Steven Moffat - The 1995 Interview

2»

Comments

• DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    It's strange that you couldn't find them. They're all right there in the OP's link. :confused:

First quote is answered under the third question. Second quote is the answer to the 7th question. Third one is in the 2nd paragraph under the 9th question.

The first two quotes are in the OP's link. The third quote doesn't appear in it though so I was interested to know where it came from. It later transpired that the first link was to a condensed version of the interview and the fuller text was provided later in the thread. The first link also made it seem like it was just an interview with Steven Moffat, whereas it is actually a conversation between four different writers. This puts it in quite a different context if you ask me. And context is key.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all say things we later regret. For example, some time ago, I said I would like most to make love to Davros in a miniskirt.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    The first two quotes are in the OP's link. The third quote doesn't appear in it though so I was interested to know where it came from.

The third quote essentially is there, in paraphrased form. For that specific question it's the same answer really.
  • KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Moffat would be one of those vocal Moffat-haters who make a point of how bad a job Moffat is doing...if he weren't Moffat.

lol indeed.

Oh well karma always come back around. I have no doubt at some point in the future there will be some arrogant writer bemoaning who bad Doctor Who was back after the reboot. I can just see it:

I love Doctor Who dearly but boy was it bad television especially after 2010. How did those people earn their paycheck? I mean have you seen the Rings of Akhaten? That should never have got out the building! None of the plot points ended up making any sense. Matt Smith was OK but what about that redheaded companion - all she did was pout. How did she get her equity card? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    In the DW Magazine out today, executive producer Brian Minchin promises "A whole new series!" next year.

Made or shown...?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    I find it quite amusing that posters defending Moffat for airing his critcisms of the show back then are mainly the same ones who have a go at posters on here for daring to criticise the current era.......
    You're easily amused. It's a good thing I didn't frequent Doctor Who message boards during the previous era. I suspect your post quota would have doubled in size to defend it in response...just like mine does now. Luckily, I have a life and had better things to do than tell others how mostly bad something is that I still watch every week.