Anyone miss Bad Girls?

LafayetteLafayette Posts: 50
Forum Member
Hey guys!

Does anyone else really miss Bad Girls? I know the last couple of seasons were naff but the show still had a great cast with many storylines still to tell.

Do you think a reboot similar to Prisoner Cell Block H with Wentworth would work?

Favourite characters were Yvonne Atkins, Shell Dockley, The Two Julies, Bab's, Helen, Nikki, Denny, Tina, Darlene, Bodybag! :D

Think my favourite storyline will probably have been when after Shell stabbed Jim and Bodybag had her transferred to the mental wing with Mad Tessa as her cell mate :D

Comments

• AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Bad Girls! I loved Footballers Wives too, same production team I believe :)

Shirley Carter is essentially Yvonne Atkins just without the prison sentence but I loved her :D I remember her death was so creepy!

Debra Stephenson as Shelly was amazing too!

But Natalie Buxton vs. Pat Kerrigan was my favourite part, such a shame when Buxton was killed off.
  • LafayetteLafayette Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    You just made me remember about the Tanya Turner cross over episodes :D I liked Buxton too. The show suffered without her as once she left they didn't have a villain to replace her with. I hated that final season. It was so boring.
  • immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Bad Girls and definitely still miss it. I HATED Natalie Buxton though, and not even in a love-to-hate way.

There was a BG reunion and original cast meet-and-greet held recently. I didn't get to it but it sounded like it was a good night by all accounts.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I liked the earlier series.
    Forum Member
    immusic wrote: »
    I loved Bad Girls and definitely still miss it. I HATED Natalie Buxton though, and not even in a love-to-hate way.

There was a BG reunion and original cast meet-and-greet held recently. I didn't get to it but it sounded like it was a good night by all accounts.

Are there any pics of the event? would be good to see them all together again. :)
    Forum Member
    I liked the earlier series.

I think lots of fan trend to agree season 4 is where it all started to change, and not for the better.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Lafayette wrote: »
    I think lots of fan trend to agree season 4 is where it all started to change, and not for the better.

I didn't even like Shell's return, even though I wanted it from the time she left, but coming back dressed as a dildo was ridiculous. That's around the time I tuned out, not sure which series that was.
    Forum Member
    I didn't even like Shell's return, even though I wanted it from the time she left, but coming back dressed as a dildo was ridiculous. That's around the time I tuned out, not sure which series that was.

That was season 5. I think they brought Shell back because everyone was complaining about season 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any pics of the event? would be good to see them all together again. :)

If you're on the twitters, #BgReunion will bring some up. Filming was prohibited at the event, so a lot of stuff has been taken offline, it seems...
    Forum Member
    immusic wrote: »
    If you're on the twitters, #BgReunion will bring some up. Filming was prohibited at the event, so a lot of stuff has been taken offline, it seems...

Thank you!

Looks like

Helen
    Nikki
    Shell
    Two Julies

All attended from the pics I can see.

Wonder if a TV comeback was discussed :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you!

Looks like

Helen
    Nikki
    Shell
    Two Julies

All attended from the pics I can see.

Wonder if a TV comeback was discussed :p

If only! :)

Denny was definitely there too, and I saw pics of Bodybag and Tina that I think were taken the same night, so if they were, that'd make Tina the only only non-original cast member to attend. Series 1-3 ftw! ;-):)
    Forum Member
    Oh yes I see the pic of Denny! and lol its only right the best and the original characters featured. Tina is an honorary original :p
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    It was so good but sadly the last season was poor, Season 7 was ok but the thing that miffed me with BG was certain big characters such as Di just suddenly disappeared and never mentioned again :confused:
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Bad Girls. I also loved many of those other one hour long drama series they used to have on ITV at 9 0'clock - London's Burning, Soldier Solider, Peak Practice. I'm sure there were more that I can't remember. What happened to them all and why don't they make any series like that anymore? Replaced by reality TV I guess.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't call.it a soap really
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Every episode always ended on a really good cliffhanger.

I remember the fire being really dramatic.

People always criticize the last seasons but there was one great thing about them - Joy Masterton.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Every episode always ended on a really good cliffhanger.

I remember the fire being really dramatic.

People always criticize the last seasons but there was one great thing about them - Joy Masterton.

loved joy, in fact they always seemed to cast the governor role well I loved Francis, Helen and Karen as well they were all different.

one of my fave scenes although a bit silly was when Karen took Yvonne to the pub lol
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linda Henry and Debra Stephenson were both excellent in the show. Yvonnes death still sends shivers down my spine :o
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Linda Henry and Debra Stephenson were both excellent in the show. Yvonnes death still sends shivers down my spine :o

Agreed, I remember watching it when I was like 10 and when they found her body in season 6 and briefly showed us it, f*****g creepy :eek:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I remember watching it when I was like 10 and when they found her body in season 6 and briefly showed us it, f*****g creepy :eek:

You make me feel old :(:o:D
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Yeah!

BG was a very good show, loved Yvonne and the two Julies, i too remember them finding Yvonne's body, she should never have been killed off. Fenner was a good baddie though and it went downhill after he was killed.
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the box set a couple of months ago having never seen it before and absolutely LOVED it! I didn't mind the later series' but hated the Christmas special with Fenner's ghost and the exorcism!!

My favourites definitely had to be Phylida Oswyn and Bev Tull!
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie Buxton was amazing! Proper great villian and her fued with Pat was brilliant.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member

Indeed. Though still good through to season 5, until they killed off Yvonne. After that it went into freefall, the costa cons were a great addition and was still decent but the final nail in the coffin was when they polished off Fenner in season 7. The less said about series 8 the better.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Yvonne Atkins, Natalie Buxton and Pat Kerrigan were my all time favourite characters. Bad Girls was a gripping show and I loved all the plots especially Fenner's downfall. Bodybag's scenes were always a scene stealer :)