Options

A fully functioning Windows 8.1 computer for £200

marlmanmarlman Posts: 661
Forum Member
✭✭
A few months back I thought I needed a Windows 8 tablet so I bought a Toshiba Encore 7" tablet.

.http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/889_7505_70535_54_xx/xx-criteria.html

Its a great little bit of kit but I found it too small especially when using the desktop, so it just started to gather dust on my desk.

I wanted to use my big screen TV downstairs as a extra computer screen. So I bought a mini hdmi cable from Ebay for £3 and a Bluetooth mouse for £20 and hooked it all up to my TV. For any typing I use the onscreen keyboard.

It's perfect for what I want downstairs for surfing the web and emails. Storage might me a problem for some people but it connects to my NAS upstairs so I am able to watch my films and TV shows with no problems also all my music and photos as well.

Obviously it's no good for gaming but if you just want an extra computer for everyday use its a great little setup and you can just unplug it and take it out if you need to.

Comments

• Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    New W8.1 laptops coming onto the market at really cheap pricepoints to compete with chromebooks....
    Like THIS from Lenovo....