Options

Rich Hall's Presidential Grudge Match

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Broadcast on BBC4 the day before the election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0828lpl

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/10/28/26101/rich_hall_on_the_american_election#

Should be well worth a look if the 6 previous documentaries he's done for BBC4 are anything to go by

Comments

• Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him, a bit verbose, but entertaining and his programmes are well researched.

Thanks for the "heads up."
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the alert. Love his ironic and cynical style in documentaries. Should be fun to see what he makes of this US presidential clusterf***.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    He's done some satire on Radio 4 already covering the election, 3 parter IIRC.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him, a bit verbose, but entertaining and his programmes are well researched.

Thanks for the "heads up."

I'd agree they maybe go on a little, but will watch this.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On now. Here's the radio stuff:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080z2zd
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rich Hall. This should be good!
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was very good. i like rich, his comedy is very sharp and he certainly hit the nai on the head about American politics.

As Trump has now one, I wonder if he really will move permanently to the UK!
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great programme with wonderful insight into the american presidential election system which seems to have been pretty corrupt since it started. The vagueness of the American Constitution was fascinating as was the reason for the electoral college system, ( basically they didn't trust the peasants to vote for the right people).
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was absolutely fascinating and enjoyed it whilst learning a lot, particularly the pre JFK stuff which I didn't know a lot about. The fact that politicians were using the print media to slag each other off waaayyyy back when....things haven't really changed that much. I'd highly recommend it even if you're pretty much fed up of the whole thing at the moment! Rich is a great communicator as well as being funny.

And going by his comments at the end, we might be seeing even more of him now!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was very good. i like rich, his comedy is very sharp and he certainly hit the nai on the head about American politics.

As Trump has now one, I wonder if he really will move permanently to the UK!

I though he was already a permanent resident here
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Hall would be more like this on panel shows etc as it's a lot more interesting and funny than the persona he adopts for 8/10 Cats etc.