Options

No sympathy for Tyrone

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
Tommy and Tina are trying to help him and he is treating them like dirt and I used to feel sorry for him but now I've lost all respect.

Comments

• Options
    ToffeeDebsToffeeDebs Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Arn't you both lovely people, NOT - no-one deserves that EVER! He loves Kirsty, inspite of what she's done, then there's their baby
  • Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it happens commonly in abusive relationships. The abuser (in this case, Kirsty) will pit the victim (in this case, Tyrone) off against people who'd otherwise help them out of an abusive relationship. It's a common alienation tactic, which results in the abuser having more control over their victim; by the time the victim realises things aren't going to change, they've destroyed the relationships that would have otherwise helped them out of the situation.

It's frustrating, but the abuser convinces the victim they're better off without friends "like that" (eg, the REAL friends). Seen it happen too many times.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    In a way they're going down a similar route to the Shelley storyline.

Everyone warned Shelley against Charlie but she wouldn't hear anything against him and ended up isolated which is what Kirsty's now doing to Tyrone.

Kirsty's wanted Tyrone all to herself for lord knows how long and now it seems she has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are suppose to feel sorry for victims in these storylines not hate them. At the minute I can't stand Tyrone.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I feel bad for him in the sense that it has to be especially humiliating for a male victim of domestic violence and he feels obligated to stay with Kirsty since she's having his baby. However, Alan's acting doesn't help matters and doesn't leave me feeling as much sympathy as I should.

The storyline reminds me of Heston's on Doctors where Kevin was trying to help him and he punished Kevin for it. Owen Brenman's performance on Doctors was a lot more convincing however than Alan Halsall's though.

Tyrone being isolated by his friends is, however, a realstic situation for abuse victims and I think it make sense that he wants to be a father so badly that he would behave that way toward Tina and Tommy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyrone's hoping she'll change.

Most likely he will eventually realise she won't and wake up to it.

Unless they're going to dramatically change Kirstys character.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for him as Kirstie is such an evil thing.

How come we never hear or see anything of Kirstie's family? Is she supposed to have one? This should really be under SOR thread but, honestly, a new baby on the way and no contact from any relatives?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »
    We are suppose to feel sorry for victims in these storylines not hate them. At the minute I can't stand Tyrone.

There's no universal law that says every victim has to be adored at all times.

Hell, being abused can make you come across as a really shitty person...
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Dino M wrote: »
    I am the same, he used to be lovable Tyrone, now he is just a ****.

He deserves all he gets, so the more evil Kirsty beats him, the better.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that because no one deserves abuse like that.
  • Options
    ToffeeDebsToffeeDebs Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for him as Kirstie is such an evil thing.

How come we never hear or see anything of Kirstie's family? Is she supposed to have one? This should really be under SOR thread but, honestly, a new baby on the way and no contact from any relatives?:rolleyes:
    Her mum & dad were in it briefly, when Tyrone threw her a surprize birthday party. I think her mum's coming again, it showed why she's the way she is, her dad's exactly the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    There's no universal law that says every victim has to be adored at all times.

Hell, being abused can make you come across as a really shitty person...

Your right look at the Shelly and Charlie story he completely changed her personallity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »
    Your right look at the Shelly and Charlie story he completely changed her personallity.

It happens a lot. Abusers change the way their victims think (emotional and psychological abuse) and this usually starts LONG before the physical abuse.

It's like someone takes your reality, and remoulds it completely, so that enemies become friends, vice versa, and you don't know whether you're coming or going.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I do feel sorry for him but I hate how he is treating Tina and in particular Tommy.

It is realistic though, corrode are doing it infuriatingly well
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it happens commonly in abusive relationships. The abuser (in this case, Kirsty) will pit the victim (in this case, Tyrone) off against people who'd otherwise help them out of an abusive relationship. It's a common alienation tactic, which results in the abuser having more control over their victim; by the time the victim realises things aren't going to change, they've destroyed the relationships that would have otherwise helped them out of the situation.

It's frustrating, but the abuser convinces the victim they're better off without friends "like that" (eg, the REAL friends). Seen it happen too many times.

Good post, well said. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand female-on-male abuse. Tyrone could easily overpower Kirsty...it's totally pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some men have been brought up to believe it's wrong to hit a woman which is why they don't fight back. Also the fact she's carrying his baby.

I do feel sorry for Tyrone but don't like the way he's treating Tommy and Tina. He probably can't even see that Kirsty isolating him from Tommy and Tina is a form of abuse.

I think Tyrone should get out of the relationship asap and file for custody of the child. As Kirsty's abusive he'd surely have better chance of getting custody.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I still don't understand female-on-male abuse. Tyrone could easily overpower Kirsty...it's totally pathetic.

Because some men aren't violent nor want to hit back, and they end up being accused as being violent towards women. This happened a few weeks ago when Deirdre suspected Tyrone of being the abuser when he pushed Kirsty away and she hit her head.

With comments like that its no wonder people don't take men getting abused seriously enough, and men abused hesitate about telling someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really.

If you bear in mind that men are told it's wrong to hit women, then they're more likely to avoid defending themselves. I don't think I've ever seen Tyrone raise a hand to anyone, he's not going to start now. It'd make him the scum of the earth.

Add to that, the element of shame that abuse victims live with. Men have the added "what? you got hit by a woman?" crap to deal with.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said
    i still feel sorry for tyrone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    Some men have been brought up to believe it's wrong to hit a woman which is why they don't fight back. Also the fact she's carrying his baby.

I do feel sorry for Tyrone but don't like the way he's treating Tommy and Tina. He probably can't even see that Kirsty isolating him from Tommy and Tina is a form of abuse.

I think Tyrone should get out of the relationship asap and file for custody of the child. As Kirsty's abusive he'd surely have better chance of getting custody.

BIB: I'd hope so, but sadly, I've seen convicted sex offenders get access, at least, and at least one abuser retain custody. The laws re parental responsibility are screwed, and routinely allow abusers to continue their abuse, either of former partners, or by relocating the abuse to the child. :(
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still feel sorry for him. Kirsty is carrying his child, ty has wanted to be a dad for ages so he feels obliged to stand by her. I dislike the way he's treating Tommy and Tina, they are only trying to help. It felt uncomfortable watching it tonight, with Kirsty flipping from nice to nasty, Ty doing his best.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

I don't think that is quite fair since most people would blame Tyrone for that even though she started it. Even if he just restrained her, some people might blame him, especially with her being pregnant.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I do feel sorry for him, but the way he is treating Tommy and Tina lessens these empathetic feelings. It does seem really realistic, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIB: I'd hope so, but sadly, I've seen convicted sex offenders get access, at least, and at least one abuser retain custody. The laws re parental responsibility are screwed, and routinely allow abusers to continue their abuse, either of former partners, or by relocating the abuse to the child. :(

That's complete madness.

Some of the laws in this country are insane.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because some men aren't violent nor want to hit back, and they end up being accused as being violent towards women. This happened a few weeks ago when Deirdre suspected Tyrone of being the abuser when he pushed Kirsty away and she hit her head.

With comments like that its no wonder people don't take men getting abused seriously enough, and men abused hesitate about telling someone.
    Not really.

If you bear in mind that men are told it's wrong to hit women, then they're more likely to avoid defending themselves. I don't think I've ever seen Tyrone raise a hand to anyone, he's not going to start now. It'd make him the scum of the earth.

Add to that, the element of shame that abuse victims live with. Men have the added "what? you got hit by a woman?" crap to deal with.

He doesn't need to hit her, he simply needs to restrain her. If he does it enough and she learns that she can't push him around, she wouldn't do it.