Desi Rascals

Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I started this thread bc I couldn't find one on here. Quite surprised as its a wonderful series. A right little gem. Very heartwarming. Much better than TOWIE or Chelsea. I can't discuss it as I've no-one to discuss it with lol. Just thought I'd put the subject on here. Maybe someone else other than me liked it

Comments

• moonlandingsmoonlandings Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started this thread bc I couldn't find one on here. Quite surprised as its a wonderful series. A right little gem. Very heartwarming. Much better than TOWIE or Chelsea. I can't discuss it as I've no-one to discuss it with lol. Just thought I'd put the subject on here. Maybe someone else other than me liked it

I love it too. It's far better than all the other 'structured reality' shows (or whatever they're called).
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly everyone's talking about it.
  • CassshaqCassshaq Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Another fan here:) I can't wait for the the 2nd season in the summer ...I Nat and Shomyle (Not sure if I spelt it correctly) get together, I I love MoJo :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard good things about it but haven't been able to watch it. Any ways to catch up online?
  • RiccieRiccie Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Being British Asian myself, I loved it! Just so funny, can barely wait for the next series.

AndreaS if you have Sky on demand you could probably catch up with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Yes - I enjoyed this too. Moses and Jo are my favourites. Can't stand Owais. Looking forward to the 2nd series!
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone gonna watch the second season tomorrow? It moves from Sky Living to Sky 1.
  • AneesaAneesa Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found the second season very different to the first. Looks very staged and not liking the new people.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the giant with the stutter I can't really tell them apart :confused:

Maybe I don't pay enough attention :blush:
  • don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed the first series but not too sure about the new one - early days! I agree that it's hard to work out who is who. Seem to be new faces with no explanation as to how they fit in. As I posted on the TOWIE thread, Jasmine featured in TOWIE. until recently. Conveniently moved West it seems.

I think the Desi Rascals cast seem much more likeable than the TOWIE lot and it's good to see more of the parents. Manoj(?) father of the two girls and his white wife come across as a genuine couple even if he fusses too much over the daughters!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness, the Scottish girl is absolutely breathtaking, reminds me a bit of a young Sophia Loren.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    i don't really see the need for jasmin walia.

solomon's friend adam has been a good addition, as well as the unexpected half pakistani jason.

it's interesting to note that most of the stories are revolving around the pakistani descent cast members. i think they are struggling for indians a bit- only jo and natalie (who are half indian) could be considered as part of the core group of pakistanis.

the pakistanis all seem to be very well integrated aswell, contrary to popular misconceptions. i think they need to add a few more beautiful indians, because there's only kavita repping them at the moment.

dila/govi/bijraj will obviously be gone by next week. most of the indians from last season have been axed too.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fan here! I watched a bit of the first series but didn't really have time to get into it properly now I'm starting with series 2 and I like it! Yasmin is just gorgeous! Which ones are Pakistani out of interest? The only criticism I have is that it seems to be very boys vs girls at the moment and I'm not sure who is friends with who in terms of opposite genders if that makes sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I might be missing some, but basically:

Pakistani: Owais, Yasmin, Rita (half-Italian), Faryal, Moses, Anj, Shmoyel, Jason (half-Pakistani), Solomon

Indian: Kavita, Shreena, Prakash, Jo and Natalie (half-Indian), Jasmin Walia (I think she is half-Indian). Most of the parents are Indian apart from Celia obviously.

Adam is Greek, and Wajma appears to be Afghan or something. I don't think she is Pakistani or Indian.

I really like the show overall, but it's just something I've noticed. There's a lack of Sikh's too which is surprisins as Gurinder Chadha who produced it is Sikh I think.
  • Bunny-GirlBunny-Girl Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started watching this im loving it so far can't believe i didn't discover this show sooner can't wait for next week's episode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I have watched 2 episodes and I really like it. Who says there needs to be high TOWIE like drama for a reality show like this to work.

I didnt see season 1 so I cant comment on the comparisons and it being 'less real'. I kinda expect a bit of contruction with reality shows now. It is so frustrating that you can only watch season 1 if you're a Sky customer.

As for the characters. I really like Jason, Shreena, Nat, Rita and Shmoyel. I think Yasmin is so beautiful. Her make up and eyebrows are flawless.

I hope this show gets a pick up in exposure and ratings and here's to a season 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beauty of Feryal clearly brings out the worst in stutter boy. I loathe him.
  • don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I'm coming to the conclusion that he (Owais) has issues with women. I recall in series 1 that he had heated arguments and was rude to at least two other of the girls (can't remember which ones).

Unless I'm mistaken Solomon was in "The Apprentice" a couple of years ago. Yes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm coming to the conclusion that he (Owais) has issues with women. I recall in series 1 that he had heated arguments and was rude to at least two other of the girls (can't remember which ones).

Unless I'm mistaken Solomon was in "The Apprentice" a couple of years ago. Yes?

Yes, good spot!

http://www.desiblitz.com/content/solomon-akhtar-new-man-desi-rascals
  • LondonCityGirl_LondonCityGirl_ Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Owais is disgusting - they should kick him off the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owais is disgusting - they should kick him off the show.

He's awful and I get the feeling that a lot of it is genuinely him, not the scripts/storylines - he's a nasty, nasty piece of work.

Still, he brings the drama I suppose.
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneesa wrote: »
    Found the second season very different to the first. Looks very staged and not liking the new people.

Agree with you. Tho some of it seems real. Still in the liking it stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt watch the first season.

If it was less fake, was it nevertheless still very interesting?
  • Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to see more of Shmoyel, he is so fit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan51 wrote: »
    We need to see more of Shmoyel, he is so fit

He's the only male eye candy, that name though - sounds like something from Fiddler on the Roof :o