HO Jono and Ruby were brilliant tonight!

GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know they were not that popular but tonights episode was so emotional, it was really well acted, I think they were just perfect together no other couple in soaps are as cute as Juby were. :cry:

Comments

• cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't really cared much for them before, but tonight was heartbreaking.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    At one point it just seemed as if Hollyoaks had put them together for the sake of it, but over recent episodes they have been more convincing. Their last scenes were very cute :(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh it was so sad :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Yeah they were both fantastic. Show's what they could do with good material.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its typical really that as soon as more people started to warm to them, individually and as a couple, one of them is killed off :( I thought it was a very sad scene.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very heart wrenching - The music choice was perfect - the only thing missing - very cheesy but = a shooting star at the end
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    it was heart breaking i sat and cried at that end bit with them :(
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be a couple as cute as them again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be a couple as cute as them again.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked that scene with Ruby talking about the stars and wish she had gone into more detail
    The Mise-en-scene was really good and cute having them sit by the pond in the dark, it looked quite nice as well

And I agree with the above poster, their relationship only just started to look real
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    i thought the end was so touching and by far the best out of all the deaths this week. the song actually totally made it and the slow mo when jack was running down to them. awwww actually so sweet and sad for characters i literally didnt even care about a few weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both of them were outstanding in that final scene. Genuinely heartbreaking, so sad... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it deserves an award.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only just started watching HO and I thought they were really good together, liked Jono's character tbh
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep/ I cried for Jono!
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah they were both seeming to be more convincing than before and not as annoying or forced. I don't understand why he died, surely the amublence crew would've checked him out or taken them to the hospital? George and Sinead were there so it is odd they weren't.

Why did he not say anything about being in pain?
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Yeah they were both seeming to be more convincing than before and not as annoying or forced. I don't understand why he died, surely the amublence crew would've checked him out or taken them to the hospital? George and Sinead were there so it is odd they weren't.

Why did he not say anything about being in pain?

I think the line about him needing to go outside for some fresh air was linked to this.
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost any investment in their relationship when he began treating her like a piece of crap near the beginning of it - they are both nasty , narcissistic and/or weak willed little idiots.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost any investment in their relationship when he began treating her like a piece of crap near the beginning of it - they are both nasty , narcissistic and/or weak willed little idiots.

So I would guess you don't like Brendan or you didn't like Silas as compare to those two they were pretty normal kids who carve into peer pressure.

Well for me I've always like them from when they first got together.
    Jono wasn't great in how he let what his friends thought determine how his relationship with Ruby should be like but that comes to lack of experience in his life.
    Ruby let Jono get away with things he shouldn't have in his treatment of her but again lack of experience and also being her first boyfriend who she really liked so much.

They won't (of course) go down as one of HO's fav/epic couples but I really liked them and wish they had more time to develop like I also wished Scott and Annalise could have.

As for Jono, I'll miss him because even though he wasn't a character in the way that someone like Brendan is, he was enough for me to like watching him.

RIP Martin 'Jono' Johnson :cry::cry:

I hope they don't show Ruby or for that matter all though involved in the crash moving on so/too quickly.
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are so easily pleased. He was one of the worst actors to ever grace our TV screens - I salute HO for getting rid of the deadwood - bar Rhys. Terrible decision to kill him off.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are so easily pleased. He was one of the worst actors to ever grace our TV screens - I salute HO for getting rid of the deadwood - bar Rhys. Terrible decision to kill him off.

And you should have a problem with that?! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    It reminded me a little bit of the Jambo/Dawn death scene from years ago. Was very sad
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby was brilliant, and has been all week (makes a nice change)..

Yes the scene was emotional, but Jono was badly acted until his death.
  • Maria95Maria95 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week I think teens have been really good.

After the crash I warned to Jono a lot and was upset when he died.

I've also got to say Stephanie Davis has been stunning this week, I didn't realise that she was that good of an actress.

Goes to show that with the right material People could actually like them. I mean Jono I've never liked him in the Past but after the crash I warmed to him a lot and was so sad when he died. When he was upset and crying and blaming himself for being too slow and not getting there in time and saving Maddie and Neil, I literally felt for him so much and all I could think was is that he's so selfless and a hero.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't deny they were a very cute couple, their scene's last scenes were just perfect.