Another Corrie Return (Spoilers)

Comments

• .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you ruin my Saturday? :cry:

She was mentioned as AwfulAlex wanted to invite her as his +1 to Roay and Cathys wedding, but I was secretly hoping she would decline the invitation. From the looks of that photo her feet are well and truly under the table >:(
  • Nozze02Nozze02 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    .exe wrote: »

She was mentioned as AwfulAlex wanted to invite her as his +1 to Roay and Cathys wedding, but I was secretly hoping she would decline the invitation. From the looks of that photo her feet are well and truly under the table >:(
    I think her and Mary will fight for Brian.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god no.

She has to be one of the worst characters to grace the cobbles.

Awful, awful woman.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked her (in small doses). Not surprised really that they're bringing her back. Keep her away from Ken, though.
  • doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nozze02 wrote: »
    I think her and Mary will fight for Brian.

😡 More stupidity. I just want Cathy and Alex to disappear and leave Roy alone, not add more to the dreadful clan.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 18,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't have been my first choice. It makes sense to follow up on the otherwise pointless revelations but hopefully she won't stay long.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    To say I am not delighted by this news would be something of an understatement!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Nessa.

Is it a temporary return for the wedding or is it permanent?
  • claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's not a permanent return.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no don't like her
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,214
    Forum Member
    I don't like Nessa, but I prefer her to Cathy. When they have their fight I hope Nessa wipes the floor with Cathy then they both leave Weatherfield forever.
  • BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,563
    Forum Member
    I'll be glad to see her return...as long as she only stays for one episode and takes the awful Cathy and Alex back with her!
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, why, WHY?!

Seriously, WHY?
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .exe wrote: »

She was mentioned as AwfulAlex wanted to invite her as his +1 to Roy and Cathys wedding, but I was secretly hoping she would decline the invitation. From the looks of that photo her feet are well and truly under the table >:(

I am so desperately hoping that this wedding will not go ahead. How can the character of Nessa return to the street, having abandoned her vulnerable son? Will Nessa stay in the little flat over the cafe with Roy, Cathy and Alex?
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I really, really want to like Cathy because Melanie Hill is such a fantastic actress but the writing isn't helping her.

They need to get her out of the cafe, and mix with the locals. Hayley worked so well because of her interactions at the factory etc. She dragged Roy into the community, and the community rallied around him following her death. Whereas it is Roy that drags Cathy into the community.

It just doesn't work at the moment. Give her a new job out of the cafe, give her some friends maybe Gail who is also crying out for some friends and lets see her vulnerability instead of her bitting peoples heads off all the time. And lets see her and Roy have fun, and do things as a couple. Show the love between them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really want to like Cathy because Melanie Hill is such a fantastic actress but the writing isn't helping her.

They need to get her out of the cafe, and mix with the locals. Hayley worked so well because of her interactions at the factory etc. She dragged Roy into the community, and the community rallied around him following her death. Whereas it is Roy that drags Cathy into the community.

It just doesn't work at the moment. Give her a new job out of the cafe, give her some friends maybe Gail who is also crying out for some friends and lets see her vulnerability instead of her bitting peoples heads off all the time. And lets see her and Roy have fun, and do things as a couple. Show the love between them.

That's far too easy Chrissy and would require the production team to do something out of the ordinary for once ... impossible !
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    That's far too easy Chrissy and would require the production team to do something out of the ordinary for once ... impossible !

It wouldn't be hard. Have Cathy work with Erica in the shop? Gives the shop a bit of life again and gives Cathy the chance to interact with some different characters, Erica, Dev, Mary and whoever uses the shop.
  • RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God no. Please no.

Abysmal character, why would you choose to bring her back?

If this involves Ken it'll be even worse.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe Gail who is also crying out for some friends

Apart from Audrey who has a lot of friends it seems them having none or many friends outside the family seems one of the Platt family problems right now.

Gail - Just Sally or has that been forgotten about.
    Sarah - Todd and Billy but has no female friends on the street, she doesn't mention Candice and she's forgotten she was friends with Maria.
    David - No one.
    Bethany - Craig but just like her mother has no female friends.
    Nick - No one.

So I wouldn't mind Cathy being friends with Gail.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I am pleased about this. She is a good character and the actress is good.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen Nessa is back yes!!!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    permanent or guest??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    permanent or guest??

She's the
    new Rovers landlady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could Nessa be the character Kate Oates has been looking for to start her version of Robron on the cobbles?
    Nessa and Rita start a steamy lesbian affair.
    The question is, would they be called Nesta or Rissa?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooooo! :(