The Saturdays announce new album!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    So excited for this album especially Not Giving Up which sounds incredible
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Im not hearing Disco Love much on TV, Radio, do we reckon this will fare worse than Gentlemen? I really hope not! Either way im glad we are getting another album

Disco Love seems to be getting next to no airplay. I don't think that I've heard it on the radio yet. I only know about the song because I saw the video on youtube.

I'm hoping for this album to be a bit like Chasing Lights. They've yet to top their debut, in my opinion.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Im not hearing Disco Love much on TV, Radio, do we reckon this will fare worse than Gentlemen? I really hope not! Either way im glad we are getting another album

It's currently doing better than Gentleman and All Fired Up were doing a month before release regarding Airplay
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the next single will be Not Giving Up, sounds like a banger and it may be what they need to get back on radio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #80 on pre-orders on iTunes. :)
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    #80 on pre-orders on iTunes. :)

I can't access iTunes properly to see where it is now. I'll just be buying the standard edition (physically) if there are only remixes and one extra track on the deluxe.

Disco Love has grown on me a little bit.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I can't access iTunes properly to see where it is now. I'll just be buying the standard edition (physically) if there are only remixes and one extra track on the deluxe.

Disco Love has grown on me a little bit.

I had trouble with iTunes and the Mac App Store last night and this morning and I thought it was my internet at home. I'd say it was related to iOS 7 and people downloading that. I tried it now on my university network and it's working again (surprising considering the crap IT system my college appears to have - the network went down earlier and people couldn't print or photocopy anything either). It's not even in the top 200 albums on iTunes here in Ireland :( Yet all three of 1D's albums (one of which has not even been released yet) are :rolleyes: Something is not right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had trouble with iTunes and the Mac App Store last night and this morning and I thought it was my internet at home. I'd say it was related to iOS 7 and people downloading that. I tried it now on my university network and it's working again (surprising considering the crap IT system my college appears to have - the network went down earlier and people couldn't print or photocopy anything either). It's not even in the top 200 albums on iTunes here in Ireland :(Yet all three of 1D's albums (one of which has not even been released yet) are :rolleyes: Something is not right.

The power of fangirls!:eek:
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

This, basically.

"Disco Love" sounds very 80s. Anyone else think the same?
    Forum Member

I know! It's ridiculous :rolleyes: The Saturdays are going to flop again with this album while 1D get yet another No 1 album. They could release a single or even a whole album of themselves farting and it would sill get No 1 :mad::eek:
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    If The Saturdays want to do well with this album and 'Disco Love', then they need to find some shows to promote it on 'Strictly Come Dancing', 'The X Factor', 'This Morning', 'Lorriane', 'Daybreak', 'Loose Women', whatever show, just go and promote your material.
    Forum Member
    If The Saturdays want to do well with this album and 'Disco Love', then they need to find some shows to promote it on 'Strictly Come Dancing', 'The X Factor', 'This Morning', 'Lorriane', 'Daybreak', 'Loose Women', whatever show, just go and promote your material.

I'm sure that they use these ones frequently. An X Factor performance would be good. Millions of people tune into that show every week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's surprising to me that they haven't had an x factor performance yet, The Wanted have been on there and have had far less material at that point than The Saturdays.
    Forum Member
    It's surprising to me that they haven't had an x factor performance yet, The Wanted have been on there and have had far less material at that point than The Saturdays.

I think they deserve to be on 'The X Factor', considering they have been around since 2008. It is not as if they haven't been fairly successful. They have had a lot of top ten hits, so there is no excuse for the producers and ITV not to allow 'The Saturdays' on the show.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm sure that they use these ones frequently. An X Factor performance would be good. Millions of people tune into that show every week.

Strictly seems to do well in the ratings too. I would like to see them on this.
    Forum Member
    Strictly seems to do well in the ratings too. I would like to see them on this.

oh yeah. :) Strictly's my favourite of the two. I love it, not a big fan of the X Factor personally. I can't wait for this series of SCD to start properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it I would prefer a performance on Strictly, I can imagine the dancers doing a really retro themed dance around the girls as they perform Disco Love.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they deserve to be on 'The X Factor', considering they have been around since 2008. It is not as if they haven't been fairly successful. They have had a lot of top ten hits, so there is no excuse for the producers and ITV not to allow 'The Saturdays' on the show.

The Wanted have a radio deal with Capital FM and various other networks. If Simon books them on X-Factor, then Capital have to play more X-Factor acts. ;)

The Saturdays will never perform on the show because they're competition to Little Mix and they're a girlband (the only girlband who have ever performed are Girls Aloud and that was mostly because Simon wanted Cheryl on the panel).
    Forum Member
    The Wanted have a radio deal with Capital FM and various other networks. If Simon books them on X-Factor, then Capital have to play more X-Factor acts. ;)

The Saturdays will never perform on the show because they're competition to Little Mix and they're a girlband (the only girlband who have ever performed are Girls Aloud and that was mostly because Simon wanted Cheryl on the panel).

That sounds like elitism and snobbery to me! It's completely biased and not for any good reason. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds like elitism and snobbery to me! It's completely biased and not for any good reason. :mad:

I know, right?

They could have performed in 2008 at any time with Up/Issues but they didn't, probably because they were just new on the scene and Girls Aloud were at their peak. Fair enough.

They could have performed in 2009 with Forever Is Over/Ego but again, they didn't, even though they booked Shakira who was irrelevant at the time. But still, there were tons of big names performing so it wasn't that bad The Sats got snubbed.

2010? Could have performed Higher but XF instead wanted Jamiroquai (:confused:) The Wanted (who'd only released one single at that point) and the cast of Glee!

Could have performed My Heart Takes Over in 2011 and apparently were booked to perform with Rihanna but got nudged in place of Rebecca Ferguson. XF then had the cheek to invite Professor bloody Green on the show, and The Wanted again. :(

The Sats were in the US last year, but I think they deserve to perform this year. They're one of the only artists left who haven't performed! But no doubt John Newman or Bastille or Naughty Boy or some other one hit wonder will get a slot instead.
    Forum Member

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
    I know, right?

They could have performed in 2008 at any time with Up/Issues but they didn't, probably because they were just new on the scene and Girls Aloud were at their peak. Fair enough.

They could have performed in 2009 with Forever Is Over/Ego but again, they didn't, even though they booked Shakira who was irrelevant at the time. But still, there were tons of big names performing so it wasn't that bad The Sats got snubbed.

2010? Could have performed Higher but XF instead wanted Jamiroquai (:confused:) The Wanted (who'd only released one single at that point) and the cast of Glee!

Could have performed My Heart Takes Over in 2011 and apparently were booked to perform with Rihanna but got nudged in place of Rebecca Ferguson. XF then had the cheek to invite Professor bloody Green on the show, and The Wanted again. :(

The Sats were in the US last year, but I think they deserve to perform this year. They're one of the only artists left who haven't performed! But no doubt John Newman or Bastille or Naughty Boy or some other one hit wonder will get a slot instead.

I agree with everything here.
    Forum Member
    I know, right?

So many wasted opportunities there! My Heart Takes Over mightn't have flopped if they had promoted it properly. Why should The Wanted get preference over The Saturdays?
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well the trouble with the Saturdays now is they have all got knocked up and have children Now they are just lazy and don't do any promotion preferring family life to fans.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt this album will even make the top 10. I don't understand why they can't and don't sell albums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, if this album enters the top 20 and sells even slightly better than On Your Radar then I will consider it a success.