Belinda!!!

2»

Comments

• Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peg ODwyer wrote: »
    Martin can sell a few more carrots ;-)

He can sell the shampoo (or whatever's in the boxes) alongside the carrots. :D
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on Earth did she leave? Is this another SOC axing? She was a great character and it is an utter waste to axe her. Also what a stupid rushed exit that was.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having not watched tonights episode- love Belinda

What a shame.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved her sucj a shame.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    If he's dumped her (and Pam) for that dreadful Geraldine he needs sacking.😤 What a dreadful decision.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that Carli Norris retweeted this message on her Twitter account...

https://twitter.com/coll1986/status/797205273136025600

....it looks like she was axed. Terrible decision. Belinda had so much potential.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Given that Carli Norris retweeted this message on her Twitter account...

https://twitter.com/coll1986/status/797205273136025600

....it looks like she was axed. Terrible decision. Belinda had so much potential.
    I had assumed she'd left to focus on her business irl but if she was axed that's another baffling decision to add to the Lee/Cokers one. I wonder if EE is facing serious cutbacks.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh not a patch on Kat.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't it ever be Stacey :(
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling easterners is in desperate trouble budget wise
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

How? Nothing's happened in months, they must be getting though a lot of biscuits down at earlstree
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

One thing you can be certain off the Philth will never be axed.

With Belinda leaving only a short time after Claudette that is four huge 'characters' that I will be deeply missing.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,642
    Forum Member
    I really liked Belinda a lot and I loved her fashion style too.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    If she does come back, say in nine months time, what's the betting she'll have a mini Masood in tow!
  • jumpingbudgiejumpingbudgie Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I've got mixed feelings about Belinda's sudden departure. On the one hand, I'm gutted - she's is a vibrant and colourful character that has made me laugh out loud having been given some extremely funny dialogue in her short time with the show. She also brought a great dynamic to the new Fowler household, establishing them as a family who will have the occasional disagreement or problem to resolve but with a foundation of warmth and humour. The scene with Martin and Belinda was a good example of this - you could see his comedic eye roll at the prospect of having to comfort his wife's extrovert, brash and overly dramatic cousin, but once he realised how genuinely upset she was he was there for her.
    On the other hand, if as I suspect, the intention is to have Stacey and Martin leading a family group that is more akin to the original Fowlers - a much vaunted return to the show's core values - then a period where it is just them and their 3 kids trying to navigate their way through everyday life then I can understand why Belinda (and eventually Kyle) need to be gone or at least out of the way for a while.
    Nevertheless, I hope she does return in the future.
  • Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo23 wrote: »
    How? Nothing's happened in months, they must be getting though a lot of biscuits down at earlstree

I think that user means all these axings and no new characters. Its as if they have slashed the budget.

The show really needs a boost and quick. Its becoming stale.

The most alarmingly thing about Belinda's exit is that it wasn't even rumoured let alone announced. Its come out of the blue so it just makes you wonder who else might be off that we don't know about. I think its now pretty apparent the only reason R and R's exit leaked is because someone bitter leaked it to the press.
  • Victoria_WilliaVictoria_Willia Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    shame she left. BUT isnt it amazing the show managed to keep this quiet, it was a genuine surprise! stories will feel like they can have more consequence when there is a perceived risk the actor might leave in some way without 3 months notice. i think it sets a good precedent.
  • Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belinda is by far and away the best character on the square right now

A wonderful, war, charismatic character

I hope she comes back soon

I think so too and great actress and I was sad to see her go I felt they could do so much more with her ,lets hope she is back soon with some big stories .
  • Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shame she left. BUT isnt it amazing the show managed to keep this quiet, it was a genuine surprise! stories will feel like they can have more consequence when there is a perceived risk the actor might leave in some way without 3 months notice. i think it sets a good precedent.

Thats so true its so much better when you get a surprise in a soap as most stories get leaked now .
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too. Keeps it exciting :)
  • tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I thought Belinda was fantastic, stylish and funny, wasn't it announced from the start that Carly Norris had been brought in as a guest character ? Like Babe and Claudette, her contract was extended because the character was successful.

Maybe we'll see Belinda back again in the future - I hope so.
  • Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats so true its so much better when you get a surprise in a soap as most stories get leaked now .

Exits are usually announced so that the actors agent can let casting directors know their client is available for work.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She waa great such a shame
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good characters like Les and Pam, Mas, Belinda and soon the Mitchell sisters have all gone/going.

Yet the Philth (whose storylines were bloody exhausted by the time of Steve Owen) will be staying forever once some poor bugger dies and gives him an undeserved transplant.

Bah!

Humbug!