'13 soap deaths we're still not over' on the DS homepage

Comments

• hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I can confirm i'm well and truly over Tina's death. Who isn't?!
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the legendary Beth Jordache?
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This made me laugh

"And you thought it was The Fault In Our Stars that Hollyoaks ripped off"

I probably would have had a different list but Pat still wouldn't have been on it.. I am well over it
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can confirm I was over it about 6 months or so before it happened :D
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Wilton's was very cruel both onscreen and off.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Pat but Wellard is there! It's reminded me of all the weeping and wailing over the dreadful Danielle though - one of the most one dimensional characters I think I've ever seen.

The death I'm not over is Michael Moon. He still had so much to give. And Kylie Platt, although it was brilliantly acted.
  • UrGleekIsShowinUrGleekIsShowin Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Pat but Wellard is there! It's reminded me of all the weeping and wailing over the dreadful Danielle though - one of the most one dimensional characters I think I've ever seen.

The death I'm not over is Michael Moon. He still had so much to give. And Kylie Platt, although it was brilliantly acted.

Michael Moon for me too!

I had a rather bizarre dream about him not too long ago, where he came back from the dead and demonstrated his new ability to stab himself with knives without getting hurt! Janine was there too so the whole thing was awkward.

Jade from HO will be another one that will remain sad :(
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be one of the few who couldn't give a toss about Tina McIntyre's death. My main issue with the plot was the whole stupid affair malarkey building up to it.
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    Where's the legendary Beth Jordache?

This!! x 100000000000000

What happened to Beth was a travesty and Anna Friel was treated terribly! This was far more heartbreaking/tragic than Tina from corrie.
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Irish girl Lyndsey on Hollyoaks was a great character and she played a great game of cat and mouse/ chess with serial killer Silas only for her to be randomly murdered off screen by some random guy (cheap shock factor)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,187
    Forum Member
    Wellard :(:cry: the saddest soap death ever.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Rhys Ashworth is an odd inclusion too.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange list. I'm over most of those deaths, if not all. Some of the names on the list I can understand, but Rhys Ashworth? Danielle Jones? Gennie Walker? Really? :D

The title of the article should be rephrased to "13 Soap Deaths I'm Still Not Over". The writer is confusing his personal opinion as the general consensus amongst soap fans.
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ancalagon wrote: »
    This!! x 100000000000000

What happened to Beth was a travesty and Anna Friel was treated terribly! This was far more heartbreaking/tragic than Tina from corrie.

I know, it was 21 years ago and still pisses me off! :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I know, it was 21 years ago and still pisses me off! :D

Me three.

I loved Beth Jordache.

From the list, only Jack Duckworth and Gennie Sharma still hurt.

Danielle in EE (even though I don't watch the show) annoyed due to it's pointless 'shock for shock' manner, and the utter crap that the producer at the time spoke about it. I bet there isn't one viewer who thinks what they did with Ronnie was better than it could have been had she had the chance to reconnect with her lost child.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale's Valerie Pollard. I will never be able to move on. :(
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was a fine character up until her dreadful last year in the show.
  • LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I used to like Tina (albeit not love), but they completely destroyed her character with the whole Peter affair storyline to the point where I was relieved when they bumped her off.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never quite get over Tiffanys demise.

Can't believe it's been almost eighteen years now. I'm old.
  • asortafairytaleasortafairytale Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts exactly regarding Pat.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not over Pauline, Den, Angie, Ethel and Pat. The rest can burn in Hell for all I care.
  • Victoria_WilliaVictoria_Willia Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    The only thing tragic about Bradley's death was that damn live episode. Jack forgetting his lines, max with his fingers down his throat dry heaving trying to throw up....nasty
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 18,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a ridiculous list, I don't think there was a single death on it that I didn't get over years ago. Tina, for goodness sake? I cheered when someone finally shut her up!
  • Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never gave a stuff about EE's Danielle.

Jamie Mitchell's was pretty sad.

Going back to 1980 or so, I'm still affected by CS' Renee Roberts' death while out on a driving lesson! I think it was because I was so young when I watched it, it just stuck with me.

Lucy Beale was pretty shocking at the time, and also Paul Coker (EE).
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Strange list. I'm over most of those deaths, if not all. Some of the names on the list I can understand, but Rhys Ashworth? Danielle Jones? Gennie Walker? Really? :D

The title of the article should be rephrased to "13 Soap Deaths I'm Still Not Over". The writer is confusing his personal opinion as the general consensus amongst soap fans.

This.
    Another example of quality journalism on DS.

Also, why 13?