Robbie Roscoe/Charlie Vernham Appreciation Thread

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one other than Freddie should have been nominated. I just feel like the actor has the constant :o face for every emotion he plays. Sorry, that's just my opinion. I agree that it should have been Robbie and or Leela too.

I'm really enjoying Robbie/Pheobe by the way; and I love how he admitted to her that he had treated JP badly but is now trying to change. I can understand why he held back on the whole truth as Daemon (Finn) is a horrible, but scary person.

I also loved his little scene with Jason as well. Nice to see they are still extremely close despite not being seen together a lot recently! Maybe he will find out about Jason's situation and help him?

I doubt Freddie will win. I was torn with the Phoebe/Robbie romance because of everything that has happened but they are cute together and they work well together.
    I also loved the scene with Jason we need to see more scenes like this.
    I hope if he does find out he helps him, poor Jason :(
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys.

I like both jason and robbie and i agree i love their scenes together especially tonight. I hope we see robbie worried about jasons whereabouts and not just shrug it off. Is it weird i wanted to see a little hug between them.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the thread. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Robbie. Always have, even if he can be despicable sometimes. I think he is the most talented actor of the Roscoes, and my favourite Roscoe.

Very complex character. Very good looking too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really like Robbie now too. The kiss with Phoebe took me by surprise as I thought they didn't kiss until Friday. Ha - the look on Finn's face when they kissed. Serves you right Finn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really like Robbie now too. The kiss with Phoebe took me by surprise as I thought they didn't kiss until Friday. Ha - the look on Finn's face when they kissed. Serves you right Finn.

It took me by surprise as well :D Finn is vile, he used a date rape drug and he will probably use it again. We know that Phoebedoesn't know yet (from Mandip's interview) so it looks like they will still be together in the coming months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    It took me by surprise as well :DFinn is vile, he used a date rape drug and he will probably use it again. We know that Phoebe doesn't know yet (from Mandip's interview) so it looks like they will still be together in the coming months.

I agree with the line in bold and yes I hope Robbie and Phoebe will be together though I don't know about "months" because JP is back in May and sooner or later he will speak up about Finn - unlikely he'll be believed though :( and surely he'll be released on license in June/July as we know he behaved well in prison and pleaded guilty to hitting Robbie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the line in bold and yes I hope Robbie and Phoebe will be together though I don't know about "months" because JP is back in May and sooner or later he will speak up about Finn - unlikely he'll be believed though :( and surely he'll be released on license in June/July as we know he behaved well in prison and pleaded guilty to hitting Robbie.

I don't know how in advance they film and reading her interview it looks like they don't know the truth yet.
    It's all going to end badly when the truth comes out, I hate that they changed the statements, why didn't they keep things how they were with Robbie trying to help JP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how in advance they film and reading her interview it looks like they don't know the truth yet.
    It's all going to end badly when the truth comes out, I hate that they changed the statements, why didn't they keep things how they were with Robbie trying to help JP.

I agree. They should have done that. I was quite moved by Robbie's real statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking today - they should have just had Robbie 's main storyline when he arrived in Hollyoaks to have been the JP bullying and putting peer pressure on Finn and not had that nonsense about the armed robbery, lying about his uncle etc. Then, when Robbie found out about the swapped statements he could have attacked Finn calling him sick and depraved and Finn could have put him in a stranglehold and threatened to harm Phoebe if Robbie tried to retract Finn's lies or go to the police. Finn could have driven his point home by hanging out with Phoebe and building up a friendship with her. Robbie could have frequented the places where Finn and Phoebe hung out to keep an eye on them and be so caught up in doing this that he would have no time to report Finn to the police and retract his lies and then had the drugs week from Friday 25th to Friday 2nd as usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lizzie, I agree they went ott with the badboy image, they should have just stuck to the bullying.
    I'm hoping for some Robbie/JP scenes when JP comes out of prison, maybe Robbie can encourage JP to tell the police. It's annoying that they went down the prison route because it makes Robbie look like he doesn't care, they should have just sent JP away to go and spend time with his mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lizzie, I agree they went ott with the badboy image, they should have just stuck to the bullying.
    I'm hoping for some Robbie/JP scenes when JP comes out of prison, maybe Robbie can encourage JP to tell the police. It's annoying that they went down the prison route because it makes Robbie look like he doesn't care, they should have just sent JP away to go and spend time with his mum.

To be fair we don't know that he would have avoided prison even if Robbie's real statement had been read out. I am hoping that he would have got a suspended sentence but he might still have got 2-3 months.

I agree with the part in bold.

Well hopefully JP will be back in a fortnight or else the storyline will pick up in a different way with the focus on Finn and Robbie. We haven't had to wait longer than a week or a fortnight before.

I just thought my way would make Robbie's delay in reporting Finn's crime to the police more understandable and more people would be sorry for Robbie then. It's a shame they didn't have Robbie write to JP to say that Finn swapped the statements - then at least JP would know Robbie didn't betray him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any spoilers regarding JP, I hope he gets let out early. It will be good to see him getting his life back on track and then finally having the courage to tell everyone about Finn with Robbie supporting him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, definitely.

Robbie must tell him that Finn wrote those lies. It's impossible for JP to nail Finn without Robbie's help and support and equally impossible for Robbie to get Finn thrown into prison unless JP admits he was raped. They have to work together and with Phoebe now dating Robbie, it's an interesting dynamic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I hate Finn and his smug little looks he gives when he think he has won. I can't wait for everyone to know what a vile individual he is !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I hate Finn and his smug little looks he gives when he think he has won. I can't wait for everyone to know what a vile individual he is !!!

Same here.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, definitely.

Robbie must tell him that Finn wrote those lies. It's impossible for JP to nail Finn without Robbie's help and support and equally impossible for Robbie to get Finn thrown into prison unless JP admits he was raped. They have to work together and with Phoebe now dating Robbie, it's an interesting dynamic.

Hi Lizzie

Just noticed this thread. I really hope Hollyoaks do more than the odd scene between JP & Robbie. Robbie is the only other person who knows the full story of what happened on that night and I really can't wait to see them in scenes together and to see how they will act around each other. I really hope Robbie does tell JP about the statement & Finn's threats to him! I have softened to Robbie. Just wish the show was more realistic in characters reactions and continuity. I would have expected him to get a hard time from the McQueen’s because i think it's more realistic with what they know. I wish it hadn't taken something as horrific as the rape of JP to open Robbie's eyes to his own behaviour. He still has some way to go, but he is trying.
    Out of all the Roscoe’s, I most look forward to seeing Robbie's scenes and then it would be Jason. I really hope it's true that Jason will be searching for their real father as I think that would be really interesting to see, especially if he does find him and Robbie is unhappy about it. Might be a few hidden skeletons in the closet to come out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lizzie

Just noticed this thread. I really hope Hollyoaks do more than the odd scene between JP & Robbie. Robbie is the only other person who knows the full story of what happened on that night and I really can't wait to see them in scenes together and to see how they will act around each other. I really hope Robbie does tell JP about the statement & Finn's threats to him! I have softened to Robbie. Just wish the show was more realistic in characters reactions and continuity. I would have expected him to get a hard time from the McQueen’s because i think it's more realistic with what they know. I wish it hadn't taken something as horrific as the rape of JP to open Robbie's eyes to his own behaviour. He still has some way to go, but he is trying.
    Out of all the Roscoe’s, I most look forward to seeing Robbie's scenes and then it would be Jason. I really hope it's true that Jason will be searching for their real father as I think that would be really interesting to see, especially if he does find him and Robbie is unhappy about it. Might be a few hidden skeletons in the closet to come out!

Hi Marianne, welcome to the thread. :)

I agree with the bit in bold and am really glad you have softened towards Robbie. I wasn't sure what your stance on Robbie was which was why I didn't send you an invite by PM like I did with the others but I am glad you have joined too. :)

As for it taking something horrific like JP being raped by Finn to open Robbie's eyes to his own behaviour and try to change, I think that's actually quite realistic. For a bully, it would take something very serious to make them change their behaviour - either that or falling in love with someone. I know I was an idiot when I was eight (though I never did what Robbie did) but when I fell in love with a friend a year later I softened considerably despite it being unrequited.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Marianne, welcome to the thread. :)

I agree with the bit in bold and am really glad you have softened towards Robbie. I wasn't sure what your stance on Robbie was which was why I didn't send you an invite by PM like I did with the others but I am glad you have joined too. :)

As for it taking something horrific like JP being raped by Finn to open Robbie's eyes to his own behaviour and try to change, I think that's actually quite realistic. For a bully, it would take something very serious to make them change their behaviour - either that or falling in love with someone. I know I was an idiot when I was eight (though I never did what Robbie did) but when I fell in love with a friend a year later I softened considerably despite it being unrequited.

With Robbie I've always been a bit torn. I like Charlie who plays him and think Robbie is a good character. I always look forward to seeing him on screen and actually would prefer to see more of him than some other characters who monopolise the show. I get frustrated over continuity of characters and realism. I know you don't like anyone being mean about Robbie but think Hollyoaks should show that if it's in keeping with the characters and how they would react in certain situations. When they don't I can be a bit harsh about it, that doesn't mean I hate Robbie.

I am glad Robbie is showing genuine remorse and a softer side. He can be very likable now, but I do hate his past homophobia. Whatever his feeling are about gays I do hope he never bully’s any individual or groups he doesn’t get again & don't actually think he will. He seems to have stopped his bullying since finding out about the rape which is a good sign. (He still stole from Sinead, so I know he has a way to go yet!)

I do see how him finding out about the rape and his involvement in it lead to him examining his own behaviour. I find it sad that it would take something as serious as rape to do that, and find it a shame he did not show remorse about unjustly accusing his uncle of abuse and stitching Jack up for Paedophilia. I hope he feels sorry for that now & think he should apologise to them too!

I still believe Robbie should face consequences for his actions. By him willing to face punishment & take full responsibility for his past actions (not just the rape) will make more people soften towards him and will redeem him in a lot of people’s eyes.

I want him to grow as a character and I do think if he continues wanting to become a better person and it’s realistically portrayed most people will like him.

With me, I am finding myself softening & liking him more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Robbie I've always been a bit torn. I like Charlie who plays him and think Robbie is a good character. I always look forward to seeing him on screen and actually would prefer to see more of him than some other characters who monopolise the show. I get frustrated over continuity of characters and realism. I know you don't like anyone being mean about Robbie but think Hollyoaks should show that if it's in keeping with the characters and how they would react in certain situations. When they don't I can be a bit harsh about it, that doesn't mean I hate Robbie.

I am glad Robbie is showing genuine remorse and a softer side. He can be very likable now, but I do hate his past homophobia. Whatever his feeling are about gays I do hope he never bully’s any individual or groups he doesn’t get again & don't actually think he will. He seems to have stopped his bullying since finding out about the rape which is a good sign. (He still stole from Sinead, so I know he has a way to go yet!)

I do see how him finding out about the rape and his involvement in it lead to him examining his own behaviour. I find it sad that it would take something as serious as rape to do that, and find it a shame he did not show remorse about unjustly accusing his uncle of abuse and stitching Jack up for Paedophilia. I hope he feels sorry for that now & think he should apologise to them too!

I still believe Robbie should face consequences for his actions. By him willing to face punishment & take full responsibility for his past actions (not just the rape) will make more people soften towards him and will redeem him in a lot of people’s eyes.

I want him to grow as a character and I do think if he continues wanting to become a better person and it’s realistically portrayed most people will like him.

With me, I am finding myself softening & liking him more
    !

I've liked him ever since he found out what Finn did to JP.

I agree with Pirscilla that they took the bad boy image too far. If they wanted to redeem him they should have just stuck to the JP bullying and maybe small things like sleeping with Freddie's girlfriend behind his back and not had the more serious stuff like the lies about his uncle etc - then Finn's lies would be completely out of character for Robbie if you know what I mean and more people would wonder whether Robbie did actually write that statement and start asking questions. Also more people would like Robbie and feel sorry for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've escaped to this thread again because I'm tired of the Robbie hate elsewhere. I just saw an interesting spoiler about Robbie struggling with his mock A level exams - I wonder if they will have Robbie start to struggle with the stress of having to keep Finn's evil secret. It seems so unrealistic that he hasn't shown signs of stress over it so far. That's such a big secret to keep and we know he's not keeping quiet willingly but only under coercion.
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i read that nancy gives him extra tutorial for his school work and he develops a crush on her but not sure if its true.
    I wonder if we will see him when jason comes home., its annoying we haven't seen his reaction. I think rick could possibly be the twins dad.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is just too much hate on here for Robbie unforgiving lot. I like him and we seem to be a minority that do! I only read about the exam papers but thought Finn would be the one to do something to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    There is just too much hate on here for Robbie unforgiving lot. I like him and we seem to be a minority that do! I only read about the exam papers but thought Finn would be the one to do something to them.

I agree with this - I wish some posters would give the poor guy a break. I'm glad you like him as well though I agree we are a minority.

Maybe Finn does do something to the exam papers just to get at Robbie. We won't know for certain until more detailed spoilers come out for that week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becsie wrote: »
    I think i read that nancy gives him extra tutorial for his school work and he develops a crush on her but not sure if its true.
    I wonder if we will see him when jason comes home., its annoying we haven't seen his reaction. I think rick could possibly be the twins dad.

It probably is true but it's silly plot writing to throw that in when he's supposed to be going out with Phoebe. Any crush on Nancy should have happened before he got together with Phoebe though yes sometimes people can get confused.