Best Ever Episode of The Bill

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is everybodys all time favourite episode of The Bill?? Choose not just from recent episodes, but from every single episode ever made. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    i loved it when cathy bradford lost it completely at the hospital and smashed up the ladies toilets, and then on her way out collared a nurse and said "someone's vandalised your loo". classic.
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of Suzi Croft and Rod Skase's episodes!!! They were both great together. Or any ep with Liz Rawton.
  • Norris ColeNorris Cole Posts: 2,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liked it when Gabriel jumped to his death, wish he took June Ackland with him! JOKING! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is between two for me:

The first was way back in the Eighties, the 'Ringer' episode; i.e. when they found and broke up a gang who were making cars out of other write-offs. Excellent chase finale. This was the first episode to introduce us to "Bent Burnside" (and you see him stealing).

The second and most recent episode was when Terry was undercover in Prison as a Paedophile. Another build up to an excellent finale. The bit where Terry was attacked by the knife wealding thug and Terry buried the knife in the attacker's leg made me cheer out loud.
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    Maragaret and Ramani the epside when she pushed her down the stairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got the episode "Ringer" on DVD. It is in series 2 of the originals. It was a good episode. Another great episode from that series is "Hostage". Bob Cryer and an old lady are being held hostage by a nutter and at the end Galloway, Roach and Dashwood burst in and shoot him!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got the episode "Ringer" on DVD. It is in series 2 of the originals. It was a good episode. Another great episode from that series is "Hostage". Bob Cryer and an old lady are being held hostage by a nutter and at the end Galloway, Roach and Dashwood burst in and shoot him!!!

The last time I saw "Ringer" was when it was first broadcast. I may be tempted to get the DVDs soon. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would urge you to buy the DVD's. They have released Series 1 & 2 but series 3 has not been released as yet. Some of the early episodes were really good, proper classics!!
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    When Gabrielle jumped to his death. Yvonne's courtcase.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    im going back to the 90's for my favourite episode i think it was the culimation of the whole bent copper storyline with don beech (billy murray) killing ds bolton when he found out finally beech was corrupt! It was a great storyline overall, but let down by the beech in australia series spin off, which started well but was a bit of a let down!

Hope to see don return maybe he is out of `enders? I totally forgot until recently that he was on the run again! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember an episode from the 90's. It was one of the half hour shows. It featured probably the longest car chase in Sun Hill history. Tony Stamp was in the area car and he was chasing a youth in a stolen car for virtually the whole episode. The chase finished on foot when the lad ran into a warehouse type building. Stamp and someone else (I can't remember who) gave chase but the lad jumped from the building, not realising how high up he was, and died!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the "Target" triology where June Ackland was the target of a hitman. Three very strong half-hour episodes.

I also enjoyed the Operation Magenta storyline trying to catch a serial rapist with Liz Rawton making a welcome return; the episode where Terry Perkins went undercover in prison was also very good.

The final episodes of Don Beech and the fall-out from the CIB investigation into his activities were also great television.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maragaret and Ramani the epside when she pushed her down the stairs.

That has to be one of my favourites too. Also the David Russo episodes were really really good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about the "Target" Triology. They were brilliant episodes. Didn't Junes cat get killed off in the fire???
    Forum Member
    Didn't Junes cat get killed off in the fire???

YES!!!! That poor thing!!! It's one of the bits I remember most about that episode.

Oh, and when Jo Morgan got shot too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    My favourite episodes were where Mickey went under-cover with the football hooligans!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Gabriel Kent jumped to his death. That was a great episode because Gabriel totally snapped near the end when he and June were investigating a case about a girl threatning to kill herself!
  • AFC69AFC69 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Chandler ones were also good when he shot himself
  • Numero OneNumero One Posts: 2,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have loads of favourite episodes, it's hard to name just one. I loved the episode 'Hostage' on the 1985 Series 2 DVD, 'The Short Straw' and 'Target' episodes, the Christmas episode from 1999, and others like the Serial rapist and 'Britanniamania' episodes from 2001.

Most recently, I loved September's live episode.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    the don beech ones were great
  • Norris ColeNorris Cole Posts: 2,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun Hill fire when Andrea Dunbar died and also Kerry Youngs shooting!!!!!! :cry:
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one that springs to mind for me is the episode where Cathy Bradford pushes Brandon's wife down the stairs at a multi-storey car park. The scenes where she frantically tries to cover her tracks were well acted, written and filmed.

I also enjoyed the confrontations between Meadows and Chandler
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic but does anyone remember an episode (could have been broadcast around a Halloween) where Tom Proctor, Duncan Lennox and possibly Liz Rawton were in a warehouse chatting about spooky things that happened earlier in their careers. There was then a flash-back story involving Duncan. I can't remember if the others had similar flashbacks during the episode.
    Forum Member
    ^ I think that was Haunted, broadcast in 1999. I think there were flashback scenes with Tom Proctor in uniform. Here's the description from tv.com:

DS Stanton, DC Lennox and DC Proctor are on an obbo at a spooky old building called the Old Pumping Station, which is supposed to be haunted. The trio tell each other ghost stories: back in his uniform days, Proctor was assigned to watch the house of a serial murderer. Investigating a noise, he meets a young woman called Cathy, who turns out to have been one of the killer's victims. A sceptical Stanton reveals how a psychic's assistance with a case she worked on turned out to be a hoax. Lennox, when he was in the Glasgow police, meets a dying crime boss who promises revenge from beyond the grave.
  • JohnVBJohnVB Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oct 00 - Don Beech final episode

Oct 02 - Tom Chandlers downfall.

I don't watch it much thesedays, it's lost it's appeal.