Bin Issues spreading North

soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So we have bingate on Eastenders that everyone is furious about yet Corrie has started its own bins storyline and no one is kicking up a fuss

It started with the headline on Eileen's paper yesterday and then the bins issue was mentioned tonight

So do you think it is realistic is everyone having bin issues :D

are you having Bin issues 29 votes

Yes
41% 12 votes
No
37% 11 votes
Keep your neb out it is private
20% 6 votes

Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad that soaps are highlighting this serious issue that impacts on the lives of millions of innocent people day in, day out. Hopefully by raising awareness, the issue will become easier for people to live with.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad that soaps are highlighting this serious issue that impacts on the lives of millions of innocent people day in, day out. Hopefully by raising awareness, the issue will become easier for people to live with.

Iv added a poll I want to see how serious this issue is :D
  • RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be honest I think we need to start having warnings before the programme air because I for one find bin scenes very distressing. And also mildly threatening.

Edit: I can't believe I just voted in a poll about bins:D
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Corrie is taking a jibe at EastEnders! :D:p
  • Kell_FreeKell_Free Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm disgusted at the lack of a helpline number at the end of each episode. The storyline is not being done justice in my opinion, it's a devastating real life issue but the storyliners are just using it for more box ticking :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are both soaps not providing helpline numbers for distressed viewers at the end of each episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kell_Free wrote: »
    I'm disgusted at the lack of a helpline number at the end of each episode. The storyline is not being done justice in my opinion, it's a devastating real life issue but the storyliners are just using it for more box ticking :(

:D:D:D:D

Great minds!
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My area have a local facebook group and there always moaning about it so must be a serious issue :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are both soaps not providing helpline numbers for distressed viewers at the end of each episode?

That should do it, a warning before and then a helpline at the end. Maybe then the trauma will stop.
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie actually had the bin story a few months before EastEnders, now they've brought it up again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »
    That should do it, a warning before and then a helpline at the end. Maybe then the trauma will stop.

"The following programme contains scenes of wheelie bins which some viewers may find upsetting"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The following programme contains scenes of wheelie bins which some viewers may find upsetting"

They look so sad when they're toppled over :(:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Iv added a poll I want to see how serious this issue is :D

Keep your neb out of my wheelie bin ...
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These bin stories are great and making Brian a recycling czar (or tsar :D) is a masterstroke.

One minute Roy is telling Brian how he's an advocate of recycling and shortly after we see all his milk cartons in the flat (presumably rinsed out) all stacked up and ready for the recycling bin. :D
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    My area have a local facebook group and there always moaning about it so must be a serious issue :D

Same here, always people moaning about how their bins have not been collected this time. So to be fair to them soaps are actually being realistic when having storylines about bins! A very realistic issue :D

At least Corrie's bin story does not revolve around the men of Weatherfield recognising Tracy's bedroom lamp this time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »

Maybe that's what the distressing scenes were this evening :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Same here, always people moaning about how their bins have not been collected this time. So to be fair to them soaps are actually being realistic when having storylines about bins! A very realistic issue :D

At least Corrie's bin story does not revolve around the men of Weatherfield recognising Tracy's bedroom lamp this time!

That was so funny tho :D
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    These bin stories are great and making Brian a recycling czar (or tsar :D) is a masterstroke.

One minute Roy is telling Brian how he's an advocate of recycling and shortly after we see all his milk cartons in the flat (presumably rinsed out) all stacked up and ready for the recycling bin. :D

I notice that, thought I was seeing things with the milk cartons.

Residents even get the local councillors on to it and the recycle van made to come back and pick up :D

Oh yes least we forget she had both David Platt and Nick Tisley in the same week!
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member

But that was a skip not a bin so doesn't count.

Bins are probably Corrie's most useful prop. Some of the uses have been:

To provide employment for Curly Watts and Eddie Yates.

Curly's bin not being emptied after he became a councillor and upset the bin men by trying to make it that residents wouldn't have to bring their bins round to the street.

Everyone thinking it was blue bin day when it was actually black bin day.

Used to wheel the body of Colin Fishwick around the street after John Stape killed him.

Maria's bloody rug being found in one.

Maria's bloody hairdresser's scissors found in the factory's bin after Aidan threw them there. (But that one's more like a skip anyway)
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    It's bin an issue for years but just recently it's got wheelie serious!!!

Goes for a lie down....:blush:
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of days ago I was raiding in the bins as I 'accidentally' threw out some very important documentation. Whilst rummaging I came across a plastic bag, the same one I recall a neighbour of mine down the road having several days ago. Remembering that useful story with Old Man Connor and the incriminating plastic bag, I handed it into the police and told them I believed this meant my neighbour was a murderer. Unfortunately, I got booked for wasting their time.

So yeah, f*** you Corrie for that misleading, issue-driven plot.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,136
    Forum Member
    c120701 wrote: »
    Corrie actually had the bin story a few months before EastEnders, now they've brought it up again.

True.

There was a subplot about not knowing whether it was brown, black or green bin day before Emily had left.

Joking aside, whilst it is hardly gripping drama and shouldn't be the focus, cutting down on bin collections, ecpectong people to find space for multiple wheelie bins and not emptying them if not sorted correctly us something that is happening on more and more Councils and people do moan about it so fair enough for it to be mentioned.

For the record, my Borough is currently in the 'Consultation' stage of proposed changes. Public meetings, petitions to stop it and that kind of stuff.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,136
    Forum Member

Tracy's lamp actually raised a smile from me!
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    A couple of days ago I was raiding in the bins as I 'accidentally' threw out some very important documentation. Whilst rummaging I came across a plastic bag, the same one I recall a neighbour of mine down the road having several days ago. Remembering that useful story with Old Man Connor and the incriminating plastic bag, I handed it into the police and told them I believed this meant my neighbour was a murderer. Unfortunately, I got booked for wasting their time.

So yeah, f*** you Corrie for that misleading, issue-driven plot.

:D:D:D

You obviously haven't got a murdering psycho hairdresser as a neighbour then Callum... so it's not all bad news!!
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. The collectors are so picky about the bags inside the bins. Ysibg black ones got banned out of the blue and so our recycling one wasnt taken for a month and it builds up quick. We called and they just never turned up. It tooks weeks to get them balanced again. Also people have been dumping regular rubbish in our recycling when its put out and as a result it isnt taken again.

The council just don't deal with them properly and expect people to live in rubbish. I have resulted to either waking up at stupid o clock to take the bin to the front or leave it slightly on our drive. They need to male both bins weekly but different days per section.