The Official ITV Ice Dancing Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• digimon900digimon900 Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to wonder as well.
    The scores are huge and high even when skaters have stumbled and made glaring mistakes.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B****y morons dumping John, and please WTF was Andi Peters doing there again?

Please there is a reason why he got the push and his kiddy antics are frankly off putting. Please leave him out of the audience from now on.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like a clear run to the winners position for Bonnie

theres no other competion for her now

I seem to remember the same sort of thing being said on SCD about Zoe, and X-factor, and even Celebrity BB. :D

There's a long way to go yet (and John going out, like Maria in X-factor shows that no one is safe and it's a reminder - subtle or otherwise :rolleyes: that if someone has a favourite then they have to be voted for ;) )

These programmes run to a script as much as programmes like Coronation Street/Eastenders and I'm sure the script writers have a few more twists up their sleeve yet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    IKWSDD wrote:
    Iss it true that someone said earlier that the names of the skate off two are pre programmed into the panels buttons. If so, then it was rigged.

I think the bit you're referring to must have been on the ITV2 programme at 21.30

Robin explained that as soon as the two couples have skated each judge presses a button to say which pair they have chosen. That way there is time for the technical people to get the 'best bits' tape ready to show.

By the time each judge is asked for his/her vote they have already cast it, they simoply pass it on to Holly with a few comments.

This means that Robin is not in a position where he hears who the other four judges are voting for and, if its a two and two situation, as it was on Saturday, he is aware he must cast the deciding vote knowing that his choice is the all important one.

This seems very fair to me and I was pleased it was explained so clearly by Robin, I think a lot of the aspects of this programme that appear to be unfair probably have simple explanations but the programme makers haven't put the explanations to the vewers.

I'm still not sure how the judges' marks impact on the placings after the 'phone votes are in - can anybody explain that for me please?
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that it worked the same as SCD - say 5 people are left then tope with judges get 5 points, second 4 points, third 3 points, fourth 2 points and bottom 1 point.

The same is then done for the viewers votes, top with viewers 5 points, etc and then the point total added together so that the 2 who are bottom with the combined point total of judges and viewers are the ones who are in the skate off.

If it does work that way, then if there is a tie on points then the couple with the highest viewers vote takes it.

I'd guess it would be quite easy for the techie people to programme the panel voting A button and B button with a specific contestant name very quickly.
  • krissiikrissii Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I was round at my mothers house the other day and flicking thru her TV Times, and I don't know if anyone else has seen it but in the listing for Dancing on Ice, it says quite clearly 'at the end of the show, viewers get the chance to vote for their least favourite to go out'! Surely this can not have helped with regards to the voting, particularly in the case of John Barrowman!! :mad: