Options

Everybody say Eh-Oh

soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes folks, after a gap of 13 years Teletubbies is about to return to our screens with 60 brand new episodes :o Filmed on a replica set of the original as that was demolished back to a green field site as per the agreement with the land owner once filming of the original series had wrapped.

Not too sure why they are deciding to give it another go as there are many other programmes for the target age group at the moment and I can see this new series being viewed more by those who remember the originals purely for a comparison. Might wait and see when they release samples of the new format as to how it will be received.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27834804

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh-oh,

yeah tubby custard
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a waste of money,

Still it I expect justifies a few jobs.

Are they that thick that they can't understand that many of the kids who liked the programmes have moved on and there's a whole new audience of children who've never seen the original programmes?

If the BBC knew anything about kids, they'd realise very young kids like to re-read favourite books and it's the same with favourite TV programmes.
    So even those who are still of an age who would enjoy these shows, would watch them again.

So..re-run..the...old....programmes, cutting out any of the controversial ones.

"It ain't rocket salad."
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Apparently the re-runs are doing so well with figures on CBeebies that it "made sense" to bring back the series. I just wish we could somehow see the test shoots as the whole doing it with CGI aspect just makes it sound horrendous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Apparently the re-runs are doing so well with figures on CBeebies that it "made sense" to bring back the series. I just wish we could somehow see the test shoots as the whole doing it with CGI aspect just makes it sound horrendous.

With young kids, "simplicity is best."

But this is just typical of the BBC's thinking.

It was a successful kids' programme, so "let's do it again," get high ratings (on a kid's channel) and lots of "Brownie Points" for anyone who can manage to find a way to be associated with it.

Doesn't matter if the cost means having to add to the number of repeats on the main channels.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Eh-oh? Uck-off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with repeating it? Can't they come up with any new ideas? When I was a kid along with playdays, tots TV I loved watching old repeats of Bagpuss and the Clangers but back then they didn't feel the need to reboot everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    What's wrong with repeating it? Can't they come up with any new ideas? When I was a kid along with playdays, tots TV I loved watching old repeats of Bagpuss and the Clangers but back then they didn't feel the need to reboot everything.

Well, when you've a few "suits" on big money, it's difficult to justify sitting on your backside and just shoveling repeats to the masses.

You need to come up with a plan to show you're actually doing something.
    The fact that it will cost a lot of money that could be put to better use providing, say, more drama for BBC1, something with more than three episodes that isn't in a foreign language with subtitles, probably never crosses anyone's mind.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could bring back Brum.

The bloke who played the policeman is a Facebook friend!
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the purple one will still get talked about? ;)
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Could bring back Brum.

The bloke who played the policeman is a Facebook friend!

Brum was lovely, it wasn't 'done to death' by being shown all the time from what I recall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brum was lovely, it wasn't 'done to death' by being shown all the time from what I recall.

I'd imagine the BBC has several excellent kids programmes in its archives which would be "new" to most young kids today.

After all, "Loonytunes" cartoons were enjoyed by generations of kids for decades.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh-oh? Uck-off.

Now now...:cool:

I hope they keep basically the same format. Though this time they can soup everything up with a bit of CGI here and there!