years
    Impossible Princess
    Kylie Minogue 94
    X
    Fever
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Impossible Princess is my fav Kylie album, which is weird as the singles from that album are nowhere near my fav Kylie singles. I also like Fever, Aphrodite and Rhythm Of Love.

I always thought Kylie was more if a singles act but with age and radio now being against her she needs to make better albums Kiss Me Once is poor.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I voted for Body Language. A very underrated album which contains some really brilliant tracks. Loving Days, Still Standing, Sweet Music and one of her best singles - Red Blooded Women.

Impossible Princess is a very close second along with X and Light Years

I never really cared much for KM94, but i've recently been listening to a lot of Kylie and I have to admit I have really fallen in love with this album. I'm annoyed that I have ignored it for so many years :o. I only really cared for the singles and the gorgeous Dangerous Game, but at the moment i'm loving Falling and Where Has The Love Gone?.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    X closely followed by light years , should have voted light years as it has no votes and is being beaten by kiss me once
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Fever for me. Easily my favourite Kylie album and era.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Aphrodite!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impossible Princess or X
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for Body Language.
    The tracks are so catchy; for example Slow is 11 years old, yet doesn't sound dated and I think it would still have performed well in the charts if it had been released now.
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Kiss Me Once being her poorest album.
    There's nothing that really stands out on there for me.

I also think Into the Blue was a bad choice for the lead single; not a bad song, but not as good as Spinning Around, Can't Get You Out of My Head, Slow or All the Lovers.

What is actually happening with Kiss Me Once?
    Is I Was Gonna Cancel the last release?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    My fave albums are:

Aphrodite (flawless production, sound and just great pop songs that work as an album) 8.5/10
    Fever 8/10
    Body Language 7/10
    Impossible Princess (great songs - great album flow and consistency - some poor sound production - I would love a re- recorded version of this album) 7/10
    Light Years 7/10
    X 6.5/10 (should have been the pinnacle of her career and as a package with unreleased tracks this album could have been amazing but sadly due to some bad choices it was a lacking cohesion as an album)
    Kylie 6.5/10 just a classic saw pop album - great melodies
    Kiss Me Once 6/10
  • Bob_AjobBob_Ajob Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Body Languge for me. I do also have Fever, X, Best of.., Kylie Remixed, Aphrodite and her Abbey Road Sessions (but not listened to that yet)
    My fave single release is Confide In Me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting results.

I wonder if those who are voting Kiss Me Once genuinely like it the best or just picked it because its fresh in their ears atm
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I agree with that for the first four albums but KM 1994 & IP are both imo very well produced and not at all cheesey or cringey.

Then again what is wrong with a bit of cheese anyway? I love Kylie's early albums in their own way. :cool:

There is nothing wrong with a bit of cheese but there is cheesey and then there is cringey and embarassing. They are just such shocking records to hear. She has come along way from her hammy acting in neighbors, to locomotion, to her PWL days and to then the giving us pop classics like Can't get you out of my head and continually giving us such mind blowing tours and being one of the best performers in the business today.

I don't think Kiss me once is that bad. It's a damn sight better than Aphrodite which for me was all style over substance where as Kiss me once gives me the "less is more" vibe.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Body Language
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see a lot of love for Body Language.

It's an album I've grown to love but like X falls short of true greatness. It's inconsistent for me great sounds thematically good. Adore chocolate though.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't believe it took 48 votes before someone (me!) voted for RIL! although I have to say it was a close call between that and KM94. No other album comes close to those two IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to decide between light years and fever

I chose fever
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chose Light Years, some fabulous songs on there, with Fever and Aphrodite coming a close second and third.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I'm suprised Aphrodite is winning :o. I loved it at the time, but listening back I find it a bit dated to be honest. I also find it a bit too manufactured - i.e. it wasn't created with much love, just with the purpose of being a hit. It does contain two of her best singles though - All the Lovers and Get Outta My Way - although I don't even love GOMW as much as I used to. All in all though I think it's definitely her weakest album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I'm suprised Aphrodite is winning :o. I loved it at the time, but listening back I find it a bit dated to be honest. I also find it a bit too manufactured - i.e. it wasn't created with much love, just with the purpose of being a hit. It does contain two of her best singles though - All the Lovers and Get Outta My Way - although I don't even love GOMW as much as I used to. All in all though I think it's definitely her weakest album.

Dated? I think the opposite Stuart Price's production on that album still sounds fresh to me and I think All the Lovers could be released tomorrow and sound current and amazing.

How do you know this album wasn't created with much love? I think she had a huge connection to this album way more so than your fave Body Language that's for sure (if anything that was an album created with the purpose of being a hit for the US market but it backfired).

That is just our own opinions though as none of us truly know what she was thinking when she recorded any of her albums.