Onscreen message on HDR-T2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This message started to appear on screen on Tues morning.

The service you require is currently not available, Please try again later. Comes up every 30 seconds or so.

Strange thing is that this only happens when I switch to BBC 2 BBC3 or BBC4 (doesn't do it on BBC One Scotland, BBC One HD or the BBC HD channel. I switched to the BBC channels on the TV itself and the message doesn't come up at all :confused:

Not sure what's going on.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a similar message pop up when changing channels. Most often when going between channels on different muxes, eg BBC1 to ITV1 or vice versa. Almost as if there is a delay tuning into the new mux.

Never seen it come up when actually watching a channel though. Have you checked signal strength and quality on the Humax? Could be the signal is hovering on the edge of the (in)famous "Digital Cliff" and the odd drop out is triggering this message?

Though I would expect that to happen on all channels on the mux, so if BBC2 etc are affected so should BBC 1. The HD channels I can understand as they are on a separate mux.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the signal strength seems fine but it does tend to drop now and then but never below 80%, max is around 89% with signal quality at 100% from the BlackHill transmitter.

Iv'e had the Humax on BBC One all morning and nothing has came up but as soon as I switch to BBC 2 then it appears :confused:
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it only appears when changing channel then I wouldn't get too worried. As I say I only ever see it when changing channels.

I suspect the tuner is a bit slower than whatever bit of electronic wizardry detects the lack of signal to pop up this message. So basically a false alarm 99.99999% of the time. Time to start worrying is when you change channel and whatever you tuned to does not appear! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    If it only appears when changing channel then I wouldn't get too worried. As I say I only ever see it when changing channels.

I suspect the tuner is a bit slower than whatever bit of electronic wizardry detects the lack of signal to pop up this message. So basically a false alarm 99.99999% of the time. Time to start worrying is when you change channel and whatever you tuned to does not appear! :)

Ok thanks for that chris :)