BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    I thought it was B for b*llocks, some of em ive read :o
    I call twitter, Twatter after the people who use it
    The rabble hoover, the middles vacuum and the poshest get their maids to do the dysoning:D
    obviously Hoova for me :D
    OH does the dysoning here, apparently you dont just 'hoover' the bits that show you have to pull the furniture out as you go along, who would have thought :D
    pah Ijust do the bits that show till the main hoover
    Do you have curtain ties? For me a difference between living with a woman and not is the presence or lack of curtain ties in the house. Oh, and potpourri.

And you can sit on the toilet all day if you want with the door open
    Good news , im getting a lift to Aldi :)...Bad news im going to miss a big chunk of Everton v Sunderland in order to do it :(

All I can say is E-V_E_R_T_O_N Everton, Everton:D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Cheered me up no end, still chuckling now!

Balders, thanks so much for this. Zynga have published a link to use for complaints about games not loading etc but the link, clasically, doesn't work and when it does you need the UID number - instructions for which are in a link which also doesn't work!! So frustrating.

Easily done, did you eat the leaves??!

You of all people should know that Bella:rolleyes:

I don't think they're aimed at people like us! Young people who are always up for fun will probably have a wonderful time and not mind being unpaid slaves - for them it's the experience that matters.

Did you get it sorted then ??
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

obviously Hoova for me :D

pah Ijust do the bits that show till the main hoover

And you can sit on the toilet all day if you want with the door open

All I can say is E-V_E_R_T_O_N Everton, Everton:D

Thats what I do, not using the Dyson though because its heavy and I get fed up lugging it about so use a lightweight Bissell vacuum in the week and he does the main job at the weekend :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I got the idea from a newspaper article on selling your house, which suggested a spray of furniture polish before prospective buyers arrive. But I have found Mr Sheen alone gives that olde-furniture-polishy smell. Sometimes I just spray it around for my own benefit: it cheers me up. Little things please little minds.
    I like the smell of soap but i dont think that would be much help for a house sale.:D
    I wouldn't listen to an estate agent on baking bread. I doubt estate agents have ever baked bread in their lives.

An estate agent was showing a couple and their daughter round next door yesterday and I eavesdropped on them in the garden. The daughter was an utterly annoying little spoilt madam, whom the parents ooed and cooed over. It sounded as if the kid ran the show. So I was most delighted when they asked her what she thought of the place and she declared in a sulky voice that she didn't like it. I'm good with kids, but that one just might have been an exception.

:D If it happens again just wee against the fence while talking to them aggressively about local gangs.:D
    Forum Member
    Thats what I do, not using the Dyson though because its heavy and I get fed up lugging it about so use a lightweight Bissell vacuum in the week and he does the main job at the weekend :D

I don't think my CL has ever actually touched ours. :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    I'd rather hang-glide naked into a Borneo bat cave than go shopping on a Saturday.

That might be worth a look:cool:
    Hicky wrote: »
    I bet you do, what about the table though?.:D

Filth.
    One of the houses we looked at before our move absolutely stunk of cigarettes and dog :eek: I think a caff would have been preferable. :D

WE have a dog and a smoker so I'm always very aware of both smells. Dog doesn't go on furniture so it's easy to wash her bed often, then she just smells like a dog. Cigarette smoke - down to me to make sure it goes outside, which is why I always have windows open even when it's freezing!
    I wouldn't listen to an estate agent on baking bread. I doubt estate agents have ever baked bread in their lives.

An estate agent was showing a couple and their daughter round next door yesterday and I eavesdropped on them in the garden. The daughter was an utterly annoying little spoilt madam, whom the parents ooed and cooed over. It sounded as if the kid ran the show. So I was most delighted when they asked her what she thought of the place and she declared in a sulky voice that she didn't like it. I'm good with kids, but that one just might have been an exception.

Years ago when we sold our townhouse, a couple came to view with a similarly spoilt lad, of about 9 or 10. The couple were down sizing as his business had gone bust and I felt quite sorry for the guy. They asked their son what he thought of the house, which was stupid of them, they must've known what he was like, and he said it was far too small for all his toys and if they bought it he'd go and live with his grandma.
    dog ends :D Aldi time ,,* waves to JoJo * :)

Ha ha - have fun Acker.
    Right, off to get down to the important work of the day (immersing myself in the sport ;): Cheers for the chat and banter.

I guess that's why OH was dashing about all morning, he's now taken to the sofa which suits me fine, I can loll about without interruption:)

I did thanks Balders, although the fault I wanted to complain about seems to have been fixed now! I've wondered for a long time how to find the UID though so I've written it down, thanks.

:D If it happens again just wee against the fence while talking to them aggressively about local gangs.:D

Ha ha - and mention that the police have just raided and taken your stash!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    That might be worth a look:cool:

Filth.

WE have a dog and a smoker so I'm always very aware of both smells. Dog doesn't go on furniture so it's easy to wash her bed often, then she just smells like a dog. Cigarette smoke - down to me to make sure it goes outside, which is why I always have windows open even when it's freezing!

Years ago when we sold our townhouse, a couple came to view with a similarly spoilt lad, of about 9 or 10. The couple were down sizing as his business had gone bust and I felt quite sorry for the guy. They asked their son what he thought of the house, which was stupid of them, they must've known what he was like, and he said it was far too small for all his toys and if they bought it he'd go and live with his grandma.

Ha ha - have fun Acker.

I guess that's why OH was dashing about all morning, he's now taken to the sofa which suits me fine, I can loll about without interruption:)

I did thanks Balders, although the fault I wanted to complain about seems to have been fixed now! I've wondered for a long time how to find the UID though so I've written it down, thanks.

Ha ha - and mention that the police have just raided and taken your stash!

If you had seen the state of the carpets in the house it was no surprise it smelt so bad, plus her cigarette end was still smouldering in the ashtray :eek: the house has been on the market for over 2 years, cant think why :D

I am braver than you I always smoke outside :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had seen the state of the carpets in the house it was no surprise it smelt so bad, plus her cigarette end was still smouldering in the ashtray :eek: the house has been on the market for over 2 years, cant think why :D

I am braver than you I always smoke outside :D

I've got to get more cleaning stuff since my smell returned to full strength:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got to get more cleaning stuff since my smell returned to full strength:D

Yes I should imagine now you have stopped you can smell a smoker from two streets away :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok that's quite enough for one day! I've cleaned all my windows & mirrors & cleaned the wooden blinds in the kitchen. I need a lie-down now! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I should imagine now you have stopped you can smell a smoker from two streets away :D

I hate when there's a smoker standing next to me, they really pong at times, & when you pass a doorway where they're all smoking too! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold me back! HERE I'm surprised Tesco sales aren't rocketing. :D:D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »

I wonder how many "for 2" sales they make :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »

I think it's safe to assume people wont be queuing up to buy them! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok that's quite enough for one day! I've cleaned all my windows & mirrors & cleaned the wooden blinds in the kitchen. I need a lie-down now! :eek::D

Very good, round of applause :D speaking for myself I have been generally lazing around today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good, round of applause :D speaking for myself I have been generally lazing around today :D
    Thank you very much. :D I did think about doing a spot of weeding.........however, thinking about it was as far as I got. :D
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    hiya arte :)..busy busy you. I see youve vacuumed and not hoovered ;)

I think I probably use both words interchangeably...

It sounds like you have done your bit for the day. How is Celeste and how do you get your bacon to stay on the egg?:)

I make them in tinfoil muffin cases...;)
    And whats an LC roll ?

Honey is correct!
    I'm enjoying both the Kevin Bridges and Sara Millican comedy series at the moment. Yes, they're a bit filthy, but I like to watch a portion of easygoing comedy when I'm tired, and I've picked these off iPlayer. Usually over a series the material gets very thin, but Sara is turning out a consistent standard of good standup between guests. Beats the likes of Frank Skinner, whose comedy is getting slower and twee-er as he ages. Millican gets a lot of stick for being on everything, but she's good value, for me. I don't blame her for seizing the moment when she's in demand. It never lasts--Jason Manford looks like he's already past his peak of ubiquity.

I really like her TV show, which has a couple of elements of the radio one. Have you listened to the newish panel game chaired by Miles Jupp "It's not who you know" - we think it is hilarious!
    I like the smell of soap but i dont think that would be much help for a house sale.:D

:D If it happens again just wee against the fence while talking to them aggressively about local gangs.
    :D

HaHahaHaha....
    Forum Member
    Sam's last appointment hardly took any time so he was home early and he and Celeste are sprawled on the balcony, beer in hand....well, only Sam has beer, obviously...:p

She has a little moan now and again but is otherwise all right and you could see she was longing to chase a huge bumble bee that blundered in...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much. :D I did think about doing a spot of weeding.........however, thinking about it was as far as I got. :D

Well you have got to save a few jobs for tomorrow, hopefully the weather will stay fine for it :D
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I think it's safe to assume people wont be queuing up to buy them! :D

They do it on purpose and people buy two and feel smug. They get the benefit of a two for one without reducing anything. Swines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you have got to save a few jobs for tomorrow, hopefully the weather will stay fine for it :D
    Don't want to use up all my energy, I may leave it until next weekend. :D
    They do it on purpose and people buy two and feel smug. They get the benefit of a two for one without reducing anything. Swines.
    Well if people aren't too bright & can't count, hell mend them I say. :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    It takes years to work out a deal like that for the customers.:D
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Sam's last appointment hardly took any time so he was home early and he and Celeste are sprawled on the balcony, beer in hand....well, only Sam has beer, obviously...:p

She has a little moan now and again but is otherwise all right and you could see she was longing to chase a huge bumble bee that blundered in...

Heeheehee...love the idea that both Sam and Celeste are sprawled with beers in hand:D:cool:

We have both a maid and a Dyson, but not in the same country...not quite sure where that puts us but I'm sure someone will put me right:p:D

Had a lovely quiet day, boys went carting with OH for his birthday and then we went out and ate our bodyweight in ribs in town...yum:D back home now and watching rugby (ignoring the Scotland result...) and road testing a wee malt :)
    cheers all:D
    Forum Member
    Oh, nearly forgot ~ re bedroom curtains....

The only time I have ever closed bedroom curtains was when we lived in a bungalow.Then, I used very flimsy curtains and stood a screen in the window space at night. I can't sleep in a really dark room.I'm not scared of the dark, or anything, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Fortunately, Sam can sleep any time, anywhere so it doesn't bother him.........

....and I don't care for tiebacks on curtains either but I do have some pretty magnetised ones that I use to hold the curtain out of the way when we are going in and out of balcony doors in the fine weather, otherwise, it would get covered in dust - no pot pourri either.....:p
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Heeheehee...love the idea that both Sam and Celeste are sprawled with beers in hand:D:cool:

We have both a maid and a Dyson, but not in the same country...not quite sure where that puts us but I'm sure someone will put me right:p:D

Had a lovely quiet day, boys went carting with OH for his birthday and then we went out and ate our bodyweight in ribs in town...yum:D back home now and watching rugby (ignoring the Scotland result...) and road testing a wee malt :)
    cheers all:D

** Cheers**:p
    I thought you were being dragged off sailing this weekend, was the carting in lieu?
    Forum Member
    Don't want to use up all my energy, I may leave it until next weekend. :D

Well if people aren't too bright & can't count, hell mend them I say. :D
    Indeed :D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Oh, nearly forgot ~ re bedroom curtains....

The only time I have ever closed bedroom curtains was when we lived in a bungalow.Then, I used very flimsy curtains and stood a screen in the window space at night. I can't sleep in a really dark room.I'm not scared of the dark, or anything, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Fortunately, Sam can sleep any time, anywhere so it doesn't bother him.........

....and I don't care for tiebacks on curtains either but I do have some pretty magnetised ones that I use to hold the curtain out of the way when we are going in and out of balcony doors in the fine weather, otherwise, it would get covered in dust - no pot pourri either.....:p
    There was a little shop in Lechlade about thirty years ago and the lady there made pot pourri by hand. I have no idea what she did to it but it was lovely. I have only smelt vile ones since.
This discussion has been closed.