A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    The first four tracks on Paradise bad i love but the rest is rather tedious.

And I know she is pregnant she is not the first woman and unlikely to be the last how in anyway is it going to help us as nation to have another over privilege detonian will the sprog sort out the national debt will it get the NHS working to full capacity and to a good standard no whres the news :p

I'm on track 4 now and I hate to say it but it's already getting a bit tedious.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waldstein wrote: »
    I'm on track 4 now and I hate to say it but it's already getting a bit tedious.

It's monotnous isn't it its all similar sounding and she sounds bored you can tell this is purely a cash in the songs on Lizzie Grant would have been better released than these :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's monotnous isn't it its all similar sounding and she sounds bored you can tell this is purely a cash in the songs on Lizzie Grant would have been better released than these :o

I agree. She should've just waited and made a new album. It's a pity. On a positive note, Ride and American are the standouts for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally wald its a total sell out and has tarnished her for me a bit i mean wouldn't have been so bad as a standalone but it really is a weak and pointless collection but agree Ride and American two good songs at leat. Listening To Jessie Ware's Devotion i would say better than BTD and so underrated definitely worth a listen its a stunning album :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    And I know she is pregnant she is not the first woman and unlikely to be the last how in anyway is it going to help us as nation to have another over privilege detonian will the sprog sort out the national debt will it get the NHS working to full capacity and to a good standard no whres the news :p

Millions of women get pregnant every day! The story was just on the NBC Nightly News as well. I'm a good republican :D At least I have my book to read :p I was ranting to mum earlier about Kate's pregnancy. At least I wasn't talking about you know who and the dream I had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Millions of women get pregnant every day! The story was just on the NBC Nightly News as well. I'm a good republican :D At least I have my book to read :p I was ranting to mum earlier about Kate's pregnancy. At least I wasn't talking about you know who and the dream I had.

We'll probably have a paegaent and hopefully a day off thats something at least :D But i know its like really of all the things in all the world this its harry i feel sorry for relegated to fourth in line :p And haha yes nothing like news to take your mind of certain peeps :p
    Forum Member
    We'll probably have a paegaent and hopefully a day off thats something at least :D But i know its like really of all the things in all the world this its harry i feel sorry for relegated to fourth in line :p And haha yes nothing like news to take your mind of certain peeps :p

Wouldn't surprise me :p Here in Ireland things will remain normal... or is there such a thing as normal in my world? :D Just heard on the NBC Nightly News that there was a heatwave in certain parts of the US. The weather in NYC seems to be ok so if that's where you know who is going he'll be fine. Lucky him :D I haven't had another dream since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally wald its a total sell out and has tarnished her for me a bit i mean wouldn't have been so bad as a standalone but it really is a weak and pointless collection but agree Ride and American two good songs at leat. Listening To Jessie Ware's Devotion i would say better than BTD and so underrated definitely worth a listen its a stunning album :)

Jessie Ware is very talented but I couldn't get 100% on board with her album whereas BTD had a fairly immediate effect on me. I think I do need to give Devotion another few listens as Wildest Moments is one of my favourite songs of the year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie Ware is very talented but I couldn't get 100% on board with her album whereas BTD had a fairly immediate effect on me. I think I do need to give Devotion another few listens as Wildest Moments is one of my favourite songs of the year.

It's taken a while its an album that reveals itself on further listens i agre whereas as you say BTD was immediate i think i fell in love with her when OTTR was free single of the week on iTunes now that was lucky :p
    Forum Member
    Re: Wills and Kate, I feel so sorry for her having to announce the pregnancy so early. I don't think I could cope with a life where you have virtually no privacy.

I was just thinking that too. I was studying for Media Law today and reading about the right to privacy and everything. Well I might have something new to write about...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky indeed!

I'll definitely check Devotion out again. To be fair, I only listened to it at work so I probably didn't give it the attention it deserved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not feel sorry for them at all when your living in a palace with bottomless funds and trips round the world i would not complain :D maybe im just a cynic :p

And i hope you like it if not there's always Lana :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just thinking that too. I was studying for Media Law today and reading about the right to privacy and everything. Well I might have something new to write about...

Well, it would be very on-topic so it might be a good choice. I think the fact that they had to go public with the information clearly because couldn't trust the health care system/their staff to keep confidential information exactly that, confidential, is a sad reflection of the society we live in.

Do you like media law? The only aspect of law I ever studied was a bit on copyright law but sadly most of it's forgotten :( I really liked it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not feel sorry for them at all when your living in a palace with bottomless funds and trips round the world i would not complain :D maybe im just a cynic :p

And i hope you like it if not there's always Lana :)

As Biggie said, Mo' Money, Mo' Problems... I hear that's a favourite track of Prince Phillip :p
    Forum Member
    Well, it would be very on-topic so it might be a good choice. I think the fact that they had to go public with the information clearly because couldn't trust the health care system/their staff to keep confidential information exactly that, confidential, is a sad reflection of the society we live in.

Do you like media law? The only aspect of law I ever studied was a bit on copyright law but sadly most of it's forgotten :( I really liked it though.

Good point. If I have to write about privacy I might mention that in the exam. Yeah I find it really interesting and topical, especially with the News of the World scandal, the Kate Middleton topless photos thing and whatever. I did copyright as part of IT Law (;)) and Intellectual Property Law. Intellectual Property Law is a good subject but the lecturer was airy-fairy :eek: I call her the airy fairy one :p I have to put up with her again next semester for English Land Law.

That bit sounds good, it's the rest of it that isn't :p No I can be a bit of a cynic as well :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True dat look at Diana :o But wish em all the best and perhaps another bank holiday its not like we get enough of those :p
    Forum Member
    True dat look at Diana :o But wish em all the best and perhaps another bank holiday its not like we get enough of those :p

Wasn't she hounded by the press a lot? That's another thing I can mention in Media Law. Well we won't get a bank holiday here in Ireland but enjoy yours if you get one :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't she hounded by the press a lot? That's another thing I can mention in Media Law. Well we won't get a bank holiday here in Ireland but enjoy yours if you get one :p

She sure was. You need only take her death as an example of the press hounding she received. Her car crashed as it was being chased by paparazzi some of whom when the crash had occurred took pictures of the dead/wounded in Diana's car. I know she courted the press but nobody deserves that IMO. I remember George Clooney held a press conference in the days after her death calling for stricter regulations.

I presume you touched on the stricter French privacy laws when you discussed the Kate/topless scandal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point. If I have to write about privacy I might mention that in the exam. Yeah I find it really interesting and topical, especially with the News of the World scandal, the Kate Middleton topless photos thing and whatever. I did copyright as part of IT Law (;)) and Intellectual Property Law. Intellectual Property Law is a good subject but the lecturer was airy-fairy :eek: I call her the airy fairy one :p I have to put up with her again next semester for English Land Law.

I think we've all had one of those lecturers. There's nothing worse!

The copyright law we studied was tied in with music management so we studied things like publishing and recording royalties, etc. It was interesting to read about acts such as The Who that got completely screwed over by managers.
    Forum Member
    I think we've all had one of those lecturers. There's nothing worse!

The copyright law we studied was tied in with music management so we studied things like publishing and recording royalties, etc. It was interesting to read about acts such as The Who that got completely screwed over by managers.

You know how she gets into college? Fairy dust! We didn't do that sort of thing. We did a lot about copyright of software and art and various other things. Music was only touched on. Some of the first lectures were like Show and Tell: University Edition :rolleyes: The airy-fairy one didn't know what her right arm was doing!
    She sure was. You need only take her death as an example of the press hounding she received. Her car crashed as it was being chased by paparazzi some of whom when the crash had occurred took pictures of the dead/wounded in Diana's car. I know she courted the press but nobody deserves that IMO. I remember George Clooney held a press conference in the days after her death calling for stricter regulations.

I presume you touched on the stricter French privacy laws when you discussed the Kate/topless scandal?

Thanks for all that info. I'll use it in my exams alright. No I don't think we did. The Kate photo scandal was only mentioned briefly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know how she gets into college? Fairy dust! We didn't do that sort of thing. We did a lot about copyright of software and art and various other things. Music was only touched on. Some of the first lectures were like Show and Tell: University Edition :rolleyes: The airy-fairy one didn't know what her right arm was doing!

Lol, it's like something out of Hogwarts.
    Thanks for all that info. I'll use it in my exams alright. No I don't think we did. The Kate photo scandal was only mentioned briefly.

No problem. I wouldn't say the paparazzi was to blame for her death though as IIRC the driver had alcohol in his system but still they exacerbated the situation. In a way Clooney kind of jumped the gun a bit by placing the blame firmly in the hands of the paparazzi given the toxicology results that would later emerge. Still though, he had a valid point especially as he's not one who's very anti-media. He's actually very supportive of media and journalism when it's done in a particular way, and he's a very good example of a celebrity who manages to keep his privacy somewhat intact while using his celebrity to draw attention to issues such as the Sudanese conflict.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)
    Forum Member
    Morning! :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HM, how dare you label Lana a sell out on one of those threads. How very dare you?
    Just kidding. All is good :)
    Forum Member
    Lol, it's like something out of Hogwarts.

Of course it is! Speaking of Hogwarts, there is a lecturer in the Law department of my university whose second name is McGonagall! (spelt a bit differently but I didn't want to post the other spelling on here) Very interesting college I go to, huh? :D
This discussion has been closed.