✭✭✭
Belinda is by far and away the best character on the square right now

A wonderful, war, charismatic character

I hope she comes back soon

Comments

• CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird that she left so abruptly. Is it a proper exit? Hope she's back when (if) Kalfie return.
  • Tomski12Tomski12 Posts: 15,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this is just a break for her, I was looking forward to a new Slater dynasty.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the character failed.

Those Brief stints where she was monied and up herself were good but then they made her poor and well the character was awful.

If she has gone for good, I won't be sad. if they bring her back I hope they sort the characterisation out
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Very shocked to see her leave. It certainly looked like an exit. If she has been axed then it's another dreadful mistake by Sean o'Connor.
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf!!!!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a Shame Belinda has left :(
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,187
    Forum Member
    Belinda :(
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Belinda

But how are the Fowlers going to pay the rent :confused:
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to wonder if EE is really strapped for cash, axings, no new signings.

Such a shame.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,821
    Forum Member
    I think that's a real shame that Belinda's gone. She was warm, feisty and had the potential to be a real character at the forefront of the show. Only tonight I was thinking how lovely her dialogue was with Kathy, and how well she integrates with other characters.

And so the cast continues to shrink!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I think that's a real shame that Belinda's gone. She was warm, feisty and had the potential to be a real character at the forefront of the show. Only tonight I was thinking how lovely her dialogue was with Kathy, and how well she integrates with other characters.

And so the cast continues to shrink!

Big big shame
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh she didn't really make a big impact imo, she was alright but I won't miss her.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,821
    Forum Member
    Once the rest of the announced departures are complete, the cast will be down to 30. Surely that's the smallest its been for a long time?!
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand Belinda I'm glad she's gone :kitty:
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She started out okay but just got more and more annoying as time went on. No loss.
  • scintillascintilla Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I liked her scenes with Kat after Charlie died, but other than that Belinda didn't really work for me. I'm not really surprised by this axing.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her departure completely caught me off-guard. I did think it was strange that Elysium was being closed so soon after she'd opened it, but I still didn't expect her to just up and leave like that. What exactly was the point of starting up the relationship between her and Masood? She didn't even bother to say goodbye to him!
  • Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    She started out okay but just got more and more annoying as time went on. No loss.

What is it with you and disliking characters the more they're used. Its every single time. You big up a character until they're used, then when they're given screen time you suddenly don't like them anymore.

Its almost as if your wanting to buck the trendy option.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with you and disliking characters the more they're used. Its every single time. You big up a character until they're used, then when they're given screen time you suddenly don't like them anymore.

Its almost as if your wanting to buck the trendy option.

What is it with you posting fake spoilers in other threads? It's almost as if you're trying to stir things up.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if EE is really strapped for cash, axings, no new signings.

Such a shame.
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    Once the rest of the announced departures are complete, the cast will be down to 30. Surely that's the smallest its been for a long time?!

At a guess it's probably a short-term thing whilst the existing, staying characters are rebuilt and repositioned. You can only do that when they're on screen, so you give them all a storyline and allow the audience to get to know and warm to them again and once they're stable, it'll be much easier to bring in new ones. Far harder to do that if you're trying to introduce completely new characters at the same time and they're all sharing screen time.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

I agree JB, they wasted her potential. I guess if the actress hadn't chosen to leave or had been axed then the salon would have been a success
  • Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 42,027
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I like Belinda

But how are the Fowlers going to pay the rent :confused:

Martin can sell a few more carrots ;-)
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was fantastic and really br Gutened up the square, with so much on screen potential. She added a real spark to ththe show and I really enjoyed watching her trying to break free of her constricting marriage as well as facing up to her insecurities. Even today I found her trying to hide her problems from other characters to be reminiscent of the likes of Angie and Sharon Watts of old, she was camp and struck me as the sort of character SOC would like due to being similar to old school characters and ultimately representing shows core values