TiVo Box installation help

gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
Forum Member
Am seriously considering moving from the Vx to TiVo but I am concerned about the installation. Am I right that the TiVo has its own broadband connection and if so does this come as a branch off of my existing broadband cable or as an entirely new broadband cable run from the cable point on the wall (so two independent feeds).

I ask this because my broadband cable is run under the floorboards and there is nowhere to run a new cable from the point on the wall to where the TiVo box would be placed without having the floor boards up again. Can anyone help? Thank you

Comments

• womblerwombler Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am seriously considering moving from the Vx to TiVo but I am concerned about the installation. Am I right that the TiVo has its own broadband connection and if so does this come as a branch off of my existing broadband cable or as an entirely new broadband cable run from the cable point on the wall (so two independent feeds).

I ask this because my broadband cable is run under the floorboards and there is nowhere to run a new cable from the point on the wall to where the TiVo box would be placed without having the floor boards up again. Can anyone help? Thank you

The Tivo Broadband connection is delivered via the TV cable that will go into the back of the box.

So, the same cable that exists for your V+ will be used. No atdditional ones are needed unless you keep the V+ box as well
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much - was concerned that they'd be running another cable from the input box on the wall and I'd have to have the floor up! To hear they can use the existing connections from my V+ HD box and not have to add any others means that TiVo can come to my house!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the new cable tv boxes are just cable modems with a video card stuck on it. When you watch TV you simply choose a video stream to watch - just like on www.youtube.com. The "TV" connection is actually just a broadband connection to VM.