Options

Anyone catch Kate Moss on E4 last night?

IateallthepiesIateallthepies Posts: 453
Forum Member
It was a fly-on-the-wall documentary on Kate's hairdresser friend James Brown's new London salon, in which she is a silent partner. Well she was far from silent on the show in which she featured quite strongly. She actually came across as very natural and unaffected - very bubbly and even quite funny.

I am no fan of Kate's, mainly because she wears real fur (and don't get me started on the fashion industry) but I find her amazingly beautiful and I never understand it when people say they can't understand her success as a model. I'd kill for those eyes, cheekbones and mouth.

Comments

• Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Really? My husband and I were amazed at her plainness....and I'm not being jealous - I swear.

She looks like the majority of girls I see down my local (Soho for all the people wanting to have a look).

I also know now why she doesn't do interviews....christ what a yawnfest she is. Unless inebriated I'm sure.

I wasn't expecting Kate Moss to be a nightmare on that programme (she's not stupid and he was being a nightmare for both of them) - she was on best behaviour. So she was meh rather than Wow....
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've always liked her, but last night made me feel justified in doing so :)
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    My husband used to think she was gorge, but now he thinks she looks a bit rough.

She used to be my fav model, although not anymore, but i really wanted to see this and missed it. Is there any catch up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    My husband used to think she was gorge, but now he thinks she looks a bit rough.

She used to be my fav model, although not anymore, but i really wanted to see this and missed it. Is there any catch up?

On the C4 website there's no mention of it being repeated (how odd) but I'm sure you'll be able to catch it again - it is on 4 demand though.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    Really? My husband and I were amazed at her plainness....and I'm not being jealous - I swear.

She looks like the majority of girls I see down my local (Soho for all the people wanting to have a look).

I also know now why she doesn't do interviews....christ what a yawnfest she is. Unless inebriated I'm sure.

I wasn't expecting Kate Moss to be a nightmare on that programme (she's not stupid and he was being a nightmare for both of them) - she was on best behaviour. So she was meh rather than Wow....

Oh.. okay.. I suppose she could've been putting on an act for the cameras. Like I say I'm not really a fan but I've always found her intriguing to look at.

As for James Brown himself, what a tosser! If anyone ever spoke to me the way he spoke to that PR girl I would not be responsible for my actions. And I am not (normally) a violent person :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I can't see why she's been so successful - she doesn't do it for me - and she looks like she smells of dried mud.
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she used to be very good looking. In the last few years however, her looks have gone seriously down the pan, she's looking quite rough these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh.. okay.. I suppose she could've been putting on an act for the cameras. Like I say I'm not really a fan but I've always found her intriguing to look at.

As for James Brown himself, what a tosser! If anyone ever spoke to me the way he spoke to that PR girl I would not be responsible for my actions. And I am not (normally) a violent person :D

OMG - at first I rather liked him (having fallen for his "anyone can come here" schtick) but my god what an out and out tosser!

That electrician!!!! Sweet! And she was a bit "bless the commoners" - made his day though so that was good (but uncomfortable for me because he's as good as them!!)....

My OH said to me (regarding the assistant) - is that how your boss treats you? On occasion yes but I've always walked and been begged to come back.

What an absolute oaf!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG - at first I rather liked him (having fallen for his "anyone can come here" schtick) but my god what an out and out tosser!

That electrician!!!! Sweet! And she was a bit "bless the commoners" - made his day though so that was good (but uncomfortable for me because he's as good as them!!)....

My OH said to me (regarding the assistant) - is that how your boss treats you? On occasion yes but I've always walked and been begged to come back.

What an absolute oaf!!!

for £500 a pop, yes :eek:
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got incredible bone structure and in her younger days was beautiful. She hasn't taken care of herself - which is fine - but, she is a high profile model so I think it's rather remiss of her to let her complexion go to pot (no pun intended). I think she looks absolutely terrible these days - but I've always loved her style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muppeteer wrote: »
    I thought she used to be very good looking. In the last few years however, her looks have gone seriously down the pan, she's looking quite rough these days.

I actually don't like to be a total bitch (but no one likes to be and I obviously am) but yes - the last two years the age has crept up remarkably.... She looks her age - which us ordinary folk is OK - supermodel no?

My OH was totally and utterly gutted. He couldn't believe how "normal" she looked.

She's still a remarkable model and obviously she's always been hugely photogenic and the reality is going to be a disappointment.

The best models aren't beautiful - they're versatile and have ability to move and act in pictures that others can't.

Maybe that's always been the case but now she's having to be herself for her future career so it's the first time we've actually witnessed it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's got incredible bone structure and in her younger days was beautiful. She hasn't taken care of herself - which is fine - but, she is a high profile model so I think it's rather remiss of her to let her complexion go to pot (no pun intended). I think she looks absolutely terrible these days - but I've always loved her style.

but the work will still come in - she's almost a unique case (always has been - not many people get her success being such a short girl) - her profile is beyond being a model so she'll work (as long as age allows.)

With the touching up of pictures it is almost irrelevant what she actually looks like now....They'll still keep on paying. Which is why when you see her animated its a bit of a shock - doesn't equate to the published images.

Now she's deciding on her proper future away from modelling.... not sure how that will pan out tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    for £500 a pop, yes :eek:

Obviously I've booked my appointment - it's a snip (pun intended)....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the C4 website there's no mention of it being repeated (how odd) but I'm sure you'll be able to catch it again - it is on 4 demand though.....

I've been trying to watch on 4 on demand but the image keeps freezing... grrrr ,maybe it's the hour.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but the work will still come in - she's almost a unique case (always has been - not many people get her success being such a short girl) - her profile is beyond being a model so she'll work (as long as age allows.)

With the touching up of pictures it is almost irrelevant what she actually looks like now....They'll still keep on paying. Which is why when you see her animated its a bit of a shock - doesn't equate to the published images.

Now she's deciding on her proper future away from modelling.... not sure how that will pan out tbh.

That's all true. Her still getting the work and being a unique case doesn't stop me from thinking she's lost her looks. Fair play to her but IMHO she munts.
  • Options
    Forum Member

True, she's in the cover of W and Vogue Paris, that i usually buy, and it has indeed become totally irrelevant how she really looks in real life, she gets the covers because she's Kate Moss now, not because she's an amazing model. It's like having a celebrity in the cover.

The problem for me it's not her looking older, is that she looks like my husband says "rough", **** hanging from the lip, toasting in the sun, making her skin incredibly leathery , glass in hand. It just doesn't make sense anymore, she has to move on and take better care of herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't resort to botox. That'll do her no favours whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thinks she's quite nice and got a funny loud personality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i thinks she's quite nice and got a funny loud personality

I think because there's always been this mystique around her I imagined her to be a bit aloof or moody in real life.

She also gets some really bad press. For example she supposedly threw a strop at a showbiz do a couple of weeks back with certain newspapers making out that she "demanded" that people look for her lipstick but video footage showed this to be a total fabrication.

I can't believe I'm being nice about a "fur hag"!!

No chance of me being quite so kind to Naomi Campbell, evil witch that she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think because there's always been this mystique around her I imagined her to be a bit aloof or moody in real life.

She also gets some really bad press. For example she supposedly threw a strop at a showbiz do a couple of weeks back with certain newspapers making out that she "demanded" that people look for her lipstick but video footage showed this to be a total fabrication.

I can't believe I'm being nice about a "fur hag"!!

No chance of me being quite so kind to Naomi Campbell, evil witch that she is.

Ahhh but I bet Naomi Campbell is interesting - for all the wrong reasons of course!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeh Naomi Campbell sounds like a bitch , BUT i havent met her to be fair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there's a big difference between what the general public find beautiful/attractive and what model agencies/bookers/fashion designers deem beautiful, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I think she looks amazing, her figure and bone structure especially. Though she has really strange eyes, she always looks spaced out to me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Kate, and always have.She has got high spirits, and is very photogenic.She looks as if she would be a really loyal and good solid friend somehow. I think it is fine she is letting nature do its thing, given she is one of only a mere handful of famous people who has had absolutely nothing done.. no boobs or nose jobs, let alone collagen and botox and all that rubbish.She has been a top model for so long i does not matter now if she relaxes into a more business role at which she is doing very nicely, and worth a small fortune .
  • Options
    Cortina1990Cortina1990 Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think she's hot.