Options

The Michael Moon/Steve John Shepherd Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALLOWEEN SPOILER PICS - nothing super spoilery, but obviously, don't click if you want to remain completely un-spoiled.

Who here is going to read the spoilers at midnight tonight? I think I'm going to try to resist. I want to have some surprises. Although I expect they'll keep some of the details back anyway.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link - loving SJS' hair :D
  • Options
    HannahEEHannahEE Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The photos look brilliant, very spooky! Part of me is looking forward to it and the rest of me is dreading it :(
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The pictures look brilliant and very atmospheric :)
    SJS looks gorgeous (I love the shirt). I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes, i just wish they weren't his last :(
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I've decided. Michael isn't leaving. I won't allow it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a good way to look at it Jayma :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm volunteering my services for your crew, Jayma. When do we march on Elstree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michael is great tonight as always :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    I've decided. Michael isn't leaving. I won't allow it.
    *jumps to feet* Yes miss whatever you say miss! :eek: so whats the plan of action then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Michael's scenes, as ever. Just wish there'd been more of them. :(

7 episodes to go... SIGH.
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allof and suspicious...love his description of himself.

What...only seven.thats depressing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "There are two reasons why I walk around all aloof and superior: The first reason, is because clearly I am."

Brilliant. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    "There are two reasons why I walk around all aloof and superior: The first reason, is because clearly I am."

Brilliant. :D

When he started that line i actually lent forward to hear it as i knew it would be a good line :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how Michael has turned Alice, previously one of the nicest characters in the Square, into a conniving little bitch. Quite comical how quickly and easily he's done it too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I'm not ready for him to leave yet! I wish they'd left his death until Christmas, or better still, never! :'(
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I adore Michael. I'm gutted he will be gone soon. I just hope his exit is fitting to him and I hope he gets more screentime too, especially considering there are only 7 episodes of him left. Exits in the last year or so have not been so good so it doesn't give me much hope (even though the spoilers do sound better than previous exits)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe_Ann wrote: »
    I'm not ready for him to leave yet! I wish they'd left his death until Christmas, or better still, never! :'(
    My thoughts exactly. :(
    JoanneK wrote: »
    Have to say I adore Michael. I'm gutted he will be gone soon. I just hope his exit is fitting to him and I hope he gets more screentime too, especially considering there are only 7 episodes of him left. Exits in the last year or so have not been so good so it doesn't give me much hope (even though the spoilers do sound better than previous exits)
    Yep. At least his exit has a chance of being memorable. I still wish they weren't killing him off but I suppose it's better to go out with a bang than a pathetic whimper like Jack did last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He had some great lines tonight :D
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Michael was brilliant again tonight. I loved the 'aloof and superior' line in particular :D
    SJS didn't win at the Inside Soap Awards :(
    I really hope he gets something at the BSA's next year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michael was brilliant again tonight. I loved the 'aloof and superior' line in particular :D
    SJS didn't win at the Inside Soap Awards :(
    I really hope he gets something at the BSA's next year!

Yeh fingers crossed he's nominated! I can't believe he has never been nominated for a BSA at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble with these awards the same people get nominated and the public vote the same people. I mean michelle keegan winning sexist female all the time is stupid and boring.
    Long term actors who have better storylines don't get a look in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it SJS didn't attend the Inside Soap awards tonight then? I scrolled through the gallery of pics on DS and there's no sign of him. Not that I expected him to go. These events are not really his thing, are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I take it SJS didn't attend the Inside Soap awards tonight then? I scrolled through the gallery of pics on DS and there's no sign of him. Not that I expected him to go. These events are not really his thing, are they?

No I don't think I've ever seen him at a Soap/TV awards. The only interview we've seen is with him at the TV/theatre awards thing where he presented an award.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Just read that. :) Is it me, or does he sound half in-character in the interview? A lot of his vocab is very Michael!

Interesting what he said about changing Michael's 'wideboy' character and re-creating him from scratch. That was definitely the right decision and it's good that he was given that sort of free reign.