Reminder: Personal attacks on cast and crew

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
edited 28/02/23 - 16:04 in Soaps #1
Hi all,

This is a friendly reminder that personal attacks regarding the appearance and personal lives of cast and crew on soaps is unacceptable.

We have had to send a number of warnings, remove several posts and issue multiple suspensions recently to users that have overstepped the mark, so we wanted to post this as a reminder that all abusive posts should be alerted to us using the 'flag' button so that we can take action.

The aim of our forums is to provide a place where discussion thrives, and allowing such remarks to remain on our boards creates a negative experience not just for our members but for the people that may be reading as well.

Thanks.
DS

Comments

• adam_fransellaadam_fransella Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think that 10 years ago, when I was new to this site, i got criticised for suggesting one or two characters should be axed because the actors that played them were ugly.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this sentiment/directive should apply to a certain BBC executive producer. Some of the hyperbolic nonsense and abusive comments are far fetched.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you ask me that T.K Mazin bloke is due for a personal attack. He ruined EastEnders for millions of people across this great country and I hate the way he looks. >:(
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    If you ask me that T.K Mazin bloke is due for a personal attack. He ruined EastEnders for millions of people across this great country and I hate the way he looks. >:(

You've got the initals for it :D
  • Hollyoaks14Hollyoaks14 Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think that 10 years ago, when I was new to this site, i got criticised for suggesting one or two characters should be axed because the actors that played them were ugly.

10 years! :eek:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,164
    Forum Member
    I think this is fair. We can still say if we think they are a woeful actor or not.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct we wouldn't like the same done to us. So respect everyone like they would you..
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The strange thing is how sometimes people confuse the character with the actor, as if the actor was to blame for the things the character gets up to.

Because people cant understand ficton and real life. Martin Kemp got alot of stick from fans over his character and some old dears even slapped him which he confirmed on a chat show for how his character treated Matthew.

Im suprised the actor didnt hit them back.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's now the "Flag" button at the bottom right of posts, but it may be worth changing the first post, as there is no longer a "Red Alert Button" and for forum newbies, this may be confusing :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So do they think soaps are documentaries?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 15/04/17 - 01:43 #13
    Harlowe wrote: »

Ha ha! I suppose I do. :D

One day I hope I can fulfill my dream of becoming an actor, so people on internet forums can tell me how shite my acting is and demand for my axing. :)
  • courtcal41courtcal41 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it ok to say that EastEnders is ugly?
  • SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=T.K. Mazin;85046475]If you ask me that T.K Mazin bloke is due for a personal attack. He ruined EastEnders for millions of people across this great country and I hate the way he looks. >:(

You've got the initals for it :D[/quote]

Sorry, but who or what might TKM be, please?

• CaryGraniteCaryGranite Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    SepangBlue wrote: »
    [QUOTE=T.K. Mazin;85046475]If you ask me that T.K Mazin bloke is due for a personal attack. He ruined EastEnders for millions of people across this great country and I hate the way he looks. >:(

[/quote]

TK Max???
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    People really do have to remember that the cast and crew do read these forums and so people really do need to take responsibility for their actions.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS are quite selective when it comes to this.
  • DervlathedogDervlathedog Posts: 10,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 04/09/20 - 18:23 #20
    Support wrote: »
    Hi all,

This is a friendly reminder that personal attacks regarding the appearance and personal lives of cast and crew on soaps is unacceptable.

We have had to send a number of warnings, remove several posts and issue multiple suspensions recently to users that have overstepped the mark, so we wanted to post this as a reminder that all abusive posts should be alerted to us using the red 'alert' button so that we can take action.

The aim of our forums is to provide a place where discussion thrives, and allowing such remarks to remain on our boards creates a negative experience not just for our members but for the people that may be reading as well.

Thanks.
    DS

Much appreciated!

Can I ask if this approach could be extended to reality shows such as Strictly Come Dancing please? There is often a high level of personal abuse on that forum
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would avoid him if I were you Teeks sounds distinctly dodgy if you ask me :p
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there 2 threads one sticky one moving?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

TK Max???[/quote]

Funnily enough, I use to work part-time at TK Maxx when I was a teenager. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

[/quote]

Yeah @Harlowe, answer the man. :rage:

Figuring out what TKM means will help us understand the secrets of the universe. :wink:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would avoid him if I were you Teeks sounds distinctly dodgy if you ask me :p

Proper dodgy, Aaron. I agree.

If I see that T.K. bloke, I'm gonna do a citizen's arrest on him. He needs locking up for recasting Michelle Fowler in EE. :rage:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Are there 2 threads one sticky one moving?

This might be the best time to tell you that there's a sticky on your back that says, "Kick Me". :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.