CHN4 HD On FreeSat CHN 126 Now

2»

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I have deleted quite a bit of trash channels - so I will wait to tommorow and will check then to see what the housekeeper brought :)

Repessac can you have a look at the CH4 SD epg, does it now have the HD alternative links ? If so what happens if you try and select HD ?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Repessac can you have a look at the CH4 SD epg, does it now have the HD alternative links ? If so what happens if you try and select HD ?

Tried two progs - News and SuperSize me on C4 SD - set watch - Not offered HD.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    On 0.15 firmware I was offered a choice of HD or SD when setting up some Channel 4 HD timers for this evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Just turned my humax on and it told me it had new channels and scanned channel 4 HD right away. I'm on 1.13 and it picks up everything on the EPG for me, even the ten commandments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    On 0.15 firmware I was offered a choice of HD or SD when setting up some Channel 4 HD timers for this evening.

Hi were you on channel 126 when it offered a choice of HD or SD? Or were you on the normal SD channel when it gave you this choice?
    Forum Member
    On 126.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Had you done a freesat tune?
    Forum Member
    Yes. I did a manual tune yesterday morning.

I still have Channel 4 HD tuned in on my non-Freesat channels. Is this likely to cause a problem? The reason I ask is that for the first time in months I had a spontaneous reboot yesterday evening while watching a recording of a film from ITV1 HD while tuned into Channel 4 HD on the Freesat Channel List but with no active recordings. I have since power-cycled the Foxsat just as a precautionary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Tried two progs - News and SuperSize me on C4 SD - set watch - Not offered HD.

Houskeeping has delivered. All present and correct.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I did a manual tune yesterday morning.

I still have Channel 4 HD tuned in on my non-Freesat channels. Is this likely to cause a problem? The reason I ask is that for the first time in months I had a spontaneous reboot yesterday evening while watching a recording of a film from ITV1 HD while tuned into Channel 4 HD on the Freesat Channel List but with no active recordings. I have since power-cycled the Foxsat just as a precautionary.

Interesting - recheck today and see if housekeeping have done anything.
    Forum Member
    I have already checked today and Channel 4 HD is still there on Freesat (as well as on non-Freesat). What were you thinking may happen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have already checked today and Channel 4 HD is still there on Freesat (as well as on non-Freesat). What were you thinking may happen?

Just curious to see if housekeeping had any effect.
  • BadvokBadvok Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question: Does anyone know what the little blue square with a light blue plus sign means on some Ch4 programs in the guide? I haven't noticed this on any other listings before.
    (TBH I don't watch Ch4 much so this might not be something new.)
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badvok wrote: »
    Quick question: Does anyone know what the little blue square with a light blue plus sign means on some Ch4 programs in the guide? I haven't noticed this on any other listings before.
    (TBH I don't watch Ch4 much so this might not be something new.)

I think it indicates the prescence of recommended crid codes which link to similar content you might like to watch.
    Forum Member
    Which programme was that on? Brothers and Sisters? Not working for me on Come Dine With Me which is listed in the Radio Times as HD. Anyone know which HD programmes today should have DD5.1 audio?
    At last found an HD programme with DD5.1: Brothers and Sisters. So got that box ticked now and can delete Glee from the Schedule. :)
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last found an HD programme with DD5.1: Brothers and Sisters. So got that box ticked now and can delete Glee from the Schedule. :)

Are you recording a programme you wouldn't normally watch just for 5.1?
    Forum Member
    Only to test that if Channel 4 HD is broadcasting DD5.1 that my AV amp can recognise it. I have not actually been settling back to watch these cruddy programmes. Now, I wonder if Time Team is in surround sound ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    On my Humax Foxsat HDR it shows the signal strength and quality on C4HD as noticeably lower than on all the other channels.
    Edit: Just found answer elswhere. Sorry for posting this.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only to test that if Channel 4 HD is broadcasting DD5.1 that my AV amp can recognise it. I have not actually been settling back to watch these cruddy programmes. Now, I wonder if Time Team is in surround sound ...

Don't think it is. Only films and US acquisitions have had DD5.1.
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »

Perhaps I'll grow up before I get to retirement age. :D

.))

I am in a position to advise you that this just does not happen.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see some if not all programs have the Enc / protected status :(

Also still no guide data for this channel on my wonderful Samsung box so I can only set it to record something on it the next few hours. Bring back the VCR :)

Automan.