Options

Antiques Road Trip

Comments

• Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone here noticed the chemistry between Natasha Raskin and Charlie Ross because all week they have been hugging each other and Charlie seems to kiss her at every opportunity and even kissing her hand also she looks like she is flirting with him which i have noticed a lot They are either great friends or they are genuinely attracted to each other
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Don't tell my little missus but I think I've got a soft spot for Natasha myself. :blush:
    Gorgeous natural beauty and a great sense of humour, what not to love? :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Has anyone here noticed the chemistry between Natasha Raskin and Charlie Ross because all week they have been hugging each other and Charlie seems to kiss her at every opportunity and even kissing her hand also she looks like she is flirting with him which i have noticed a lot They are either great friends or they are genuinely attracted to each other

Nothing in it. Charlie is just a ' Ladies man '
  • Options
    ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spotted Charlie Ross auctioneering cars on Chasing Classic Cars, strange seeing him sell 300 thousand dollar cars compared to acting all thrilled for a couple of quid profit on a teapot.
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nothing in it. Charlie is just a ' Ladies man '

Charlie's on this weeks Antiques Road Show with Christina Trevanion.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uberman wrote: »
    Just spotted Charlie Ross auctioneering cars on Chasing Classic Cars, strange seeing him sell 300 thousand dollar cars compared to acting all thrilled for a couple of quid profit on a teapot.

I think that's his proper job, he goes all over the world doing it .
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's his proper job, he goes all over the world doing it .

Just been checking his website - he's a busy bee!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uberman wrote: »

Hanson's have now started doing classic car auctions, I don't know if Charlie Ross does the auctioneering though.?
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie's on this weeks Antiques Road Show with Christina Trevanion.

I do love how Christina flirts with everyone. Not hard to see her getting off a parking ticket :D:D
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole thing has to be a fix.
    I just don't believe that owners of antiques shops could be haggled down to prices which are a tiny fraction of the ticket price. They must have already struck a deal before filming.
    I still enjoy it though.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that annoys me about this show is that the auction houses get their face on TV but don't waive their fees - especially considering any profits go to Children In Need anyway!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole thing has to be a fix.
    I just don't believe that owners of antiques shops could be haggled down to prices which are a tiny fraction of the ticket price. They must have already struck a deal before filming.
    I still enjoy it though.

I think so too, if you or I tried to offer some of their silly prices we'd be told where to go.
  • Options
    ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    A shop I used to work in was featured on this programme during the second series. No deals were agreed before filming, we let them into the shop and they walked round, we served other customers inbetween serving them. So it was just like they were normal customers, however some things had to be re-shot a few times. They did haggle a lot, I think they bought a couple of items and they maybe got around a third off each. I don't think there will have been any profit left in it for the dealers after their rent and commission had been paid, but they probably agreed to the discounts due to the excitement of their stall being on TV.

I noticed somebody said previously in this thread that the BBC compensate the dealers for what they've lost on the items, however this definitely didn't happen in our case. They were basically just normal customers with a film crew following them.

After it was aired we had a lot of people trying to get more than the usual 10% off items in the shop, and the dealers realised it had had more of a negative effect than positive. When they got back in contact a few years later the owners of the business refused to let them back, as have a lot of other antique shops so I hear.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whats happened with this, as currently watching the new series at the moment, and it looks like they've missed a week out, as its supposed to be 20 episodes, but they've only showed 15, as it only started a couple of weeks ago.

The first week was Charles Hanson and Raj Bisram, the second week was Philip Serrell and Catherine Southon (which was last weeks), and this week its Paul Laidlaw and Claire Rawle, but according to the Guide, this week is episodes 16-20 (when it should be 11-15), and starting Monday, its a repeat of a previous series :confused:

EDIT: Nope, im wrong, the first week was Anita Manning and Raj Bisram, Charles Hanson must have been on the second week, but i can't remember who he was paired with now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I don't know whats happened with this, as currently watching the new series at the moment, and it looks like they've missed a week out, as its supposed to be 20 episodes, but they've only showed 15, as it only started a couple of weeks ago.

The first week was Charles Hanson and Raj Bisram, the second week was Philip Serrell and Catherine Southon (which was last weeks), and this week its Paul Laidlaw and Claire Rawle, but according to the Guide, this week is episodes 16-20 (when it should be 11-15), and starting Monday, its a repeat of a previous series :confused:

EDIT: Nope, im wrong, the first week was Anita Manning and Raj Bisram, Charles Hanson must have been on the second week, but i can't remember who he was paired with now :D
    Anita manning and someone else have been on I think episodes 5-10 Charlie Ross and Charles hanson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anita manning and someone else have been on I think episodes 5-10 Charlie Ross and Charles hanson

Charlie Ross hasn't been on this series. :)

It was James Braxton who was on with Charles Hanson, so they havn't missed a week out, im mistaken :p

Im sure this used to be on for longer though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Charlie Ross hasn't been on this series.

It was James Braxton who was on with Charles Hanson, so they havn't missed a week out, im mistaken :p

Im sure this used to be on for longer though.

I think I've seen so many recently they are all blending into each other
  • Options
    Matt_HarvMatt_Harv Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I thought Catherine Southon took the mickey insulting them with prices but Serell was as bad and this new woman Claire Rawle is embarrassing to watch. Even when they say final offer she wants more
    I used to enjoy it but not so much now. I could go in get 80% off and then get excited when I made a tenner profit at auction. They're taking the mick too much. Ticket price £275 will you accept £30?:confused:

At least put your money they deal with auction houses or real people car boots than can't be bullied
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    The shops are arranged before hand and cameras are set up inside the shops before the buyers walk in. The deals are done off screen and then re-enacted. It's highly edited.

The discounts are so big because they the seller knows they're trying to raise money for Children in Need, and the shop aso gets relatively cheap advertising for the discount they give.

They wouldn't give such big discounts to ordinary shoppers - 10% is usual - if there wasn't something (advertising) in it for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're showing repeats again today
    I can't have seen 5 x 5 episodes of the new episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah were back to repeats now.
  • Options
    andymcvandymcv Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Matt_Harv wrote: »
    They're showing repeats again today
    I can't have seen 5 x 5 episodes of the new episodes

And why is Tim Wonnacott doing the voiceovers?

I like him doing it but it just seems strange that he left Bargain Hunt for unknown reason but carries on with Antiques Road Trip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They might have got away with repeats if the morons didn't decide to put Laidlaw on so soon after Friday
    I barely watch TV as is it
    If they're putting repeats on at least show ones from years ago I can't remember
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andymcv wrote: »
    And why is Tim Wonnacott doing the voiceovers?

I like him doing it but it just seems strange that he left Bargain Hunt for unknown reason but carries on with Antiques Road Trip.

they did say that he would continue to work on other programmes for the bbc so I guess this is one of them.
    I wish Eric Knowles would take over bargain hunt full time he's head and shoulders better than the rest of them
  • Options
    briggsy1briggsy1 Posts: 10,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good show - it makes me want to have a go as a buyer and seller of antiques. I should imagine from watching the shows it's hard to make any money from it though.