The facts are this. Cameron said to Scotland and I quote

'stay with the UK and lead the way on political change'

Its happening and he is doing his best to block it

Now why is that OK with some people?
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Brawlad wrote: »
    Must be mixing you up with the other poster with UK at the end of their name, inadvertently. My apologies if that is so

lol , now you really are getting desperate by making such a wild assumption that the "uk" at the end of my username means anything from a political perspective

if you must know I have used this name on online forums and gaming for over 20 years , ever since one of the first online games I played I was in a clan of all UK based players and we all had -1uk suffix on our usernames

absolutely nothing to do with politics or unionism or my allegiances

but it does say a lot about you and your comrades on here that you make that assumption given this is far from the first time it has been used incorrectly
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member

When he said stay, he actually meant "stay quiet and subservient" ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

he trying to block it because it might stop him continuing as prime minister , its got nothing to do with where the SNP are from or who they represent , they are a threat to his ambitions that's all

if UKIP looked like getting 40-50 seats then the tory propaganda machine would be attacking them in the same way
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    lol , now you really are getting desperate by making such a wild assumption that the "uk" at the end of my username means anything from a political perspective

if you must know I have used this name on online forums and gaming for over 20 years , ever since one of the first online games I played I was in a clan of all UK based players and we all had -1uk suffix on our usernames

absolutely nothing to do with politics or unionism or my allegiances

but it does say a lot about you and your comrades on here that you make that assumption given this is far from the first time it has been used incorrectly

No assumption, just mixed you up with another poster who has UK at the end of their name. I have apologised so no need to climb the lofty equine
  • Options
    Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    So my friends are lying are they? Since indyref and in the last couple of weeks particularly they are finding an increasing amount of 'you ****ing Jocks are trying to break up our country' and similar comments, usually in an aggressive tone.

I dunno, but that's not what I'm getting from my friends. Maybe your friends are putting it out there that they are SNP supporting separatists:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    And the Tories are encouraging that atmosphere from boneheads. :( In fairness the SNP has a lot of thugs among their supporters too (as well as decent people too)

I really think the Tories have lost all sense of reality and decency now following May's comments. They always managed to hide their nasty side from many over the past few years with good PR but they're not even trying to anymore. Even the Daily Mail commentators aren't happy with their conduct and bullshit.

They are simply trying to say that Scotland's SNP are too dangerous to have a sniff of power sharing.

They think it will win them votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are simply trying to say that Scotland's SNP are too dangerous to have a sniff of power sharing.

They think it will win them votes.

And lose them the union. Small minded politics from small minded politicians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No assumption, just mixed you up with another poster who has UK at the end of their name. I have apologised so no need to climb the lofty equine

and given i am the only poster in this thread with "uk" at the end of my username thats a pretty lame excuse

to be expected however
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    and given i am the only poster in this thread with "uk" at the end of my username thats a pretty lame excuse

to be expected however

I read multiple threads on the Scottish situation .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem to one of the ones being led by the nose by the press and tv with all the fuss you are making. Ever had the feeling you have been had?

From where I'm sitting your the one that's been had. While others attempt to explain why the Tories are doing this you seem to be lapping it all up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And lose them the union. Small minded politics from small minded politicians.

But it won't lose them the union in the short term will it as there won't be a referendum for at least ten years.

I would have thought you would be happy for a Tory win anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From where I'm sitting your the one that's been had. While others attempt to explain why the Tories are doing this you seem to be lapping it all up.

Not at all, I know exactly why the Tories are doing this.
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, how do the Tories win the election?

Convince the electorate that they have 'saved the economy' or attempt to frighten them to death about some sort of 'unknown' agreement between Labour and the SNP? Presumably, they think of the British public as more 'gullible' than 'great'?

This is probably the most negative campaign I can remember. The Daily Conservative runs the same headline every day, just linking it to a different politician. Today it is the turn of the everyone's favourite Tory clothes bag.

We even have Clegg joining in. Who cares about him? The man has sold his party down the river for his five minutes of 'power'. The party is already at the bottom of a very steep cliff. In all likelihood he will hardly have any seats left to bargain with.

Someone was talking about Nicola Sturgeon's hatred of the Tories. I think there is a clear difference between hatred and a passionate dislike of their policies. It is that passion that has set her aside from the other leaders. It is easy to see how that attitude might have widespread appeal and leave others somewhat jealous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But it won't lose them the union in the short term will it as there won't be a referendum for at least ten years.

I would have thought you would be happy for a Tory win anyway?

Lol. People have long memories, especially the Scots.

Where have I said I would be happy with a Tory win. Is that you up to your old tricks of making things up again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol. People have long memories, especially the Scots.

Where have I said I would be happy with a Tory win. Is that you up to your old tricks of making things up again?

In actuality the Scots don't have any longer memory than any other nation. I think you making that up unless you can link to some scientific study.

Also I said I would have thought that you wanted the Tories to win. Not that you said it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In actuality the Scots don't have any longer memory than any other nation. I think you making that up unless you can link to some scientific study.

Also I said I would have thought that you wanted the Tories to win. Not that you said it.

Well you must have some facts to back up that you thought I wanted the Tories to win. As I asked " are you just making things up again"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you must have some facts to back up that you thought I wanted the Tories to win. As I asked " are you just making things up again"

Well based on the majority of your anti Labour posts and seeing as how they've let Scotland down, according to you, then why would you want to see them in Government?

Thats why I thought you would like to see the Tories win.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Well based on the majority of your anti Labour posts and seeing as how they've let Scotland down, according to you, then why would you want to see them in Government?

Ever heard of the lesser of two evils? After all, one of the two will be in government.

Struggling to see why you would think Brawlad, just because he thinks Labour have let Scotland down (which they have) would automatically want the Tories in government.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Strange logic there BS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange logic there BS

Not really, you hate Labour but would be willing for them to form a government.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Ever heard of the lesser of two evils? After all, one of the two will be in government.

Struggling to see why you would think Brawlad, just because he thinks Labour have let Scotland down (which they have) would automatically want the Tories in government.

I'm struggling to wonder why Labour have just let Scotland down? Haven't they let everyone in the UK down? What specific to Scotland have they let down?
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, because Scotland was such a great place to live during previous Tory governments!
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really, you hate Labour but would be willing for them to form a government.

Hate is such a strong word.

Anyway, I dislike Labour. However I dislike the tories even more. Therefore, given that the next Government will be led by one of those two I would prefer a Labour Government as I dislike them less.

It is pretty straightforward.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm struggling to wonder why Labour have just let Scotland down? Haven't they let everyone in the UK down? What specific to Scotland have they let down?

If you need to ask then you do not understand politics in Scotland.