Help connectine iPod to Ford Fiesta

Hi, can anyone help me, I have a 2004 Ford Fiesta Zetec, it has a single CD player (not multichanger) factory stereo. I currently link my iPod to it using an FM transmitter, but...its rubbish, i keep having to switch fequencies, one that works for a few weeks will suddenly stop working. I need to find another way to play my iPod through the stereo. I have read about using the AUX input or using the input where the CD multichanger would have been but i don't know if i have either of these connections?

Does anyone know if i would have on my car or anyone know how i can find out?

thanks, any help appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, can anyone help me, I have a 2004 Ford Fiesta Zetec, it has a single CD player (not multichanger) factory stereo. I currently link my iPod to it using an FM transmitter, but...its rubbish, i keep having to switch fequencies, one that works for a few weeks will suddenly stop working. I need to find another way to play my iPod through the stereo. I have read about using the AUX input or using the input where the CD multichanger would have been but i don't know if i have either of these connections?

Does anyone know if i would have on my car or anyone know how i can find out?

thanks, any help appreciated

You always listen to your music. Thought it worked?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member

it does, mostly, just the reception keeps going and it crackles and there is a high pitched sound.

why you no emailed me back?
    Forum Member

it does, mostly, just the reception keeps going and it crackles and there is a high pitched sound.

why you no emailed me back?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You typed that twice!
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be better off with a fiesta owners club forum. They're likely to have people who've done this.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ripped the whole dashboard out, installed a sat-nav panel to put in a new stereo, with DAB and Aux-in in my 05 Fiesta. That's maybe a tad extreme though.

From what I recall if it's the stereo in 3 parts (well, not really but the casing of the dash covers in between) then aux in is not possible. There is http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/ubbthreads.php , although about the sporty version much of it may be relevant to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Some of the new model fiestas have "aux in" built in but not the earlier models. Fiesta Freedom has this feature built in- I think this model was releaseed ion 2006. Its pretty cool.
    I'm not suggesting you buy a new car just to get good mp3 connection though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which stereo do you have? This or this?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think because its a 2004 it'd have the first one? I'm sure the second style was only on the older ones, Like MK1 Focus.
    Forum Member
    Hi

Mine isnt like either of those, it is like this:

http://www.fitaudio.com/storedimages/ford_fiesta_new/headunit1.jpg

only in black not silver.

thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not familiar with that stereo. Does it have a model number on at all?

If you want to keep it, your only option would be this:
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=VFOX001
    Which connects to the CD Changer input, and gives you an aux-in. I'm not sure whether it'll work with yours, though.

You could always replace the headunit with an aftermarket one, but on the Fiesta Mk6 that involves either cutting out those dividers on the dash, or completely replacing it.
    Forum Member
    it does, its a 4500 RDS (?!)

i have seen those before I am tempted by the connect2 one, only it is £100 and also need to find out if my stereo had quadlock connections or not as they have 2 different versions and the swap over is 2003/2004 (typical as my car is late 2003!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Quadlock connectors are only on these, I think.

Can you get to the back of yours? You should be able to tell.
    Forum Member
    Pingu wrote: »
    The Quadlock connectors are only on these, I think.

Can you get to the back of yours? You should be able to tell.

thats a picture of a stereo?

thanks for your help so far, i think I am going to have to take the steroe out and have a look
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - only those stereos have the Quadlock connector.