Options

Under the Dome - Series 2

Does anyone know when this is coming back to CH5? I'm assuming it IS coming back?:o

The new series starts on the 30th June in the US.

Comments

• Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure it will be coming back, I think it did very good in the ratings.

If the air it the same time has last year then it will be on in August
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under the Dome was a pretty daft program really, but still compulsive viewing! Looking forward to a 2nd series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know when this is coming back to CH5? I'm assuming it IS coming back?:o

CBS have been trailing the new season for a few weeks now. If I recall, CH5 were about five weeks behind the US airings, so Marti's suggestion of an August start sounds right.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well, I suppose that was an okay continuation, though why do I get the feeling they (the writers) are considering not one, but two love triangles here?

Furthermore, the deaths
    What? Linda and Angie get axed (one of them, quite literally). Linda's character ... well she wasn't really going anywhere, was she? Though I hope they at least have an episode where the news of her death is relayed to her fiancee). Angie however. Considering the Dome is practically telling people what to do, it didn't do anything when Angie was hacked to death. She's one of the four, and now, well ... she's a corpse. The next question is, who killed her? Big Jim and Junior seem too obvious (apparently they're the most likely candidates; something to do with the book) but my next suspect is their Uncle; Sam.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not too bad a start to the 2nd season.

Glad stupid cop is dead, and whiny teen. But now we have strange Uncle and Walking around in a trance girl.

I hope they focus on the mystery now rather than all the human rubbish.

The mum looks interesting.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Well, I suppose that was an okay continuation, though why do I get the feeling they (the writers) are considering not one, but two love triangles here?

Furthermore, the deaths
    What? Linda and Angie get axed (one of them, quite literally). Linda's character ... well she wasn't really going anywhere, was she? Though I hope they at least have an episode where the news of her death is relayed to her fiancee). Angie however. Considering the Dome is practically telling people what to do, it didn't do anything when Angie was hacked to death. She's one of the four, and now, well ... she's a corpse. The next question is, who killed her? Big Jim and Junior seem too obvious (apparently they're the most likely candidates; something to do with the book) but my next suspect is their Uncle; Sam.
    I don't think Angie is dead we never saw her die also Britt Robertson is credited in the next 6 episodes. I'm thinking the Dome does something to her
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I don't think Angie is dead we never saw her die also Britt Robertson is credited in the next 6 episodes. I'm thinking the Dome does something to her

Maybe she will just 'appear' like a Dodee vision, not actually be in it.
    Every time someone dies they seem to get replaced or are a vision aren't they or both in Linda's case?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she will just 'appear' like a Dodee vision, not actually be in it.
    Every time someone dies they seem to get replaced or are a vision aren't they or both in Linda's case?
    could do it like that yes, but i'm thinking with her being one of the four if maybe it was only one swipe with that cleaver and caught her on the arm or something and the dome protects her by killing the attacker or B. she comes back as a superior being of some sort to do the domes work
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've heard it starts on the 19th August.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Must admit I was getting bored at times, but the producers have done well with a couple of the new characters, Zombie Girl and Bad Uncle in particular are positively creepy. The final scene was well done too, so more of that please.

Did everyone else spot Stephen's cameo? :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's back and as daftly watchable as ever. I love how stupid everybody is in the show.

And I think
    cop lady is dead, I understand she has a new show coming out. Shame, she was one of the few good characters.

Of the new characters, her out off of Misfits does an excellent Murrcan accent.

BTW, if you spot someone drowning in the middle of a lake and you have a boat right next to you, swimming to help them is probably not your best bet.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard it starts on the 19th August.

cool thanks

Im slowly working my way through the book. :p It's very different.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexy teacher - OMG! You're that murderer! <points gun>

Barbie - <snatches gun away> I am not a murderer.

Sexy teacher - Oh, OK. Would you like to hear my theories about the Dome?

Oh, and...
    Linda may have only had the job for 2 weeks, but she was probably Chester's Mill's worst ever sheriff! :D
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we make this the US pace thread and avoid all these spoiler tags or s a new thread better?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we make this the US pace thread and avoid all these spoiler tags or s a new thread better?

Be best to make is USA thread now as a few spoilers already in it and i'm posting another now lol.
    Britt Robertson has confirmed Angie is dead for good, however she is open to returning if they ask her too.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Britt Robertson. She has no luck with het TV shows. She may be the Aldi Hadyn Panitierre, but I like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Poor Britt Robertson. She has no luck with het TV shows. She may be the Aldi Hadyn Panitierre, but I like her.

Same here i like her too i think she has the potential to go a long way.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That last scene took me by surprise.

Angie should have known she was a goner when she was the only person Stephen King talked to :D

I'm guessing the girl from the Lake is a reincarnation of someone who died some years back as the Uncle character seemed to recognise her.

Bit of a twist with
    Jim's wife being alive.
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed the mods a couple of days ago, asking if a new thread could be created with "US pace" in the title, & the posts from #5 (Flash252's post) removed from this one & put into it.

If so, I asked if this thread could then have "UK pace" added to the title.

I haven't heard anything back.
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't help thinking of all those supernatural type films (Exorcist, Damien etc.) when the knives & nails started flying around.
    :D
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Of the new characters, her out off of Misfits does an excellent Murrcan accent.

Ah, thanks for that, I was wondering where I'd seen that face before. Far too sexy for this show, though. ;-) Also, hampered by some rather poor scripting.
    BTW, if you spot someone drowning in the middle of a lake and you have a boat right next to you, swimming to help them is probably not your best bet

Yes, I thought that, too. Must be a Murkan thing. :p
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    cool thanks

Im slowly working my way through the book. :p It's very different.

Hehe yeah, I am past page 500, it's a lengthy book, but I finally managed to find the time and get into it, I had forgotten most of series one, so hope it comes flooding back when series two starts next month. The book is quite different Dale Barbara has an equal amount of story going on as another switched on character, it is good, and hope he doesnt get bumped off. Still most of the towns inhabitants seem a bit lacking in the braincell department :o:D
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so like
    when does THE DOME get it's name on the credits :D

'cos that one is getting to be a right character!!!

welcome back daffy naffy drama, and the "who get's knobbled this week" game :o
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    so like
    when does THE DOME get it's name on the credits :D

'cos that one is getting to be a right character!!!

welcome back daffy naffy drama, and the "who get's knobbled this week" game :o

Hehe :D Under the Dome...at the end of series two to conclude the story in a hurry before cancellation sees Dome murder all the towns inhabitants then resurrect them as ghostlike hologram visions then opens itself up as the first extra terrestrial theme town - as a warning to mankind..the end..

:D:D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was a crap episode. Don't really care who killed Angie and the Butterfly thing was just a distraction.

No real movement on the Dome mystery. And memory loss girl is just annoying.