Best Ever Episode of The Bill

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kissie wrote:
    My favourite episodes were where Mickey went under-cover with the football hooligans!

Yes, I remember that; very violent for The Bill IIRC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I could single out one episode as the best I've ever seen but the Don Beech exit storyline was the story that got me hooked on The Bill. It was simply unmissable back then and the Beech episodes probably remain my all time favourites.
    Other episodes I like are The Britaniamania storyline (who would have thought the guy out of the flash adverts could be such a convincing psycho?)
    and the serial rapist storyline involving Liz Rawton and Kate Spears.
    Still overall the Beech episodes are my favourite. Jonathan Young may be doing a good job these days but nothing he has done so far catch match the drama and quality of the Beech episodes.
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Morgan- The episode in 1995 when she was shot.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Favourite storylines were the ones with Rosie Fox and Eddie Santini, the one where Mickey and Jack were trying to bring Chandler down, Jim Carver as an alchoholic when he was drunk during the warehouse raid and the resulting car chase and the one where Beech killed John Boulton and Boulton/Clare Stanton storyline.

It wasn't a favourite of mine but does anyone remember an episode where Jack Meadows and Rod Skase went to France I can't remember what episode was about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Des taviner blowing up sun hill and his whole guilt trip and then leading up to telling reg
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umbongo wrote:
    ^ I think that was Haunted, broadcast in 1999. I think there were flashback scenes with Tom Proctor in uniform. Here's the description from tv.com:

DS Stanton, DC Lennox and DC Proctor are on an obbo at a spooky old building called the Old Pumping Station, which is supposed to be haunted. The trio tell each other ghost stories: back in his uniform days, Proctor was assigned to watch the house of a serial murderer. Investigating a noise, he meets a young woman called Cathy, who turns out to have been one of the killer's victims. A sceptical Stanton reveals how a psychic's assistance with a case she worked on turned out to be a hoax. Lennox, when he was in the Glasgow police, meets a dying crime boss who promises revenge from beyond the grave.

Thanks umbongo for the info, I thought it was a great way to bring in a variation to the run-of-the-mill stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Just found this thread and have to say my favourite was definitely the whole Don Beech corruption storyline - the sequel spin-off wasnt as good as his antics while going downhill, but still good.

Since can get the Eddie Santini episode really should be able get the Don Beech eps in question surely!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the episode when Luke and Kerry got married. And also thought when they did the live one it was very good too. There have been lots of fantastic episodes including the sun hill explosion and the murder of cass rickman.
  • cussywoocussywoo Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is true though, they dont make it like they used to...

late 90s early 00s was the best era in my opinion
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The episode where Gilmore and Luke kissed

apart from that any episode with Phil Hunter in!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the one where Phil was targetted by the man (can't remember names now) who's wife Phil was having an affair with and both Phil and Sam ended up in theunderground network of tunnels hiding from him. It was one of the first episodes I watched recently (I watched it when I was about 8 but I can't remember much from then surprisingly!) and it's stuck in my mind ever since. I must have watched the tape I had of it about thirty times before it was recorded over.
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The Eddie Santini and Rosie Fox episodes were great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    June's last episodes were great although it was sad to see her go. Her and Jim being kidnapped was great because it was bad enough for June having to work with him let alone being held hostage in the back of a van with him!! i genuinely had no idea who she was gonna choose - Jim or Rod and when she chose Rod i was really shocked!
  • PJMillarPJMillar Posts: 3,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch loads but they are so forgettable, one I remember a lot, was the "serial killer" investigation and the end of that was good, and when she hung the religious police woman, it was horrible, as she was Liverpudlian I think and was saying the Lord's prayer. I was very scared!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    i think there are to many great episodes to decide which was my favourite.as the show has been going for over 21years i find it hard to do but there are so many good storylines and characters that have now left bob cryer ,june ackland ,don beech ,des taviner, jim carver , tosh lyons,to mention a few and they all had great storylines over the years.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any episode that lasted half an hour and didnt run over into the next episode...

those days are long gone and with it my interest in The Bill..

Any episode with Reg was a sure fire winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I liked it whenSon Beech was about to be caught out and go on the run
  • lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »
    The episode where Gilmore and Luke kissed

This is also my favourite:)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Brittainamania eps were fab!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think there are to many great episodes to decide which was my favourite.as the show has been going for over 21years i find it hard to do but there are so many good storylines and characters that have now left bob cryer ,june ackland ,don beech ,des taviner, jim carver , tosh lyons,to mention a few and they all had great storylines over the years.

That was one of the early episode I remeber watching I had watched it before but that was the one episode that stood out for me and got me hooked.

I reccently enjoyed the night club collapse and when Sam Nixons daughter was abducted by the psycho that had me hooked but went on too long! I like the little humour storylines they do sometimes too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Best one ever was the 'Kiss Off' 2-parter which was originally 3 or 4 episodes edited down, and later 'The Trial of Eddie Santini'. It's out on DVD, well worth buying. Santini was the best character ever in The Bill.
    Also liked the Don Beech ones leading up to All Fall Down, and the ones around when Taviner started the fire.
    I really miss The Bill. Got bored with it after Gabriel Kent died and stopped watching. Wish I hadn't now. Just bought the final episode on DVD (Australian import). Not bad, but not what it used to be.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    when the van went into sun hill full of petrol
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my favourite episode is when Mickey told Jack he had been raped by Delaney. Chris Simmons' acting was phenomenal. The whole episode was a rollercoaster of emotions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie's death (I missed him afterwards though)
  • cuddlykoalacuddlykoala Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    The episodes surrounding the death of the soco. It ended with Des and Craig fighting outside the pub.

The fire bombing by Des was great and I loved the Craig Luke story up untill the wedding.