Options

Final fantasy 7 coming to PS4 ANNOUNCED AT E3??

Comments

• Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be disappointed if they went turn based but I'll keep hoping for action.

Yeh a choice would be nice but I can't imagine they'd want ll that work to implement two systems.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be honest, I'll be absolutely gutted if it isn't turn based.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fair question.

And one I'm not sure on how to answer. Basically I'm imagining Advent Children combat for VII and I love the thought of it. Im assuming you guys have seen it. Think of the battle in Midgar at the end of it. That's what I'm imagining the battles will be like in VII.

Advent Children: Cloud v Sephiroth
    http://youtu.be/WyPlwtBTXpk

Ah, thanks for the youtube link. It'd been a long time since I'd watched Advent Children. It's hard to imagine how they'd implement that within a game unless they did a QTE?? :o

But as I said I've not played Final Fantasy since 10 so I don't know how the battles have changed quite honestly.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for the youtube link. It'd been a long time since I'd watched Advent Children. It's hard to imagine how they'd implement that within a game unless they did a QTE?? :o

But as I said I've not played Final Fantasy since 10 so I don't know how the battles have changed quite honestly.

Battle systems are hard to explain. 12 and 13 had kind of dynamic turn based battles. 12 had a system where you had preset actions, like "If Allies health drops below 50%, use Hi Potion" or "Attack enemy with lowest HP first". The better you were at setting these commands the less you had to do in battle. But you could override them at any point.

13 is really confusing. There was a thing called Paradigm Shifts, where you kind of choose a job for each character. You had to jump from Heler mode to Attacker to Support. It was nonsense.

11 and 14 are online so they have MMO type combat.

15 is going full action. There's loads of trailers an YouTube. I think it looks fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battle systems are hard to explain. 12 and 13 had kind of dynamic turn based battles. 12 had a system where you had preset actions, like "If Allies health drops below 50%, use Hi Potion" or "Attack enemy with lowest HP first". The better you were at setting these commands the less you had to do in battle. But you could override them at any point.

13 is really confusing. There was a thing called Paradigm Shifts, where you kind of choose a job for each character. You had to jump from Heler mode to Attacker to Support. It was nonsense.

15 is going full action. There's loads of trailers an YouTube. I think it looks fantastic.

Hmm! Looks like I'll keep a close eye on 15 then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm! Looks like I'll keep a close eye on 15 then!

Do. It looks stunning.

Final Fantasy Type-0 was released a couple of months ago and there was a demo for XV included in the launch copies. You may still be able to find one if you keep an eye out.
  • Options
    Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with full action battle sequences myself, so long as you can level up whilst doing them, and they are not restricted so as to prevent over-grinding. I'm getting on in my years (43 now!!) so can't be doing with under levelled boss battles any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do. It looks stunning.

Final Fantasy Type-0 was released a couple of months ago and there was a demo for XV included in the launch copies. You may still be able to find one if you keep an eye out.

Just watched AngryJoe play some of it. Gameplay looks beautiful. There's no interruptions between fights! That's new for me! If this is any indicator of what they'll do with FF7 then I'll be watching with interest on how it's received!
  • Options
    Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    The FFVII remake should not be turn based I think.

Its not just a game for the fans but for modern gamers too.

For a lot of people this is a brand new game. I do think theres no point remaking it if its just a graphical overhaul. Its not good enough.

Its also coming off the back of FFXV with its action combat and extremely ambitious scope.

An FFVII remake that looks new gen but plays like its 1997 would be a disappointment.

But they are rereleasing the original on the ps4 as well as ios. I think this means that the remake will be a new experience overall.
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the turn based combat system but agree that it needs to be updated for the remake.

I only ever played it with the 'Active' setting and battle speed turned up to maximum anyway.

And if anyone thinks they'll mess with the materia system, they won't. It's a huge part of the story and it wouldn't make sense to remove it or even update it.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. KotR is painfully long. Especially when you double summon it and then mime and then mime ....... And then mime.

Sephirophs special limit break was really, really annoying. Especially as it seemed like he absolutely spammed it to death! It's been a while since I played it but it seemed like you could cook Christmas dinner in the time it took.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

paradigm shift was a brilliant tactical addition to the series and the combat system looks a million times better than what 15 is showcasing.

will this ff7 be a ps4 exclusive or a timed exclusive?
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    paradigm shift was a brilliant tactical addition to the series and the combat system looks a million times better than what 15 is showcasing.

I second that, I also enjoyed paradigm shift in FF13. Also, I am a little worried that FF15 will be too fast for my taste because I am a little clumsy with playing when pushing many buttons fast. But I will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe it's finally happening :D

I'm only hoping for a few things
    - Updated visuals (this is a given)
    - All original game content, including materia and side quests
    - Brand new side quests and materia, why bother to redo everything and not include new things, a monster arena side quest (like X would be great), maybe parts where you play as Zack, even monster hunter sides quests could work ( A bounty on the Midgar Zolom for example)
    - A choice in battle system, a lot of people will want turn based and a lot of people will want a heavy action focus, best solution let people choose at the start of the game
    -An open world from much earlier in the game, sure Midgar is basically to get to used to the game but then you spend a large portion until you get the airship just going from A to B will a small amount of exploring

And perhaps most importantly

- The option to skip cloud's story in Kalm, god that gets annoying on repeat playthrough especially when you are aware of the revelations later in the game
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to disagree the Paradigm System was a great idea on paper only, in practise it is annoying

for the most part use Libra a few times per enemy find out there weaknesses, press auto attack a few times and win

Sure you had to do a few switches in boss fights but that is probably because they knew everyone would power level and auto battle through the game, so they literally cap how much you can grind in a final fantasy game to compensate for the system

Can you imagine in Final Fantasy VII trying to power level before any boss and the game just stops you? can you imagine not being able to get Fire/Ice/Bolt 2/3 until a certain point?
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big questions:

Will Cloud still be able to call Aerith the Slum Drunk, accidentally partake in a gay orgy, get picked as Corneo's date, ride a Dolphin and go on a date with Barrett?

Will Cid still light a cigarette after every battle or will he have switched to e-cigs?

Will Tifa's physiologically still defy the laws of physics?
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, I must ask why you'd want a change from turn based? I'm intrigued! :p

Personally I like the turn based combat but just make it a little more modern like how Child of Light or Ni No Kuni does it.

Full realtime action combat wouldn't be the way to go IMO as it removes the strategy element that made the original so great.

But like everyone else I am very excited about this, been waiting for a remake ever since they did the video when showing off the PS3.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this a ps4 exclusive or timed anyone know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this a ps4 exclusive or timed anyone know?

Coming first to PS4. After that I imagine Xbox and PC will get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    - Brand new side quests and materia, why bother to redo everything and not include new things, a monster arena side quest (like X would be great), maybe parts where you play as Zack, even monster hunter sides quests could work ( A bounty on the Midgar Zolom for example)

I said earlier I wasn't fussed if didn't add more to the game but I like the idea of playing as Zack. Maybe add some Crisis Core into the mix :)
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Chocobo Breeding expanded a bit so it's not so grindtastic (and virtually impossible to do in less than a few hours without the w-item materia glitch.)

In fact, I hope the w-item glitch stays but I know it won't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    I'd like to see Chocobo Breeding expanded a bit so it's not so grindtastic (and virtually impossible to do in less than a few hours without the w-item materia glitch.)

In fact, I hope the w-item glitch stays but I know it won't.

I never minded the chocobo breeding once you knew what nuts to get, where to get the great / wonderful ones and how many fights you need to do so your baby chocobo will grow up. Still can take a couple of hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

Nomura also shared some new information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirming that it won't just be a carbon copy of the original release with spruced up visuals.
    In an interview with Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), he said it "won’t be a simple remake," noting that "even if we were only making the graphics prettier for a next-generation machine, I don’t think it would exceed the original version."

Some interesting tidbits there.
  • Options
    Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Hes right. It should not be a carbon copy of the original.

Vii is my favourite game but I would like to see it fully realised with a modern vision.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming first to PS4. After that I imagine Xbox and PC will get it.
    I don't see an Xbox release for this in Japan though, at the current rate it will take about 4 years for the XB1 to reach the PS4s opening weekend sales figure.

I hope FF7 Remake goes ActionRPG otherwise I won't be playing it.