Options

Sorry but i still don't think Lucinda is very good.

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Thought she has had a lot of luck this series , she couldn't sell anything in great numbers, think this will be proved next week. Still doesn't really have much of a business brain.

I feel the toys for boys task may be the end of her next week.

Still think she comes across as rather patronising at times and over estimates her "skills" and "abilities"

Comments

• Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been twice winner as PM, she had to put up with a lot of nasty snide behaviour from Lee and Alex tonight. She is a strong character, and the most likable now that we are bereft of Rafe.
  • Options
    JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am suspicious about her complaining a bit, after the latest episode and the preview for next week. Could it be that she's trying to make her team mates look bad so they'll get fired, as speculated on You're Fired? Having said that, I did agree with what she said about Alex and still like her for the moment. ;)
  • Options
    GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good leader, calm, collected, thinks things through, her half of the team praised for sales ability during the ice cream task and an uncanny ability to tame Lee (at least up until this week).

I fail to see your point.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    She's been twice winner as PM, she had to put up with a lot of nasty snide behaviour from Lee and Alex tonight. She is a strong character, and the most likable now that we are bereft of Rafe.

She lost the first time she was PM. (Ice-cream task)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Lucinda has good skills. problem for her is that she isn't brash, doesn't sound northern or 'common' and gets ignored, despite often being right.

SAS may think that she lacks 'leadership' for not being bolshy, but in the real world, where employees have to pay attention to their manager, she would not be sidelined and she would succeed more often than she failed.

it'll probably turn out that she can't drive next week...
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...she had to put up with a lot of nasty snide behaviour from Lee and Alex tonight.

Can you refresh my memory on this?

What I recall is seeing her go on and on about the box after it was too late to do anything about it. Do you have any insight into what the point of doing that was because I'm coming up short in working out how that was helping the team.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I'm sticking my neck out too in saying that I'm not convinced about Lucinda being an ideal candidate for the job.

But then I'm wondering who is the ideal candidate for Sir Alan's company????????

I doubt any of the audience knows.

This show has been a sham from start to end and I have no belief, or even direction of whom SA wants in his company.

And worse...........I really couldn't give a toss, as it's all showmance stuff now. And ironically what SA sacked others for earlier on in the show. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Sugar has indicated that he wants someone to manage some of his property portfolio so just having a good sales ability may not be exactly what he is looking for but out of those left I'm not sure who does - Lee has too many anger issues, Michael is a joke and living on borrowed time, Alex is a nonentity with a nasty side, Helene is a backstabbing liar who has actually done very little other than blame others, Lucinda a breath of fresh air but I can't see her fitting in to the Amstrad empire that easily and that leaves Claire who is a bit of a Badger but less of a finished product, has shown she can change her ways whilst still fighting her corner - I can see her fitting into the apprentice role. Also it could be SAS's way of making up for the mistake of chosing Michelle who was clearly not right for that role so my money is on Claire now.
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Give her one thing.

She looked fantastic in that short sparkly dress!
  • Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Lucinda in last nights show, she came across as a spoilt child.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I think (by the previews) things go tits up for the Alex / Lee / Lucinda team next week. It doesn't look good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I think she's got a big too big for her boots and showed herself up a bit last night. Having said that - someone had to step in coz Alex couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt Lucinda behaved very badly last night. She showed the side of herself that the other candidates have accused her of last night. She was obstructive, negative and acted like a spoilt child. She whinged throughout the show. What really put me off was her daring to wag her fingers at fellow contestants and go 'naughty naughty naughty' ... so patronising ... if one og the guys had behaved liked that they would have been slaughtered on here
  • Options
    2LO2LO Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    What really put me off was her daring to wag her fingers at fellow contestants and go 'naughty naughty naughty'

Despite seeing that twice (once on YF), I couldn't hear what she said before "naughty, naughty". What was she complaining about there?

On the subject of her behaviour last night, I agree that it wasn't particularly constructive but I think she was just so frustrated that the team had done such an appalling job (even if they did turn out to be lucky winners).

I still think she's by far the strongest candidate (unless Helene is being deliberately kept under wraps by the editing process).
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with you :)

And I hope she did buy that sparkly dress :)
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I feel she made fair points concerning the task.

How many times has SAS told them off for not saying anything sooner before firing them?

Also Lee lied, Lucinda did want to be in on the design and did not offer to do the location hunt.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I could not work with Alex and Lee together. They have joined forces ... and their egos together are like a brick wall - you cannot get through to them once they think they have a solution.

Too much of "that's what I mean" mentality for me.

Lucinda and Claire for me ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am suspicious about her complaining a bit, after the latest episode and the preview for next week. Could it be that she's trying to make her team mates look bad so they'll get fired, as speculated on You're Fired? Having said that, I did agree with what she said about Alex and still like her for the moment. ;)

Perhaps she now realises that she has to do a bit of back-stabbing to stay in the competition.

SAS did agree with her that the box design was horrible - the boys were thoroughly pleased with their choices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked sad when Claire and Michael returned to the house without Raef. :(
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a remarkable amount of delusional tripe being dispensed on this thread.

Some people seem to think Lucinda is a nice person because she has been the victim of some pretty unpleasant and personal abuse. I have some news for you: being a victim doesn't necessarily make you a nice person or competent at business. Lucinda may have shown concern for other victims of abuse, but this behaviour was essentially just a mutual comforting by the incompetents.

The only reason that, until recently, we have not seen the conceited, self-indulgent and self-serving side of Lucinda is because she has been obliged through her incompetence and low self-esteem to keep a low profile and accommodate others. She had to be more assertive as PM, but the tasks on both occasions ( the ice cream selling and the wedding dress promotion ) required little project management and few decisions and so her being inept, ineffectual and inoffensive were not problems.

The confidence that she gained through winning the wedding task and receiving an endorsement from her team has, as usual with these sorts of people, revealed the true monster that lurks within; she is a petty-minded, inept, confused incompetent who can't prioritise issues or tasks.

She is only at the start of the path to being a competent manager and this was graphically demonstrated in this episode. With her newly gained confidence she decided that a self-serving approach was desirable; she carped at every opportunity, whether on petty or substantive issues, and criticised all team decisions with a destructive vigour so she could later disown them in the boardroom. This negative and immature strategy, which almost amounted to sabotage, was the same strategy that Claire adopted weeks ago and seems to have abandoned after suffering the consequences. Lucinda may in many weeks time develop further and catch up with the rest of them but I doubt it, she is trailing and destined to fail.

An interesting question for Lucinda lovers, who usually dislike Alex, emerges from her recent behaviour: what would you think if Alex had been as disruptive as Lucinda in his tasks ? Had he behaved like Lucinda there would have been a baying for his blood. Alex had the good sense to go along with decisions he couldn't change and make the best of bad jobs, Lucinda couldn't see the bigger picture and indulged every negative and selfish whim she had at the expense of her team.
  • Options
    EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivid wrote: »
    There is a remarkable amount of delusional tripe being dispensed on this thread.

aka opinions. You need to tone down your vindictive manner. It stopped me reading the rest of the post, which I'm sure was actually thought-provoking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just ignore that Lucinda brought up some valid points.

The box was garish.
    It was badly designed - nobody wants to look at a snotty nose.
    The advert had nothing vaguely interesting in it.
    As she was a target consumer for the tissues, buying many herself, she should've been present in the design. Not two males.
    The box was surrounded by dead flowers etc etc.

She was just frustrated because Lee and Alex had the boys club mindset and chose to work with each other and back each other up. When she finally got through to Alex, and he let her sit in on the filming, he even admitted himself that she was very positive and responded well to questions he asked her.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you refresh my memory on this?

What I recall is seeing her go on and on about the box after it was too late to do anything about it. Do you have any insight into what the point of doing that was because I'm coming up short in working out how that was helping the team.

They were blatantly trying to bully her out of opinion, accusing her of volounteering for the location job when she clearly did not. Lee tried to shout at her in the cab and she wouldn't stand for it.

And the glut of funny faces the pair made behind her back, they showed her no respect when in fact, everything she said was right. The box looked shit, you don't have dead flowers in an advert.

Of course, Sir Al is willing to overlook this stuff just to eject the posh bloke.
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just ignore that Lucinda brought up some valid points.

The box was garish.
    It was badly designed - nobody wants to look at a snotty nose.
    The advert had nothing vaguely interesting in it.
    As she was a target consumer for the tissues, buying many herself, she should've been present in the design. Not two males.
    The box was surrounded by dead flowers etc etc.

She was just frustrated because Lee and Alex had the boys club mindset and chose to work with each other and back each other up. When she finally got through to Alex, and he let her sit in on the filming, he even admitted himself that she was very positive and responded well to questions he asked her.

This is an apologist nonsense.

You last paragraph is most telling. You say that she responded positively to the film and answered questions positively.......... Jesuss!!!!!!!! That behaviour is the bare MINIMUM one would expect from a team member. One expects a team member to make a positive rather than a negative contribution, so for you, as her supporter, to cite this behaviour as positive makes the case for her detractors !

The box was garish but it was aimed at the female market as Lee said in his pitch and there are many garish products which succeed and it certainly stood out.

It did not have a snotty nose on it.

How many adverts do have interesting things in them?

Lucinda's alternative ideas were appalling, so it was a good job she didn't contribute.

The box was not surrounded by dead flowers, did you notice any dead flowers in the clip of the ad they showed ? No of course you didn't. It was a typical case of Lucinda obsessing with irrelevancies in a desperate attempt to criticise the ad and the boy's performance and enhance her status.

Your points in support of Lucinda are as flawed as her contribution to the team.