Have you ever had or do you ever have a crush on someone you hardly know?

November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
Forum Member
This is happening to me right now. There's this girl in work I usually see on my break, she always says hello but I don't actually know her. I only know her on a first name basis. I believe she is in a relationship and has a kid so I don't have an ice cube's chance in hell, and even if I did I sincerely doubt I'd have it in me to ask her out.

Doesn't stop me from daydreaming about her or getting butterflies in my stomach whenever I see her though. It might sound weird but I know I'm not the only person to have experienced this.

It's not the first time, there have been others in the past but they've faded with time as I'm sure this one will. But right now I'm mesmerised by this girl.

Anyone have similar experiences they'd like to share?

Comments

• FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a guy who works at the tattoo place I go to, hes 6'6 tattoo'd with a beard is funny and kind really great guy gorgeous eyes. But he is married with two kids. I don't go there. It's against my principals and he seems very happily married anyway but I do daydream a bit :D
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I can't remember that last time I had a crush. I started to ignore them as I always fell for women in relationships and then they just disappeared.

I mostly just feel empty, like a hollow shell made from blackness and melancholy.
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I can't remember that last time I had a crush. I started to ignore them as I always fell for women in relationships and then they just disappeared.

I mostly just feel empty, like a hollow shell made from blackness and melancholy.

Alot of people are feeling pretty bleak right now,this country is a dismal state of affairs at the moment. x

As for on topic I get crushes on famous men all the time but never people in everyday life tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Alot of people are feeling pretty bleak right now,this country is a dismal state of affairs at the moment. x

As for on topic I get crushes on famous men all the time but never people in everyday life tbh.

No it's not that at all. I'm just grumpy and miserable all the time. Not at work though. I have to be happy there to keep all my minions motivated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not that at all. I'm just grumpy and miserable all the time. Not at work though. I have to be happy there to keep all my minions motivated.

Well I'm sure they appreciate your efforts :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Well I'm sure they appreciate your efforts :p

I hope they do. But I have my doubts.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Theres a guy who works at the tattoo place I go to, hes 6'6 tattoo'd with a beard is funny and kind really great guy gorgeous eyes. But he is married with two kids. I don't go there. It's against my principals and he seems very happily married anyway but I do daydream a bit :D

I'm much the same. I wouldn't go there even if there was a chance because I know how I would feel if I was on the receiving end of an unfaithful partner, and I would probably be given a beating anyway. Still a guy can dream.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do. But I have my doubts.

Your best is all you can do Mr Bear :)
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Heck yes, OP. I once fell deeply in love with a fellow passenger on the bus that took me to school. I didn't know him, I didn't know his name but my heart used to skip not one beat, but ten!!

Sad thing is that I saw him many years later and wondered if I must have had something dreadfully wrong with my eyesight. :D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of decades back, before I came out, I used to work the bar in a pub. There was this guy that used to come in, very tall, blond, not particularly muscular, but with very angular features. I could hardly talk to him, to the point where one of the other customers once said to me in a quiet moment "I know you're not admitting this now, but one day you will come out as gay". At the time I laughed it off and told him jokingly to stop fantasizing about me, but he'd seen how I was around this other guy. It must have been bleeding obvious looking back.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Heck yes, OP. I once fell deeply in love with a fellow passenger on the bus that took me to school. I didn't know him, I didn't know his name but my heart used to skip not one beat, but ten!!

Sad thing is that I saw him many years later and wondered if I must have had something dreadfully wrong with my eyesight. :D

I'm sure we've all been there. :D
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Internet is an interesting place for looking at "how they are now".
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course!

The best crushes are the ones for people you don't know.
    Once you know them and get to see all their annoying foibles and get to know their stupid opinions and their 'normality' the mystique is gone.
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, on another forum I used to be on. Just was completely mesmerised by how beautifully this guy wrote! Admired him from afar for a while, then eventually we were kind of drawn to each other. Turns out my massive crush was reciprocated!:blush: Cue a prolonged period of pretty intense online courtship & general heady madness. For many reasons, it could never have progressed. Fabulous while it lasted, though!

It all seems so surreal to me now. But I'll never forget him.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've had a James Blunt moment.
    You know, the "I saw youuuurrr faceeeee, in a crowded traaaaaiiin… and I don't know what to do, cause I'll never be with yoooouu" kind of thing.

That being said, it was probably less of a crush and more of a PHWOAR U SO FIT instance.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to me right now. There's this girl in work I usually see on my break, she always says hello but I don't actually know her. I only know her on a first name basis. I believe she is in a relationship and has a kid so I don't have an ice cube's chance in hell, and even if I did I sincerely doubt I'd have it in me to ask her out.

Doesn't stop me from daydreaming about her or getting butterflies in my stomach whenever I see her though. It might sound weird but I know I'm not the only person to have experienced this.

It's not the first time, there have been others in the past but they've faded with time as I'm sure this one will. But right now I'm mesmerised by this girl.

Anyone have similar experiences they'd like to share?

No. I might see them and think they're a bit of alright, but then I would forget them as I know there would be no possibility whatever of something coming from it - and even if I did by some remote chance manage to engineer something, it might cause a great deal of hurt to others and damage to my reputation, if she was already in a relationship with a kid of her own.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course!

The best crushes are the ones for people you don't know.
    Once you know them and get to see all their annoying foibles and get to know their stupid opinions and their 'normality' the mystique is gone.

...and you also discover they've got bad breath, BO, hairy arms and a highly unpleasant gastric condition....

Bang, and the magic is gone, as Barry Scott might say ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, a guy I was chatting to around this time last year. We never ended up meeting, but he was (to me anyway) intelligent, sexy, very tall, funny, had a great way with words and had pretty much identical interests and wants to me. But he did a disappearing act. I was mates with him on FB/Twitter but felt the only thing to do was unfollow/defriend him as it was pointless staying around.

Doesn't mean I don't occasionally sneak a look though. Alas he's taken to talking to WAG types who are about 15 years younger than him these days. I never realised he was that shallow, or at least he wasn't to me.

Oh well. Onwards & upwards & all that.....
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't a crush something a teenage girl has? not adults
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't a crush something a teenage girl has? not adults

It's possible for any of us to have a crush, adults or not.
    I have a bit of a crush on a couple of FMs, despite never meeting or even seeing them. It's just how they come over, I suppose. I also have a crush on a couple of people I follow on twitter, nobody famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Of course! I get silly little crushes all the time. From lovely Ryan Gosling to the curly haired Scotsman in Starbucks (who has a loud chav girlfriend). Shame :D
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel O'Donnell had a crush once and it resulted in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xD2p3JuPt4

be careful guys don;t let the same thing happen to you
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    I have a crush on a passing acquaintance. They are absolutely nothing to look at and if I told anyone i'd be laughed at but they just have something about them and my heart does skip a beat when they are around, I even start stuttering like a fool:D
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    I have a crush on a passing acquaintance. They are absolutely nothing to look at and if I told anyone i'd be laughed at but they just have something about them and my heart does skip a beat when they are around, I even start stuttering like a fool:D

Who said it has to make sense? ;-) If the attraction's there for you, it's there.....
  • floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm yes, hasn't everybody?