Are you getting bored of Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell

owen10owen10 Posts: 126,548
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
They seem to go round in circles and always fall out over the same things. And then they eventually make up before they fall out again over something else. They are just like kids and they have not grown up at all

Comments

• Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I was bored of them nine years ago
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This time next month they could be six feet under!
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been bored by Roxy since the day after she arrived on the square in 2007 :kitty:
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was bored of them nine years ago
    Same. I've never really warmed to either character and I certainly won't miss the endless, "she's my sis-taaaah!" scenes.
  • fallstarwoofallstarwoo Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    This time next month they could be six feet under!

Dierdrick santer wont be pleased, he turned eastenders into th:blush:e ronnie mitchell show
  • scintillascintilla Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Roxy has always been boring to me. Ronnie has been very boring since the 2015 coma.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so done with them! The Ongar saga is ridiculous, it's about an hour away in Essex, Roxy is behaving as though they are moving to Scotland.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,826
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Same. I've never really warmed to either character and I certainly won't miss the endless, "she's my sis-taaaah!" scenes.

Same here. I dont rate either of the actresses, i find them both bland.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    I'm so done with them! The Ongar saga is ridiculous, it's about an hour away in Essex, Roxy is behaving as though they are moving to Scotland.

Similar to when Leanne was moving to Our Toyah's in Liverpool and they were carrying on like she was going to Jupiter
  • penelope_smithpenelope_smith Posts: 1,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    They seem to go round in circles and always fall out over the same things. And then they eventually make up before they fall out again over something else. They are just like kids and they have not grown up at all

I am getting bored with ruddy ONGAR

xx
  • ValliTValliT Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am utterly bored with Ronnie and have been for years. While I am sure the actress is competent I feel she's been "phoning in" her part for a very long time.

But what I find most unpleasant is the emotional abuse she inflicts on Roxy at every turn. She's a control freak regarding her sistah and uses every trick in the book to keep Roxy in line. You could say the writers have been brilliant with their depiction of such abuse but, I find it difficult to watch sometimes and wish Roxy could break away.

For me, Roxy as a character has been good and bad in pretty equal parts. I would have preferred her to stay when Ronnie goes to Ongar but it seems the scriptwriters have other plans.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValliT wrote: »
    I am utterly bored with Ronnie and have been for years. While I am sure the actress is competent I feel she's been "phoning in" her part for a very long time..
    Definitely. It's hard to distinguish her current acting from her 'comatose' acting. Hang on....maybe that's why Ronnie has appeared to be so lifelifeless for so long, she's suffering after effects from the coma! Perhaps Samantha Womack has been giving a great, realistic performance all along and nobody realised? :p

Seriously though, I do feel a bit sorry for Rita Simons. You can see that she's still making an effort in her scenes and all she gets back from Womack is a blank stare in response.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Ronnie's a bit of a spent force it seems to me, but I wish they were keeping Roxy on if only to continue to laugh at the breath taking hypocrisy from Kush, Jack and the rest.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie's a bit of a spent force it seems to me, but I wish they were keeping Roxy on if only to continue to laugh at the breath taking hypocrisy from Kush, Jack and the rest.

Agreed.

I have always liked it when Ronnie & Roxy's perverted relationship is explored. The tiresome part is always when Roxy goes running back to Ronnie. This time is different though. Roxy made some telling realisations and we know she will be gone in about 2 weeks time.

Roxy has always been good as part as a double act and I am liking her pairing with Donna - a shame it has to end.

Roxy is always good at providing humour - even in tense situations.
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValliT wrote: »
    I am utterly bored with Ronnie and have been for years. While I am sure the actress is competent I feel she's been "phoning in" her part for a very long time.

But what I find most unpleasant is the emotional abuse she inflicts on Roxy at every turn. She's a control freak regarding her sistah and uses every trick in the book to keep Roxy in line. You could say the writers have been brilliant with their depiction of such abuse but, I find it difficult to watch sometimes and wish Roxy could break away.

For me, Roxy as a character has been good and bad in pretty equal parts. I would have preferred her to stay when Ronnie goes to Ongar but it seems the scriptwriters have other plans.

Roxy has broken away many times...

1. When archie was around and the family outcast Ronnie despite Roxy being the one who had behaved badly
    2. When Ronnie wanted nothing to do with her for ages after she found out about Roxy cheating with Jack
    3. When Ronnie was in prison
    4. When she "ran" away after Ronnie failed to open the door
    5. Now; Ronnie is not controlling Roxy at the moment

I get tired of reading awful Ronnie vs poor, Roxy. The character of Roxy is self destructive and Ronnie has saved her many times and often when, quite frankly Roxy didn't deserve it. Roxy has slept with 2 of Ronnie's men (the 2 she married ironically enough); Jack and Charlie, having multiple times tried to use Amy as some sort of bargaining tool with Jack. She abandoned Ronnie when the truth of Archie came out. She dated both Carl and Dean, both known "bad boys" and warned about. She almost drowned after lying to Sean and convincing him he was the father of her child, then the truth outing. She abandoned her daughter and then went abut selling drugs, including have to poo them out putting herself in danger. None of the above was Ronnie's fault and whilst Ronnie is no angel, it does get annoying reading how all of Roxy's problems are supposedly due to her when Ronnie has rescued Roxy so many times, been treated badly by her sister so many times. There was a time years ago when I was inwardly screaming at the telly when Ronnie "forgave"Roxy and I really felt she didn't deserve it.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the writers I'm bored with. Not them!
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    It's the writers I'm bored with. Not them!

LOL yes.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think they're both well written complex characters, but Ronnie's story was done with the baby swap and prison sentence. I love the character and actress but I'm not convinced she should've returned without a real story arc to tell.

Darth Ronnie was a great idea - turn her into an all out villain - but this seemed to be abandoned.

Obviously the big problem in her latest stint was the fact Sam Womack had other filming commitments throughout, so would disappear for months on end, making any long running stories near-impossible to deliver. Like Patsy Palmer and Bianca, the character really suffered.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Hell yes!

Ronnie not so much , I wouldn't mind her staying
    But roxy ...she needs ro go, completely run out of steam
    Just spends all her time whining and moaning about how everyone has a better life than her.....