Baby seagull trying to enter house

humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Came home to find a massive "baby" seagull standing on my doorstep trying to enter my house. Of course the door was closed so it could not get it but it did not stop it trying. I finally managed to get it to go away by pointing at it to go down the steps. It was very tame and not scared of humans at all. It eventually wandered off and moments later bumped into the neighbours small kitten. The kitten seemed freaked out by the gull and ran away. Usually the gulls dive at me if there are babies around but the parents of this one were either not in sight or not bothered.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool story bro, i saw a seagull today in the road trying to eat some food that had been dropped
  • Ninja_NathanNinja_Nathan Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I once bought fish and chips, from Rick Steins chip shop in padstow, it cost me something ridiculous like £13 but man it was good.
    Anyway, I'm walking down the street, all of a sudden THWACK a seagull smashes me in the back of the head. I drop my fish and chips and about 20 seagulls swooped in to eat it all.
    I hope they all died a painful death afterwards, because I did not have another £13 to spend on chips and so ended up having a bag of monster munch and a pint of beer for dinner. **** that day. And every last one of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    If it was a big baby then you might find that baby is out on his/her own now. I feed the gulls at the bottom of my garden. There seem to be quite a few very young ones with feet disabilities this year. :(
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I got dive-bombed by seagulls on Barmouth beach when I was about 7 and eating a sandwich. I've had a fear of them ever since.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once bought fish and chips, from Rick Steins chip shop in padstow, it cost me something ridiculous like £13 but man it was good.
    Anyway, I'm walking down the street, all of a sudden THWACK a seagull smashes me in the back of the head. I drop my fish and chips and about 20 seagulls swooped in to eat it all.
    I hope they all died a painful death afterwards, because I did not have another £13 to spend on chips and so ended up having a bag of monster munch and a pint of beer for dinner. **** that day. And **** every last one of them.
    God that sounds awful I remember how pissed off I was when I dropped my Greggs sausage roll and a seagill swooped down and ate it. I'd be livid if one ate my £13 fish supper.
    Forum Member
    Do you live by the seaside, avasgranny?

*jealous*
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once attacked by a seagull and am wary of them ever since.
    Forum Member
    I got dive-bombed by seagulls on Barmouth beach when I was about 7 and eating a sandwich. I've had a fear of them ever since.

Lol sorry Frankie, didn't mean to laugh. Must put up a photo of my gulls being hand fed. Even the wee ones wait patiently and like being hand fed.
    Forum Member
    Do you live by the seaside, avasgranny?

*jealous*

Yes I do, the sea bashes off my garden wall. Which is why I feed the gulls as I live in "their" territory. We have a great relationship I feed them and they don't mess on our car or my washing or even my windows. :):) All good.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever seen Birdemic op?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once had a pet budgie and he kept flying into the patio doors. Was funny at the time. Miss him. :(
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Yes I do, the sea bashes off my garden wall. Which is why I feed the gulls as I live in "their" territory. We have a great relationship I feed them and they don't mess on our car or my washing or even my windows. :):) All good.

Ah, so lucky! I'd love to live by the sea. Seagulls and all. I could grow to like them...I think. I might need therapy first though. :D
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they all died a painful death afterwards, because I did not have another £13 to spend on chips and so ended up having a bag of monster munch and a pint of beer for dinner. **** that day. And every last one of them.

You might enjoy this video then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeTdO8lMJk

Just replace chickens with seagulls
    Forum Member
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Once had a pet budgie and he kept flying into the patio doors. Was funny at the time. Miss him. :(

Is that how he died? Head-butting the patio doors?
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once saw four men sat on a bench on the prom with a Gregg's carrier bag - presumably full of pies - between them on the bench getting ambushed by three seagulls working as a team.
    Two of the gulls divebombed the men to scatter them and the third seagull picked up the carrier bag and flew off with it.
    It was highly comical to see, but I bet it was bloody scary if you were one of the people on the receiving end of a seagull in full plummet mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that how he died? Head-butting the patio doors?

No, old age. Fell off his perch. :(
  • Ninja_NathanNinja_Nathan Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    You might enjoy this video then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeTdO8lMJk

Just replace chickens with seagulls

That's the best ever 'cool story bro' I've seen.
    Forum Member
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    No, old age. Fell off his perch. :(

Aw. RIP budgie. He's over at Rainbow Bridge now, head-butting patio doors to his heart's content.

(I've read the Pets Forum, I know this to be true)
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    If it was a big baby then you might find that baby is out on his/her own now. I feed the gulls at the bottom of my garden. There seem to be quite a few very young ones with feet disabilities this year. :(

Stop feeding them thalidomide.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't feed them, which is why they gather in huge groups to shit on my car I expect.:blush:
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    My grandmother once whacked a seagull with her walking stick on the prom in Aberystwyth.

It had attempted to get at a paste & cucumber sandwich.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one wandering around my street with a broken wing. I saw some kids throwing stones at the poor sod so I caught it in a cat carrier and put it in my shed. I gave it some bread soaked in milk, it seems really hungry. There's not really much I can do for it, I'll call the SPCA but I know the outcome won't be good. :(
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Any 'chics' that stumble into my garden get shot and the same with any adults that try to nest on my roof.

I've done that ever since they attacked my kids when they were toddlers playing in the garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are a nightmare in Padstow, Steins chips are shite, the one next to the harbour are better. I've been there loads of times and tried Steins fish and chips, the seagulls were welcome to them, they even like Pasties:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any 'chics' that stumble into my garden get shot and the same with any adults that try to nest on my roof.

I've done that ever since they attacked my kids when they were toddlers playing in the garden.

I used to live in Dunbar and the house opposite allways had a shitehawks nest next to the chimney. It was a bugger to sleep on dayshift as the chicks started screetching at dawn.

I hated the bloody things.