'Waiting for Genhil to Get It On' - Gennie & Nikhil (P2)

1333435363739»

Comments

• Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    For those of you who missed out on seeing Rik's brilliant performance in Passing By recently here is a link to a short video which Arion Productions have recently uploaded to You Tube. http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7lL7-xhN0 Enjoy :D:D
  • lizirayliziray Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    There was a brief referance to Gennie and Molly sometime over the christmas period, Think it was by Lisa but she had to shut up quickly for fear of upsetting the murderess.>:(
  • notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so happy to see Molly on the Skype call to Brenda on Boxing Day.
    It was a nice idea to include her and show us she has not been forgotten.
    Forum Member
    liziray wrote: »
    There was a brief referance to Gennie and Molly sometime over the christmas period, Think it was by Lisa but she had to shut up quickly for fear of upsetting the murderess.>:(
    I was so happy to see Molly on the Skype call to Brenda on Boxing Day.
    It was a nice idea to include her and show us she has not been forgotten.

Both of the above mentions/inclusions were lovely but at the end of the day, Nikhil's reaction to Archie's parenthood/the conclusion to the Alicia/David/Priya triangle should have been shown. He fell out with his father/brother re Archie and had strong opinions about Priya and David's relationship.

All of this should have been part of Nikhil exit story line rather than the somewhat lame, "Oh! my wife has died, I can't live in this village, I must take my daughter and move away", which we were given.
    Forum Member
    Kazz64 wrote: »
    Both of the above mentions/inclusions were lovely but at the end of the day, Nikhil's reaction to Archie's parenthood/the conclusion to the Alicia/David/Priya triangle should have been shown. He fell out with his father/brother re Archie and had strong opinions about Priya and David's relationship.

All of this should have been part of Nikhil exit story line rather than the somewhat lame, "Oh! my wife has died, I can't live in this village, I must take my daughter and move away", which we were given.
    Seems to me that tptb couldn't care less about putting a storyline to bed properly, Once someone's due to go they just want them gone asap, Suppose we were lucky or unlucky whichever way you look at it that Gennie got the exit that she did.
    Anyway looking forward to seeing Sian in action on Tuesday evening, No interest anymore to bother recording the other 7pm.
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe it’s 3 years ago today since the great Genhil romance started when they sung "Don't go breaking my heart" together at the Woolpack's New Year's Eve karaoke party!! This has to be one of my all time favourite scenes between the characters and one which both actors seemed to really enjoy filming. :D

Well what a Genhil year (well, 8 months to be exact!) 2013 was. January saw Gennie’s return to work at the factory. In February we had the “christening” of Molly which despite the behaviour of Debbie, Katie and to a lesser extent, Chas, turned into a wonderful occasion for the family although this was shortly followed by the sadness and uncertainty of Brenda’s illness, diagnosis and treatment. :( In April Nikhil proposed (again!) and they hastily arranged a somewhat hit and miss wedding (although the “Oompa Loompa” stag night was brilliant and showed us what a great sport Rik is!):D. Then following Rishi's ludicrous claim that he was Archie's father, Nikhil became estranged from his father and brother and walked out of the factory. He then struggled to find work and his first post factory job was working as a barista in the café with Bob (inspired!!):D, then for a short time with David in the shop before deciding he’d like to be the new “Basil Fawlty” and buy the B&B from Eric & Val – some wonderful acting and scenes from Rik, in particular, at this time. The only downside was Gennie’s obsession with the mysterious behaviour of her sister’s boyfriend. Sadly this obsession cost her her life; left Molly to face life without her real mother in it and for our lovely Nikhil to face life without his wife, best friend, lover, soul mate and love of his life. :(:cry:

As for Sian & Rik, both decided to leave their roles in Emmerdale, and whilst I was sad at the time their departures were announced, believe they made the right decisions both for themselves and indeed, Emmerdale. I have been lucky enough to see both of them in their first post-Emmerdale roles and both were exceptional. They are extremely talented actors and I am sure there is a lot more to come from these two in the future both on stage and, screen. I wish them both well.

Finally, Happy New Year to everyone, let’s hope 2014 is a good ‘un! :p:D
    Forum Member
    Great to see Sian looking good and putting in a very creditable performance, caught one or two of Gennie's facial expressions, Not surprising really.:)
    Forum Member
    Great to see Sian looking good and putting in a very creditable performance, caught one or two of Gennie's facial expressions, Not surprising really.:)

I too thought Sian did very well on Celebrity Mastermind. She certainly knows a lot about Black Books!! I too agree she did look really good and hope it's not too long until we see her on screen (or stage) again.
  • Telly TotTelly Tot Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Rik's got another theatrical project lined up. He's to star alongside David Essex in The Dishwashers at The Birmingham Repertory Theatre from 31st January.:) Great to see him continuing to develop new projects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would also seem that the Staging at the Birmingham Rep is ahead of a tour that will run until April, before going into the West End. If Rik stays with the play throughout and it proves successful, this could be a really great opportunity for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly Tot wrote: »
    Looks like Rik's got another theatrical project lined up. He's to star alongside David Essex in The Dishwashers at The Birmingham Repertory Theatre from 31st January.:) Great to see him continuing to develop new projects.

That's good news for him. Thanks for sharing TellyTot :)
    Forum Member
    It would also seem that the Staging at the Birmingham Rep is ahead of a tour that will run until April, before going into the West End. If Rik stays with the play throughout and it proves successful, this could be a really great opportunity for him.

Thanks for the info, Telly Tot.

Like Passing By, it sounds like another really good post-soap role for Rik. I've booked to see it in Richmond in March! :):D
    Forum Member
    Just enjoyed an unexpected "Genhil" moment on ITV's "All Right on the Night". The scene shown was one of their final ones with the Pollards at Victoria Cottage and involved champagne corks popping! Great fun! Check it out on ITV Player. :D
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Poor Brenda. I think she'd be dealing with Gennie's death better if Molly was still in the village. Hopefully she'll be able to go to Canada soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out Birmingham Rep's website. They have a gallery of rehearsal images for Rik's new play, The Dishwashers. It's incredible how gorgeous this man is in an apron! First ironing now dish washing and all while looking like he just stepped off the cover of GQ Magazine. Gennie was right he is the perfect man.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opening night of The Dishwashers tonight. Break a leg and not a plate, Mr Mak!:)
    Forum Member
    Georgia has returned from visiting Nikhil and Molly in Canada reporting that Nikhil's a changed man! He certainly must have changed as it looked as if he'd unlocked his wallet and bought his mother a rather lovely watch! :o Shame on Brenda for stealing the watch, Gennie will be spinning in her grave. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz64 wrote: »
    Georgia has returned from visiting Nikhil and Molly in Canada reporting that Nikhil's a changed man! He certainly must have changed as it looked as if he'd unlocked his wallet and bought his mother a rather lovely watch! :o Shame on Brenda for stealing the watch, Gennie will be spinning in her grave. >:(
    It's hard to imagine Nikhil ever becoming more chilled and less up tight.:) It makes sense though given that he's now supposed to be a single parent, juggling childcare with a full time job with long hours. That would be a fairly swift reality check. What will really be tough for Brenda though will be when she eventually hears that he's seeing someone. As much as she may eventually realise that he's still a young, not to mention gorgeous, man, that it may be great for Molly in the long run and that he can't be expected to sacrifice his whole life to mourning Gennie, it's still going to hurt her like Hell.
    Forum Member
    I'm not really up on why Brenda stole Georgia's watch as i rarely catch ed now,
    But once again Telly Tot are thoughts run in the same direction, I too had thought of the scenario you mention, Going to be some lucky Canadian girl out there:)
    Nice to see a few of the old faithfulls are still keeping an eye on this once great thread, Everytime i have a look i half expect to find it's been closed,
    Anyway i'm still enjoying my downloads and hope to do so for the forseeable future,
    Keep well everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really up on why Brenda stole Georgia's watch as i rarely catch ed now,
    But once again Telly Tot are thoughts run in the same direction, I too had thought of the scenario you mention, Going to be some lucky Canadian girl out there:)
    Nice to see a few of the old faithfulls are still keeping an eye on this once great thread, Everytime i have a look i half expect to find it's been closed,
    Anyway i'm still enjoying my downloads and hope to do so for the forseeable future,
    Keep well everyone.
    Hey Liziray! :) I like to check in to the thread every now and again. Even though Genhil is no more, it's great to get the occasional update on how Rik and Sian are progressing post soap. Rik seems to be flying along with one play after another and some incredible reviews, which have really praised his acting. One called him a "revelation". It's a terrific foundation for him and as his reputation builds I've no doubt we'll see him either on the small or big screen again very soon. Sian made a good start with the play "Children of God." She's now back to auditioning. Hopefully, she'll get a break soon. It's a tough profession and a very crowded market but there's no doubt she's a very capable actress, with a beautiful singing voice. With the right project, I'm sure she'll do incredibly well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick correction to my last post, Sian's play was "Children of Fate."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Hard to believe it was a year ago that Gennie died :(
    Forum Member
    I agree with you Jackles, it's been a very quick year since Gennie's tragic death. :(:(

However, I thought that overall Gennie's memorial in tonight's was nicely done. The names of the various dead characters on the balloons was a nice touch as was Brenda's speech and Bob giving her the locket which Brenda gave Gennie when she married Nikhil complete with photos of Gennie & Molly inside.

However, I did not like Debbie going along to the memorial as she had no place there and she should have stayed away. >:( >:( The other thing which I thought was strange was that none of the Sharmas were there. :confused::confused: Although Gennie was not a blood relative she was the adored wife of their son/brother and the mother of their granddaughter/niece, tardy production again - Emmerdale! >:( However my guess is they were either in London visiting Nikhil and Molly, who, in order to explain Brenda's absence, we were told on Monday, were in London due to Nikhil's business trip or they were busy planning Priya's wedding to Rakesh!
    Forum Member
    Had to bump this thread just include a reference to last night's episode.

Apparently Nikhil has a girl friend called Tanya. According to Priya they have been seeing each other for 6 months and are thinking of moving in together! Strangely (but then this is Emmerdale) he hadn't told Brenda who is understandably upset.