The most creative songs ever are...?

13»

Comments

• dawndavenportdawndavenport Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    How are they 'overrated'? People just use that term when they dislike an artist who happens to be popular with critics. Also, Girls Aloud are a pop band, so why compare them to other artists who are nothing like them? I think it's just snobbery by people who think they aren't 'credible' just because they are a manufactured pop group, ignoring the actual music.

I'm not saying everyone should love Biology, but if GA happened to write and produce their own songs, the 'real music' lovers would love them. Yet if someone dared to criticise any of the 'credible' artists such as the ones you mentioned, we'd probably get shouted down as an idiot who knows nothing about music.

Oh and big thumbs-up for stereotyping GA fans. Well done you.

That whole arguement would be a lot more worth if you hadnt completely ignored what id said in the first place. I love pop music - love it! I dont understand the appeal of GA at all and never have, its got nothing to do with my tastes or being credible, so dont utter such tosh in future.

Saying that, lets not pretend that GA can compare to any of the artists I mentioned. Theres a reason why some artists are influencial and some are left to the discos and gaybars. Its not stereotyping, its being honest about their market. I hear GA all the time in gay bars and clothing shops but never anywhere else.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (How many guitar techniques did this song alone pioneer?!)

Van Halen - Eruption (Birth of the modern metal guitar sound)

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (In all probability, the first true heavy-metal song ever recorded)

Queen - Stone Cold Crazy (The blueprint for thrash metal)

Eminem - Stan (Lyrically masterful storytelling)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    I agree about ABBA, for a 'pop' band they were very creative, key changes and tempo shifts all over the place. :)

I love them (and I'm only 20 but I was introduced to them when I was 6 and was hooked after that!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    You and I were seperated at birth! You have wonderful taste.

Only the best :cool:
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmphmac wrote: »
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Four part harmony, need I say more? :D

erm... is that sacrasm? four part hamonies had been done hundereds of times before...better too...
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    It's a fine line between creative and drug-addled bollocks.
  • dan44762000dan44762000 Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    easy one for me this.
    bohemian rhapsody by queen.....THE most creative song ever. im my humble opinion.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One from the 60s is Mary Hopkin with Those Were the Days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVhB0jGP7I
    One from the 70s is Alan Price with Jarrow Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlMjSESoz9A
    Both have so many different bits but these are all so well put together