'13 soap deaths we're still not over' on the DS homepage

2»

Comments

• JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Michael Moon for me too!

I had a rather bizarre dream about him not too long ago, where he came back from the dead and demonstrated his new ability to stab himself with knives without getting hurt! Janine was there too so the whole thing was awkward.

Jade from HO will be another one that will remain sad :(

And me!

BIB - that would make a great storyline! ;-):D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Barry Evans
  • UrGleekIsShowinUrGleekIsShowin Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    And me!

BIB - that would make a great storyline! ;-):D

Hehe it would be fun, wouldn't it?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not over Pauline, Den, Angie, Ethel and Pat. The rest can burn in Hell for all I care.

This is why no one in Walford invites you to read the eulogy anymore! :p
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Strange list. I'm over most of those deaths, if not all. Some of the names on the list I can understand, but Rhys Ashworth? Danielle Jones? Gennie Walker? Really? :D

The title of the article should be rephrased to "13 Soap Deaths I'm Still Not Over". The writer is confusing his personal opinion as the general consensus amongst soap fans.

Meh, it's a crap list. Tiff is the only one on it that I miss, and that's probably only cos of Beaconboof! :p
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    In Home and Away's near 30 year history, they picked a guest character who died 24 years ago! I could think of countless people from the Bay who's death was sadder.
    The title and content of the article is the teen click bait garbage that DS seems to have lowered itself to these days
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does 'not over' have to mean in a sad way? Because there are a few soap deaths that still make me smile as I was so glad they happened.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can safely say I'm over all of those listed:D Bennie's s was shocking, but I couldn't stand the character so I don't miss her.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only death I'm not over is Robbie Lawson in Emmerdale.
    What a waste.

I'll never be over it. :cry:
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,723
    Forum Member
    Max from Hollyoaks for me. I haven't watched it since and I still can't listen to that Sugababes song!:cry:
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Was Max axed from Hollyoaks?
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Max from Hollyoaks for me. I haven't watched it since and I still can't listen to that Sugababes song!:cry:

Agree re the song, still makes me think of Mac
    Was Max axed from Hollyoaks?

No, the actor decided to leave
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Feels like a long time since Max was around. I miss those days of Max, OB, Mandy etc
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm over all of those deaths, most of them i didn't give a stuff about to begin with :p
    Piipp wrote: »
    Emmerdale's Valerie Pollard. I will never be able to move on. :(

I agree. I thought killing off Val was totally unnecessary. I thought the character still had a lot left to give and i thought Val bought a lot to Emmerdale.

They haven't just killed off Val either though. Since she was killed off, Eric has become non existent at times. He barely features anymore.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou.
    Steve.
    Den.
    Angie.
    Ethel.
    Dennis.
    Pauline .
    Pat.
    Michael.

Yet the Philth still breathes - there is truly no justice either in this appalling real world or even the fictional one.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    This is why no one in Walford invites you to read the eulogy anymore! :p

:D:D:D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idgaf when Danielle died, she was annoying mouse like character who was stupid enough to not even try to move out the way when she saw the car coming.
  • Aetius_MaralasAetius_Maralas Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could atleast offer a helpline number to call for those who struggle to cope.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.
    Another example of quality journalism on DS.

Also, why 13?

Yeah, some of the articles on DS do come across a bit lazy sometimes. Their movie reviews annoy me the most.

But getting back to the "Soap deaths" article, I think they should've turned it into a poll. Yes, the poll would be pretty extensive, but they did one for "Who is the Greatest TV character of the 21st century?" and it worked fine.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Meh, it's a crap list. Tiff is the only one on it that I miss, and that's probably only cos of Beaconboof! :p

Indeed, the spirit of Tiffany and her Activia commercials live on through Beaconboof :D.

No doubt The Boofster is sitting in her living room right about now watching old clips of Tiffany while eating through a load of Activia yogurts :cool:.